• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
FUCKING LOL

Cf7RoCA.png

Velcro Fly

I will always love Montero for the things he did in the playoffs last year. Dude just needed to shut the fuck up and play this year. Being whiny the day of the parade rubbed me the wrong way but I overlooked it because he had a hit in game 7 to drive in a run and the Cubs won. But seriously blaming Arrieta is outrageous. You just don't do that.

BFIB

So the Cards option Diaz. Why not trade for Hechavarria since it was apparent Diaz was getting sent down? At least Hechavarria would improve a ton defensively.

Didn't they already go to the white house in January?

Yeah, since Obama wanted them badly being from Chicago and all (even if he's a Sox fan, Michelle & other staffers like the Cubs)

They're probably going again because of the Ricketts, though some players aren't going (understandably) this time

fuckin miguel montero. i'll always love that guy but he just couldn't keep his mouth shut over the last year. all he had to do was enjoy his twilight while being part of a cubs team that finally won it all.

from a cubs perspective, he made it a pretty easy decision for them. the only reason he wasn't dumped last year (when they carried 3 catchers most of the year) is because he had one year and 14 mil left on his deal. he's had a little resurgence at the plate so far this year, but his defense is just such a disaster that there's no reason to keep him around.

godspeed miggy. thanks for the legendary grand slam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom