• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

Kawl_USC

I'm just speculating about scenarios that might not even exist because I haven't done the math nor will I. The specific one was such in which scum could, by knowing MMM and their own roles, get the info that they could / might be able to pull of a fake cop claim. IF there was such a scenario, would there be a SK in it too? IF there was a SK, why would scum ever then pull this gambit, when in course of the gambit someone might speculate about the gambit being a scum gambit.

I know, it is a bunch of nonsense and that was the point as I wanted to illustrate that I think that a Kyan-Crab-Time team seems very unlikely (I know I am town, I was just speculating from a outside POV). Of course since I did not bother with the math, I can't be sure if this is the case.

No I already broke this down earlier when conversing with crab. There is an unknown power role out and about that scum does not know about so they can't be sure if the kill was vig or sk

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I find it sort of bizarre how many people want to lynch me on a day a cop has literally claimed with a guilty.

Kawl_USC

I wasn't making a point. I wanted to lynch crab because the kyan/time thing was just not appealing at all as a puzzle and I wanted to pretend it never happened.
Do you still feel this way?

Cause that is just kicking this can down the road in a bad way, trading a 1 for 1 for a possible mislynch is poor play.

Kyanrute

No I already broke this down earlier when conversing with crab. There is an unknown power role out and about that scum does not know about so they can't be sure if the kill was vig or sk

Nice, wasn't sure myself if that was the same thing I was thinking about lol.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Cause that is just kicking this can down the road in a bad way, trading a 1 for 1 for a possible mislynch is poor play.

The thing is, everyone should know it is poor play, and yet there is a consistent clique of played constantly pushing it. Genuinely, I don't think there is sufficient reason to scumread me. Take a step back and re-examine the case: one joke post with CzarTim about Danganronpa mafia and being on Ourobolus then switching to Lone_Prodigy... like half of the rest of town. That's nothing, especially given I have consistently been putting forward large quantities of material and interacting with town.

So where is this pressure coming from, why on me, and why is it seemingly immune to statements of the obvious like Time/Kyan being today's decision? I thought at first it was ordinary tunnelling - a few people randomly picked me D1, and then people rarely change their minds - once you're pegged as scummy even incorrectly and on D1, people rarely revert to thinking of you as town. Now, however, I'm thinking there is malicious intent.

Shortly I'm going to post my D1 end analysis, but I also want to examine more closely the pressure on me as an extension of that post, because it just isn't sitting right with me.

Gorlak

Banned
I was for lynching crab yesterday as well, if you recall. I also outlined why he's a good lynch today. Hell I'm still voting him even now. Why would I be promoting a crab lynch if we're both scum? Either one of us is not scum or we are the worst scum team ever.

Nah, scum going at their throats and bus one another is a common play. How you voted so far does not rule out a possible partnership.

To the second point: what is kyan is not town and lying?

He could be scum or the SK. And you would be the needed sacrifice to catch him in his lie (or maybe I don't understand your question.)

Gorlak

Banned
pull of a fake cop claim. IF there was a SK,

why would scum ever then pull this gambit, when in course of the gambit someone might speculate about the gambit being a scum gambit.

I still don't get it. What has the SK to do with the gambit?
Wait, you think the faker will get executed by SK and thus the gained trust of fake cop lynching a scum is obsolete?

I know, it is a bunch of nonsense and that was the point as I wanted to illustrate that I think that a Kyan-Crab-Time team seems very unlikely (I know I am town, I was just speculating from a outside POV). Of course since I did not bother with the math, I can't be sure if this is the case.

Okay, so pretty much very theoretical, which we can look at tomorrow after flip. Got it.

Kawl_USC

I was for lynching crab yesterday as well, if you recall. I also outlined why he's a good lynch today. Hell I'm still voting him even now. Why would I be promoting a crab lynch if we're both scum? Either one of us is not scum or we are the worst scum team ever.

Yea I mean this is a weak argument. Wifom to the max. Shade between members is great for scum. He seemed pretty dead ass today so of course you get on that train. And you don't change that when you are red checked as that would be obvious as hell.

Did you vote end on crab yesterday? Can you refresh my memory?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

No, I guess not.

Vote: Timeaisis

Sorry it's kind of hard to take Kyan at face value after what he did to me.

Kawl_USC

Wait, you think the faker will get executed by SK and thus the gained trust of fake cop lynching a scum is obsolete?

Okay, so pretty much very theoretical, which we can look at tomorrow after flip. Got it.
I believe he means a scum fake cop red check a townie to buy a mislynch. It can be a good play, but as I stated earlier if there is a sk and time flips town they have to kill the kyan who would be scum to prevent the game from getting away from them and straight to a scum win.

Kawl_USC

No, I guess not.

Sorry it's kind of hard to take Kyan at face value after what he did to me.

Meh this isn't a good look.

I need to go back and read your response to the fake claim earlier. Have to see if I agree that it was super duper townie.

Kyanrute

Essentially, the idea was that I am a fake cop and the scum team is something like me-Crab-Time. We choose to sac time to gain massive #townpoints. We can do this because we know our roles and we know that the game is MMM****.

But the info, according to Kawl, ain't enough to conclude (1) that there is not a real cop in the game nor is it not enough to conclude (2) that there is not a SK in the game. 1 means that the gambit fails instantly if there is a cop. 2 means that the moment someone theorizes that I am doing a wild scum gambit, the SK knows of this possibility too. SK wants to be the last one alive so there will be a point when they want to kill scum, and I'd be the 1st one on their targets.

or something like this, i am getting bit confused too

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Timeaisis (8)
Kyanrute #783
Kawl_USC #795
CCS #827
squidyj #829
Gorlak #836
melonrabbit #840
CzarTim #842
Haly #860

Crab (1)
CzarTim #634 #842
Haly #638 #739
squidyj #651 #785
Timeaisis #675
CCS #676 #678
Haly #798 #860

Haly (0): Kyanrute #688 #777, melonrabbit #720 #816

Kyanrute (0): Haly #739 #798, squidyj #785 #829, Crab #788 #789, Crab #792 #801

No active vote for Day 2: Crab (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
gra_1486850400.png

Automated vote tally here

Plurality Lynch Rule in effect

Gorlak

Banned
I find it sort of bizarre how many people want to lynch me on a day a cop has literally claimed with a guilty.

So you are guilty tripping 3 people into voting somewhere you yourself are not confident enough to put a vote down at? Interesting.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn't even 3.

Only haly and timeaisis (who obviously wouldn`t vote himself).

Overreacting much crab?

No, not really. This is something literally no town should be doing. It's bizarre Timeaisis would prefer to try and get me lynched than a cop who has literally outed to guilty him. Like, think about that for a moment. It's bizarre haly would be doing it rather than reacting in some way to the situation in front of him including a gambit that literally targeted him. There are three scum members, three is perfectly enough to be strange. Not the mention how quickly votes piled up for me at day start. The case against me is not strong - why is everyone being rushed into thinking it is a done deal?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
VOTE: Timeaisis

I did forget my vote was inactive, though.

Gorlak

Banned
So Time if you flip town, how should we handle kyan? Crab is still your highest suspect?

Kyan, what do you think of crab?

Sorry, been very busy today and am likely to be rest of the day. Will have a look and post if can but can't promise anything.

Please check in

Bro, I wish I was the SK. Be way more interesting. Wouldn't screw it up like Bronx, that's for sure.

Let's see where this leads us.

do you have any other impression of the people in the game?

Gorlak

Banned
No, not really. This is something literally no town should be doing. It's bizarre Timeaisis would prefer to try and get me lynched than a cop who has literally outed to guilty him. Like, think about that for a moment. It's bizarre haly would be doing it rather than reacting in some way to the situation in front of him including a gambit that literally targeted him. There are three scum members, three is perfectly enough to be strange. Not the mention how quickly votes piled up for me at day start. The case against me is not strong - why is everyone being rushed into thinking it is a done deal?

I like playing with you. You are able to write down arguments and word it to your best benefit. You make it sound like everyone is being handled wrongly, nobody wants that of course, so you must be right, yeah we should totally not lynch you today or in the future.

You behaved very odd at the end of day 1 and literally asked for a case against LP and were satisfied with a "he's scummy" before shifting your vote. That's good enough of a reason for me to lynch you. The case is we have a different matter today with a higher priority, that does not mean you will be forgotten.

And how does haly not react to the situation he was involved? He openly stated to be displeased with the whole situation and gave his opinion. His reaction can be criticized, just like Kawl did above, nevertheless accusing him of not reacting is absurd.

Let me remind you, there were TWO votes on you at the moment of your post.

Why do you indirectly critise anyone who's doing sth. instead of calling out haly and timeaisis at the time directly? Because you know, that's how you make yourself look better and how you get people to get off your skin in the future.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Melon please, you've had barely any contribution this day phase despite two megatons. Most of it is halfhearted prods at me and kyan, with some allusions to bronx.

Either you're a very bored town or just coasting scum.

... Relatively the same as last I posted them.

I find CCS, you (Gorlak), and Tim to be likely town. I had Kyan as town and I have seen him as town throughout the game. I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the cop claim, but felt a little burned on the bait-and-switch with Haly for Time. Don't see a motive for Scum!Kyan to do such as thing as this time and do believe his explanation for such a gambit i.e. to see everyone's reaction--will need to see Time's flip. Obvs.

Feel scuminess around Squid the most intensely. But also Haly too. Which I know goes against the grain.

Karl is quite forgetful in this game and I'm not sure why that is.

I don't immediate find Crab as suspect as everyone else. Do think they are likely a PR.

Kyanrute

Kyan, what do you think of crab?

I am looking at Time's vote on Crab and thinking if they both could be scum. If they were, why would Time put that vote down at that point? I don't see any simple reasoning behind it.

If Time flips scum, I'd have a slight town lean on Crab. In the other case, I dunno.

Melon please, you've had barely any contribution this day phase despite two megatons. Most of it is halfhearted prods at me and kyan, with some allusions to bronx.

Either you're a very bored town or just coasting scum.

I'm going to be annoyed town shortly.

I already said I was quite busy yesterday with work. I still made an effort to respond despite this. Whether you like the content of my posts, admittedly, is subjective but I have been active.

We are kind of in a holding pattern until we know how Time flips.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I shifted to L_P because pushing on Ouro was creating an Ouro-Crab Thunderdome, for reasons I'm not quite sure of yet. I'm not risking myself as a potential target of GAFIA D1 random last minute wagons, I'm not dumb. I'd pointed out before I suspected L_P; if I have a choice between me being lynched because I went after Ouro or L_P being lynched, then L_P is being lynched every time. Ideally, I'd still have gone Ouro. Incorrectly, as it turns out, but he himself admitted he wasn't playing well. I have no regrets.

More importantly, I'm not magic. I can be persuasive, sure, but I can't just make people follow me out of nothing. If my case was so weak, why did half the town suddenly follow me onto L_P? Why is everyone saying "hey switching to L_P was really scummy!". You can't consistently make both those arguments. Melon did, Kawl did, Czar did, Kyan did, and batsnacks tried to. Even worse, they did so after me, and let me take the flak. That's a great thing for scum to hide in. So why is it suddenly Crab, Crab, Crab? How do I pick up 5 votes today in less than a page? That's bullshit. There is a scum vote in there, and increasingly I think it's Haly.

Gorlak

Banned
I'm going to be annoyed town shortly.

Look at the timing, he reacted to you posting "mmmh" which standalone would've been very dissatisfactory.

Not to your actual answer. No reason to be annoyed.

Also aside from Kawl, maybe you can give more of a reason why squidyj and haly are scummy to you? (forgive me, if that is available already, maybe you have a link?)

squidyj

... Relatively the same as last I posted them.

I find CCS, you (Gorlak), and Tim to be likely town. I had Kyan as town and I have seen him as town throughout the game. I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the cop claim, but felt a little burned on the bait-and-switch with Haly for Time. Don't see a motive for Scum!Kyan to do such as thing as this time and do believe his explanation for such a gambit i.e. to see everyone's reaction--will need to see Time's flip. Obvs.

Feel scuminess around Squid the most intensely. But also Haly too. Which I know goes against the grain.

Karl is quite forgetful in this game and I'm not sure why that is.

I don't immediate find Crab as suspect as everyone else. Do think they are likely a PR.

wut.
You think crab is a town PR and you decide to tell everyone. ok.

What exactly do you mean? I think his view at the numbers was done the most thoroughly. But that's probably not what you are referring to.

No, I liked that post as well.

I didn't mean post counts or activity. Just personality wise. I felt him to be much louder on D1. He seems a little subdued, which I don't mean as a good or bad thing -- everytime I double check the active roster I am somewhat surprised to see Kawl.

I don't know if that explains it well, but that is the point I was trying to get across.

keep forgetting

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Timeaisis (9)
Kyanrute #783
Kawl_USC #795
CCS #827
squidyj #829
Gorlak #836
melonrabbit #840
CzarTim #842
Haly #860
Crab #868

Crab (1)
CzarTim #634 #842
Haly #638 #739
squidyj #651 #785
Timeaisis #675
CCS #676 #678
Haly #798 #860

Haly (0): Kyanrute #688 #777, melonrabbit #720 #816

Kyanrute (0): Haly #739 #798, squidyj #785 #829, Crab #788 #789, Crab #792 #801

Everyone voted!

Day 2 ends:
gra_1486850400.png

Automated vote tally here

Plurality Lynch Rule

Kyanrute

superb reads from potential future spoder food

ccs is scum i know i checked him last night got red mmhmm
crab is town lean if time flips scum otherwise i dunno really
tim feels towny because has done not very much suspicious things
gorlak super gut read town
haly reaction to gambit nice logical flowed well but the vote switch from crab to time looks baaaaaaad in comparison to that
kawl is like tim but more analytical and more anger could be the scum numberrunner i guess but don't see a mighty reason to go for kawl 1st over others
kyan is yummy no wrong no eat kyan bear ate kyan once said tasted bad for digestion
melon is bit hiding not very good vibes, joined haly train eagerly is very trusting of kyan in general wouldn't rule out her being a baddie
squid just feels all around bad
time is soon dead

Look at the timing, he reacted to you posting "mmmh" which standalone would've been very dissatisfactory.

Not to your actual answer. No reason to be annoyed.

Also aside from Kawl, maybe you can give more of a reason why squidyj and haly are scummy to you? (forgive me, if that is available already, maybe you have a link?)

Maybe.

But I am annoyed right now.

Squid has been oddly aloof from the game at large and pops in every now and then for a comment but disappearing. Take the prior day when everyone was arguing Ouro or LP (or Crab) and he jumps into to vote Kyan without any explanation. I feel that he tends to show up in the middle of conversations but never really starts one or engages in one directly.

Haly has been critical of me seen the word go and I’m not particular sure what I did – gifs maybe? --- but it has continued. It just seems like a very weak tunnel. Shade without filler. Personally, his reaction to Kyan didn’t ring true to me and seemed a little over the top and rehearsed. If Time flips scum, I wouldn't automatically clear Haly.

wut.
You think crab is a town PR and you decide to tell everyone. ok.

yes. this is exactly what i did.

superb reads from potential future spoder food

ccs is scum i know i checked him last night got red mmhmm
crab is town lean if time flips scum otherwise i dunno really
tim feels towny because has done not very much suspicious things
gorlak super gut read town
haly reaction to gambit nice logical flowed well but the vote switch from crab to time looks baaaaaaad in comparison to that
kawl is like tim but more analytical and more anger could be the scum numberrunner i guess but don't see a mighty reason to go for kawl 1st over others
kyan is yummy no wrong no eat kyan bear ate kyan once said tasted bad for digestion
melon is bit hiding not very good vibes, joined haly train eagerly is very trusting of kyan in general wouldn't rule out her being a baddie
squid just feels all around bad
time is soon dead

Was on the Haly train D1.

Really can't post this evening, sorry. Will try and make up for it early tomorrow.

Well, the day ends in 21 minutes.

kyan must be blind because kyan not find anything to suggest this

can melon help blind kyan with quotes or something

Here:

Agreed something feels off about Squid. Also a little wary how Haly has disappeared after dropping so much shade. Felt Time was a little aimless but recently he has picked up the slack and has been more actively engaging people.

I'm leaning town on Kyan and Gorlak and obviously CCS. And maybe Bats.

Crab, I don't know how to interpret and so I'm blind there.

Not sure what is going on with Ouro. Maybe an off day?

Waiting forever on LP.

Kyanrute

Agreed something feels off about Squid. Also a little wary how Haly has disappeared after dropping so much shade. Felt Time was a little aimless but recently he has picked up the slack and has been more actively engaging people.

I'm leaning town on Kyan and Gorlak and obviously CCS. And maybe Bats.

Crab, I don't know how to interpret and so I'm blind there.

Not sure what is going on with Ouro. Maybe an off day?

Waiting forever on LP.

this is all kyan find about melon and haly. now this does not seem like much to kyan, certainly not enough to call it a train and kyan has driven a train so kyan knows what a train looks like.

and then melon posts the same thing hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gorlak

Banned
I don't think I like plurality over majority rule but whatever

thx melon for chiming in and responding
thx kyan for some much missed shitposts

Kyanrute

I had to get some sort of a shitpost at the end of the day.

Thought about unvoting and whatnot, but I get the feeling the audience is being a bit stiff today.

Top Bottom