• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans S2TEKKADAN is MURDERERS, HAIL GHALLARJORN

Jarmel

Banned
Episode 1- Review

Exactly more of the same. The dialogue is shitty in the same ways it was in S1, as not very well hidden exposition dumps. There's a four year gap after the end of S1 and while Tekkadan seems to be striving, the rest of the world has somewhat gone to shit. Something I found interesting is the notion that Tekkadan didn't make the world a better place. Gjallarhorn's influence has diminished due to the events at the end of S1 but that's led to more lawlessness. Orga has transitioned more into a desk job while Mika just seems to be bored.

It's a very slow episode and the climatic moment in the episode feels somewhat underwhelming compared to the closer in S1's premiere. It is super cool conceptually, one of my favorite things in scifi, but the animation and direction aren't high enough for me to jizz myself. The episode has a lot of dialogue and a good number of scenes are mostly just introducing the new cast. The Seven Star dynamics look interesting but there's not a lot of it.

There's no big increase in directorial or animation quality. For a premiere episode, it didn't blow me back on the visual side as the mech fights are just sort of there and there's not any sort of tension to them. The new OP is really meh visually but the song by SpyAir is awesome.

Luigi87

Holy crap, I didn't realize this was starting this weekend.
I am so hyped!

Went into IBO season 1 when it premiered extremely pessimistic, and that quickly turned around with it being the best mainline Gundam series in years.

... So hoping Sunrise actually gets a season 2 right this time...

Wuiji

I am ready for Charcolate Man to absolutely wreck even more fools.

sB1fOqI.gif

Just finished binge watching Season 1. I thought it was pretty good. Interesting characters throughout.

Poor Biscuit, Ein, Gaelio. :(

Shun

2 minutes until episode. Few hours till I see all the users here post about how children terrorism is a good thing and that Mika is a hero.

CtvZlzWUsAAsXdv.jpg

yami4ct

Shun comes in and sweeps the OP from out from underneath me. That's what I get for not paying very close attention to start dates. Thought we were another week or two out. Hahaha.

I'm very excited for Season 2. I really enjoyed Season 1 and it left things in a place where it could really take off and double down on what made S1 great. I'm certainly hedging my bets given Gundam history, but here's hoping Sunrise has realized what parts of S1 worked.

manfestival

I liked the first season but I wasnt that crazy about it. I certainly would have preferred something different but I will take it!

Shun

Wow. Pacing was okay.

TELL ME IS THIS THE FACE OF SOMEONE WHO IS GOOD AND TRUSTWORTHY?
Ctv8r5ZUMAEtJcq.jpg

Lupus and Mika and Tekkadan still pretending to be heroes. Damn terrorists.

Also McGillis fetishes is still disgusting as ever.

Best part,

Gaelio is going to be the masked man of the season. Mark my words!

Also, Mika will cap more fools.

Excellent OP.

The more off the rails a Gundam gets, the better.

I want Gaelio back so bad...
(he got done dirty.)
I can't wait for this space soap opera to start back up.

There is no way the new masked dude is anyone other than Gaelio. Not possible at all, he was the one honourable dude and is due a return for some Metal Gear Kimaris: Revengence.

duckroll

Wow, that was a really strong start. Straight momentum from the last season. Tekkadan is going from strength to strength, everyone is moving up in the world, new alliances are being forged, new rivalries are being made. Great stuff.

Barbartos Lupus looks HOT!

stryke

How the world changed after season 1 was interesting but the immediate plot was almost a carbon copy :/

Luigi87

Really good first episode to the season.

Looking forward to Mika wrecking faces. Now he has a real grasp of Barbatos, its functions, and weapons, as opposed to last season where he was basically figuring it out as he went.

Menthuss

A decent start of season 2. Really hope Mikazuki starts becoming more independent at some point in S2 though.
They can't have him continue being just a yes-man to Orga.

Also Barbatos Lupus is looking mighty fine indeed.

Rymuth

Barely noticed time flying by, hallmark of a good episode for sure. McG is going to eat those people alive--although I wish for creepy geezer to turn out to be a worthy match for him, at least.

Parshias7

Really like the new Tekkadan guys. But since this is the second season and not just the first half you know they're gonna get chewed through by the end. I hope pompadour bro makes it through alive.

RangerBAD

I love how Tekkadan made child soldiers even more popular. Because you know they must love being referred to as garbage. I mean I loved the episode, but that's kind of interesting.

I guess Gaelio is the masked man.

Let's hope season 2 doesn't shit the bed like several other Sunrise shows did in the 2nd season. I'll watch the first episode later today.

Luigi87

Let's hope season 2 doesn't shit the bed like several other Sunrise shows did in the 2nd season. I'll watch the first episode later today.

This is my fear, lol

I went into season 1 constantly worrying it would become bad, and it was awesome.

Now I go into season 2 worrying about the same thing, but for different reasons.

Voror

If Gaelio is masked man, does that make him our new Char or will McG still probably fill that role? I guess I'm not sure of he's still doing the mask and wig routine.

Looks like he's still with Gjallarhorn if it is him going by the uniform. I do hope he has a better time this season, but I'd imagine his experiences would have changed him quite a bit. It'd be a bit of a shame since he was generally one of the more well-meaning characters especially on Gjallarhorn's side.

when you click on that youtube link you are bombarded with so many videos in different languages it is overwhelming
If Gaelio is masked man, does that make him our new Char or will McG still probably fill that role? I guess I'm not sure of he's still doing the mask and wig routine.

Looks like he's still with Gjallarhorn if it is him going by the uniform. I do hope he has a better time this season, but I'd imagine his experiences would have changed him quite a bit. It'd be a bit of a shame since he was generally one of the more well-meaning characters especially on Gjallarhorn's side.

I doubt he is even going to talk

or if he does he says a few words and is remote (with his voice kind of muffled by the mask)

they might do that in order to keep his identity mysterious for the viewers

Voror

or if he does he says a few words and is remote (with his voice kind of muffled by the mask)

Ah, that's certainly a good possibility for how they'll approach it. Curious what they'll do with him in any case.

Not a bad start and hopefully the rest of the season is alright, though Sunrise has often had problems with Season Twos. I'm actually trying to think of the last really good one they had, though the season model is somewhat newer I guess for Gundam.

RangerBAD

McG.

duckroll

This is the same show which had a "masked guy" be so bad at it that the main character called him out on it the first time they met. I don't really think it cares about masked mysteries...

This is the same show which had a "masked guy" be so bad at it that the main character called him out on it the first time they met. I don't really think it cares about masked mysteries...

so now he the masked man has a full face covering and doesn't even talk

when he kills McGills and people will ask who he is, he won't even say a word

mute Protag

I also do believe that Mikai won't even remember or care for Gaelio, let alone think he is the masked man

Top Bottom