• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It was bad and you should feel bad.

And there's nothing you can say to make me feel otherwise.

wink.gif

Kawl_USC

It was a 1 in a million shot. The fact that it succeeded doesn't mean it was a good gambit, it was a bad gambit that just happened to work out that time.

Like if you win the lotto with a given set of numbers it doesn't follow that those numbers are special.

This is a great point that the majority of gafia just ignores lol. You can make the right decision and it have a bad outcome and vice versa. Evaluating decisions in hindsight based on the ultimate outcome versus what was best play at the the time with the information present is just poor analysis.

CzarTim

Was going to say I'm not sure if I could see haly crab as w/w, but these posts read like scum distancing themselves from a teammate while excusing not voting.
Yes I agree with your case for crab but I have a personal bias for crab and I like watching him play so while I'm not opposed to lynching him today I would rather not unless there aren't alternatives. But I also disagree with your scumreading of Tim in your big post. He jokes around but it's just to get a rise out of people before going in.

I think Crab's argument is convincing. I already had something like that in mind. Sometimes GAFia read too much into the timing of posts.

But then I always err on the side of leniency and this is one of my weaknesses as a player so...

Kyanrute

Why did you choose Haly?

1. I was not able to get a good read on Haly on day one.
2. I was not familiar with Haly's play style, what made me worry that 1. would continue.
3. Haly had some posts defending LP in a way that I felt looked like scum distancing themselves from a town lynch.
4. I felt that the LP lynch was the "better" lynch on day one and gave a bit of a priority on the ones on Ouro lynch when picking a target.
5. I tried to think about who would survive the night and Haly did not make it into my personal top night lynch candidates.

It was a 1 in a million shot. The fact that it succeeded doesn't mean it was a good gambit, it was a bad gambit that just happened to work out that time.

Like if you win the lotto with a given set of numbers it doesn't follow that those numbers are special.

I don't think we will agree on what to categorize it. Regardless I don't think it's very relevant to Kyan's claim. So I'm a bit surprised you bring that out of the blue. Wouldnt ynny's gambit in mini1 be a better fit?

Also, I don't remember it being entirely baseless. Ouro went after someone a lot of doubt and suspicion on them prior day.

CCS

Banned
Won't be able to post much this evening, this is a weird gambit from Kyan. I actually almost believe it.

Haly

I don't think we will agree on what to categorize it. Regardless I don't think it's very relevant to Kyan's claim. So I'm a bit surprised you bring that out of the blue. Wouldnt ynny's gambit in mini1 be a better fit?

I didn't read mini1.

Kawl_USC

Also, assuming that C claim is true:

We are confirmed to be in a 3M set up.

1 C would fit into a legit set up.
2 C would require another power role, equally likely to be a D or a V, but 2CV3M give a sk meaning vig had to not use shot or in a 0T game. So 2CD3M is probably likely if its 2C.

1C is roughly twice as likely as 2C though (59.3% vs 31.4%).

If its 1C, no additional power roles is slightly more likely than having additional roles (3T is 54.7%, 2T is 32.8, 1T is 10.9, 0T is just 1.5%)

I do feel its better if you don't confirm one way or the other on whether you are a 1 C or 2C kyan, allow scum to enjoy a bit of wifom in case there is another power role out there.

I believe kyan at the moment. Worst case scenario for town is we are dealing with 3 scum (confirmed) and SK. So 4 baddies. We have 10 people left after the 2 NKs and a mislynch. We lynch Haly, he flips town, we sit at 9 total, 5 town, 3 scum, 1 SK. In this case SK knows that he has to kill scum to keep the game close and prevent a scum win. So any logical SK will target kyan, the obvious scum. That's still a one for one.

If it was a Vig kill instead of an SK, then there will only be one kill tonight, we have one more towns person that the above scenario gaining us an extra day which we use to lynch Kyan the liar.

So since it won't put us in an end game scenario as long as the SK plays to their win con, we should move forward with a Haly lynch.

Also, assuming that C claim is true:

We are confirmed to be in a 3M set up.

1 C would fit into a legit set up.
2 C would require another power role, equally likely to be a D or a V, but 2CV3M give a sk meaning vig had to not use shot or in a 0T game. So 2CD3M is probably likely if its 2C.

1C is roughly twice as likely as 2C though (59.3% vs 31.4%).

If its 1C, no additional power roles is slightly more likely than having additional roles (3T is 54.7%, 2T is 32.8, 1T is 10.9, 0T is just 1.5%)

I do feel its better if you don't confirm one way or the other on whether you are a 1 C or 2C kyan, allow scum to enjoy a bit of wifom in case there is another power role out there.

I believe kyan at the moment. Worst case scenario for town is we are dealing with 3 scum (confirmed) and SK. So 4 baddies. We have 10 people left after the 2 NKs and a mislynch. We lynch Haly, he flips town, we sit at 9 total, 5 town, 3 scum, 1 SK. In this case SK knows that he has to kill scum to keep the game close and prevent a scum win. So any logical SK will target kyan, the obvious scum. That's still a one for one.

If it was a Vig kill instead of an SK, then there will only be one kill tonight, we have one more towns person that the above scenario gaining us an extra day which we use to lynch Kyan the liar.

So since it won't put us in an end game scenario as long as the SK plays to their win con, we should move forward with a Haly lynch.

Thanks for breaking down the numbers.

AKA don't be Bronx.

Haly

Kyan is not cop, but I don't think he's necessarily scum. This just feels like classic Unnecessary Gambit™ as is GAFia is wont to do.

Kawl_USC

Kyan is not cop, but I don't think he's necessarily scum. This just feels like classic Unnecessary Gambit™ as is GAFia is wont to do.

But this is also just a weird response. Feels posturing without taking a stand. guy is claiming a red check on you and you still think he's town

CzarTim

if you're both town and we have 2 kills again, tomorrow is lylo as well as international yell at kyan day

Haly

How do you know?
I know my own alignment?

But now that I think about it there's a possibility Kyan is still cop and is... lying about my being "red". This would make even Ouro's gambit look reasonable and well thought out.
if you're both town and we have 2 kills again, tomorrow is lylo as well as international yell at kyan day

No, not necessarily. I thought so too and when I ran the scenario and SK can still maintain the town-scum ratio if they survive the lynch, NK, Roleblock, and manage to kill a scum.

Haly

Let's say, I'm lynched today, Kyan is killed, and CCS. Kyan flips town.

That ends up as 3 town, 1 SK, 3 scum. This would be LyLo EXCEPT, SK can still kill Mafia. So:

2 town, 1 SK, 2 scum.

And basically from this point forward SK has to kill Scum every night (or town, in the event of a successful scum lynch, without getting lynched or block or killed, in order to win. They really have their work cut out for them, but all hope is not lost as long as the SK is serious about winning.

Haly

Actually, sorry, I mispoke. SK doesn't need to kill town at all. I forgot Town can't win if SK exists, which is how Kark played his cards in... Star Wars? Don't really encounter SKs much.

Haly

So, Kyan, the logic's on the table. I need you to be really honest here and answer two questions:

1) Are you really cop or some other power role?

2) Why would you lie about my false positive if you really were a cop?

Because if we go through with this then it's possibly game losing. When I flip town, town will want to lynch you for the claim. And if you're also town, then the two mislynches hands Mafia the victory unless the SK comes through for us.

Timeaisis

Relying on an SK to hopefully hit scum seems like a bad plan.

I don't trust either of your right now, tbh, but I need to hear some more from Kyan other than "haly is scum dicuss"

Kawl_USC

I don't trust either of your right now, tbh, but I need to hear some more from Kyan other than "haly is scum dicuss"

I think relying on them to hit a lying scum kyan tonight if haly flips town is fine. Depending on them to hit scum several times and shit is not.

Haly

Forget what I said earlier about powers. Just... explain what you hoped to accomplish if you're really town, Kyan.

CzarTim

I think relying on them to hit a lying scum kyan tonight if haly flips town is fine. Depending on them to hit scum several times and shit is not.

Which begs the question why scum!kyan would pull this gambit today? It doesn't win scum the game. Why go after Haly?

Timeaisis

Seems like a great way for scum kyan to kill themselves off the next day...doesn't really make much sense to lie.

Kyanrute

So, Kyan, the logic's on the table. I need you to be really honest here and answer two questions:

1) Are you really cop or some other power role?

2) Why would you lie about my false positive if you really were a cop?

Because if we go through with this then it's possibly game losing. When I flip town, town will want to lynch you for the claim. And if you're also town, then the two mislynches hands Mafia the victory unless the SK comes through for us.

1. I am a cop.
2. I am not lying.

What'd you want to hear then?

Haly

Okay, did you get Antitown or No Result? Because I'm thinking you could've been blocked and mistook it for a positive.

Your accusation caught me so off guard I had to look at my PM to make sure I wasn't actually on scum and just never noticed.

Haly

Okay... well.

Vote: Kyanrute

I think mafia is sacrificing Kyanrute to kill me but I have no idea why they would do that at this juncture.

Okay, did you get Antitown or No Result? Because I'm thinking you could've been blocked and mistook it for a positive.

Your accusation caught me so off guard I had to look at my PM to make sure I wasn't actually on scum and just never noticed.

Are you serious with this?

So your defense is that Kyan must have misread his PM?

Haly

Are you serious with this?

So your defense is that Kyan must have misread his PM?

?

I said I had to reread my own PM because I might've misread it horribly. I'm just trying to convey how unexpected Kyan's claim was.

Haly

Didn't you question if Kyan knew the difference between a no result and a red check?

You bolded the second part so I assume that's what you took issue with.

But otherwise, yes, because it's unfathomable otherwise. I don't understand Kyan's play at all and I'm looking for any and all possibilities why he made it.

Haly

What happened to 'he's town pulling a gambit'?

I showed him how dangerous his play is to town. He didn't back off. Thus, I can only assume he's scum. I'm willing to lynch crab though?

Kawl_USC

CCs if you believe there's no world in which you stay in crab. That just doesn't make sense.

In no world do we not lynch haly if kyan does not rescind his claim.

squidyj

So my vote for crab was in part because of yesterday's shenanigans but also because I felt like kyan was pulling towards trying to distract attention away from a scum partner.

I feel like with lynching haly first we're likely to either hit 2 scum or hit a scum and confirm a town whereas lynching kyan first we can hit 2 scum without mislynching or kill our confirmed town before lynching one scum.

Lynching Haly is more even, but lynching Kyan has the best possible result which we may need.

The last consideration is that under this logic Kyan and Crab would have to be mafia and Haly is just scum which means lynching haly would have a chance of getting an SK and reducing KP giving us a longer game where we have more mislynches.

Top Bottom