• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans S2TEKKADAN is MURDERERS, HAIL GHALLARJORN

Shouta

Not sure how I feel about Hush. It could turn out OK or it could out straight up awful. I'n hoping he ends up being a friendly rival that helps drive Mika's character development a little bit but that's probably not going to happen and he'll probably just get merc'd

Shun

I am 99.99999% sure Gaelio is masked men, he is the only one who understands ChocoChar and his mobile suit kinda looks like Ein with a different head and purple. Good episode so far, Hush is interesting I guess. I can't stand Atra's longer hair, she looks like a rabbit now, the whole bit about staying together forever was the lame anime trope that I hate the most, hope it is actually a death flag for Atra.

I been saying since season one and my OT lay out all that already about Gaelio.

We know that.

The symbolism I say in the season one with all the animal motifs to go with the demon motif for all the Gundam Frames.

That mobile suit that is behind Robo-Gali is his Gundam Frame.
CtCw_lcUIAUXGF4.jpg
CtCw_leUkAAUGPU.jpg

CtCw_ldVYAAFNor.jpg
CtCw_ljUsAEQYej.jpg

Gundam Vidar. It is a unique Gundam Frame because it has a different naming scheme than the other Gundam frames, being named after the son Odin, the Norse God that represents vengeance and is best known for killing the Norse wolf, Fenrir. Gundam Barbatos Lupus is a wolf motif. All other Gundam Frames have been named after demons of Goetia.

How do we know it is Gaelio? Other than the fact that Vidar has a lot of the boosters and frame gimmicks as Kimaris, it is because he pilot the Gundam Kimaris which had a Kentauros motif and in astrology is known most for sacrificing the wolf Lupus as an offering.
Lupusp.jpg

We have know that Gaelio is the main hero and that this is a story of his fall and rise.

TheFlow

Banned

We know that.

The symbolism I say in the season one with all the animal motifs to go with the demon motif for all the Gundam Frames.

Gundam Vidar. It is a unique Gundam Frame because it has a different naming scheme than the other Gundam frames, being named after the son Odin, the Norse God that represents vengeance and is best known for killing the Norse wolf, Fenrir. Gundam Barbatos Lupus is a wolf motif. All other Gundam Frames have been named after demons of Goetia.

How do we know it is Gaelio? Other than the fact that Vidar has a lot of the boosters and frame gimmicks as Kimaris, it is because he pilot the Gundam Kimaris which had a Kentauros motif and in astrology is known most for sacrificing the wolf Lupus as an offering.
Lupusp.jpg

We have know that Gaelio is the main hero and that this is a story of his fall and rise.

Shun never stop being awesome.

we about to go full on code geass up in this bitch.

Sandfox

I'm liking this season so far, but I want more Gundams.

I am 99.99999% sure Gaelio is masked men, he is the only one who understands ChocoChar and his mobile suit kinda looks like Ein with a different head and purple. Good episode so far, Hush is interesting I guess. I can't stand Atra's longer hair, she looks like a rabbit now, the whole bit about staying together forever was the lame anime trope that I hate the most, hope it is actually a death flag for Atra.

I'm waiting for the reveal that it's Carta

casiopao

Gaelio got some glowing eyes going on with that mask of his

Guess he is Godot now lol. He probably loses his left eye thanks to Choco guy and end up implanting mecha eyes as his new eye lol.

Or we will find that there are 2 Mcgillis and the masked one is the twin of the Choco Otoko who wanted to kill him after Choco guys steals his identity and killed his BFF Gaelio lol.^_^

Wuiji

Episode 27

Atra is just adorable.
Especially young Atra in the ED.

I always love Mika's psychotic level of protection when it comes to Atra, especially since he doesn't even realize just how intense he is.

And yeah, as if anyone couldn't already figure it out, masked guy is definitely Gaelio
I will Riot if it somehow ends up being Ein.

Hush does not impress thus far, and like duckroll mentioned, is comparable to Shinn atm...

I hope he is 100% Ein, just so he can continue his streak of getting a power up and still getting rekt in his first fight.

Godot is clearly the combined lovechild of Charcolate Man, 'Gali Gali' (If that's him in the mask) and Orga.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/aceattorney/images/3/38/Godot_Portrait.png

It has to be Gali Gali though, surely? Because out of the other people from Gjallahorn only Gali Gali knows Charcolate Man = McGillis.

We know that.

Lupusp.jpg

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

That is crazy! You telling me that Mika is just a pawn of Gaelio?!

RangerBAD

We know that.

Lupusp.jpg

At the end of the show we will discover that Gaelio's real name was Galileo Galilei...

Guess he is Godot now lol. He probably loses his left eye thanks to Choco guy and end up implanting mecha eyes as his new eye lol.

Or we will find that there are 2 Mcgillis and the masked one is the twin of the Choco Otoko who wanted to kill him after Choco guys steals his identity and killed his BFF Gaelio lol.^_^

I mean how the heck does he see through his mask if Light is emitting out of the potential eye sockets lol

Biggest twist would be them sticking Ein or even Biscuit in Gaelio's body

I still laugh at someone's post that Ein is Gaelio's gundam

Shun

I mean Gundam Kimaris had a weapon called Gugnir. The story of Ragnarok is known for Vidar getting revenge and killing Fenrir.

It is forewarn that Barbatos will die by the hands of Vidar.

But nah let's keep fronting like I am insane.

duckroll

Damn this episode was GOOD. I really like how the big battles in this show are done with a sense of actual organizational tact. While it's not particularly complex or deep, there is strategy, formations, and logistics in the process, not just hero mechs going at each other and beam spamming to victory. The resupply scenes were nice too, something you don't see very often in mech anime.

casiopao

Damn this episode was GOOD. I really like how the big battles in this show are done with a sense of actual organizational tact. While it's not particularly complex or deep, there is strategy, formations, and logistics in the process, not just hero mechs going at each other and beam spamming to victory. The resupply scenes were nice too, something you don't see very often in mech anime.

Yup. The fact that there is no beam actually makes the battle more brutal as it become some kind of war of attrition where they keep hitting each other till the other side falls.

One of other aspect i really liked is how the MS is not really the answer vs battleships lol. The battleships is made to take all kind of punishment which normal MS won't be able to deal unlike older Gundam where battleship is more or less made of paper vs MS lol.

And that Gali Gali VA.^_^

Julietta is also rising in her coolness lol. Her passive aggressiveness vs the Kuzan head family is soo funny.^^

anyone get Carta vibe from Kuzan? as in someone who's probably not too skilled a pilot and relying on higher spec mobile suit instead?

Julietta seems like she's the real ace pilot.

The re-supplying scenes take the big win in this episode, giving me MS 08th vibe. Not liking the mid-battle cliffhanger like that though.

casiopao

anyone get Carta vibe from Kuzan? as in someone who's probably not too skilled a pilot and relying on higher spec mobile suit instead?

Julietta seems like she's the real ace pilot.

Nah. The problem with Carta is that she don't even had any good spec suit and she sucks and piloting lol. This one at least look competent.^_^

Julietta in my first impression feels like gender bend Mikazuki where she is fiercely loyal to Arianhod fleet leader lol.^_^

The re-supplying scenes take the big win in this episode, giving me MS 08th vibe. Not liking the mid-battle cliffhanger like that though.

Isn't first season they also had this cliffhanger too? I am kinda getting a hanged on this lol.

Shouta

That was such a great episode.

As always, combat situations in IBO are treated with proper care. I guess that's to be expected considering they only show combat in story battles. There's never fighting just because but always for a reason.

casiopao

That was such a great episode.

As always, combat situations in IBO are treated with proper care. I guess that's to be expected considering they only show combat in story battles. There's never fighting just because but always for a reason.

It does indeed.^_^ I do see some of friend complained on episode where there are no battle though as they want every episode to be filled with battle lol.^_^

Luigi87

Great episode. Echoing the thoughts of others at how well the battle is handled, including things like resupplying.

Atra resupplying Mika with food was of course adorable.

The end though

"You're in my way."
Yesssssssssssssss!
[Credits]
Noooooooooooooooo!

Looking forward to next week!

RangerBAD

Great episode. Echoing the thoughts of others at how well the battle is handled, including things like resupplying.

Atra resupplying Mika with food was of course adorable.

The end though

"You're in my way."
Yesssssssssssssss!
[Credits]
Noooooooooooooooo!

Looking forward to next week!

Yup. lol

Shouta

Ok, I lost the plot this episode. What was up with Arianrhod arriving late?

They aren't part of the same side. That's why McGillis' guy was trying to hurry up and capture Sandoval, before the Arianrhod got there and capture the leader themselves.

duckroll

Ok, I lost the plot this episode. What was up with Arianrhod arriving late?

They didn't arrive late. AryanRod is the main GaryHorn fleet with actual jurisdiction in this part of space. The new bunch of jokers who are anti-McDonalds are in charge of the fleet. The other guys from GaryHorn who met with TekkenDan were sent directly by McDonalds Delivery to help.

Menthuss

Gali gali's alive, big surprise there. His VA got plenty of practice yelling like a madman as Jua-Mu in Moon Dwellers so I can't wait for him to hysterically start screaming "GUNDAMUUUUUUUUU" here.

That, or "MAKKUGIRISUUUUUUU" :p

Good fight. Resupplies are always a good thing to add to a battle to show off the scale, and Isurugi's Gjallahorn team backing up Tekkadan with absolutely no hint of animosity or betrayal was nice as well. Mika recognizing the Schwalbe Graze was a neat touch, I wonder how Gaelio will react when he sees it.

It's unfortunate how the pirates ended up being a bunch of jobbers exactly like the Brewers before them. I can appreciate that fights aren't as straightforward a victory as it would be if beam weapons were involved, but aside from Eugene's smoke trick, it is just as much of a stomp as most other fights. I do hope Julietta actually ends up a decent rival character in that regard, since she does seem to have the same kind of blind loyalty as Mika does and could set up for some good interactions. If she isn't another checkmark on the list of Mika kills.

Jesus Christ the battle was awesome, gave me some LOGH vibes with them tactics and resupply. Masked men talked and I lost it, I'm beyond hyped for the reveal and the rematch with Mika and McGillis. Bug eaten pilot is somewhat hype too I guess.

I'm just glad they let him speak. Having the voice confirm my boy Gaelio is back instead of trying to play it off his identity as a secret when the audience know who he is anyway.

Re-watched a few eps of the first season and still can't get over how dirty they did him. His last scene with McGillis is still so good — Can't wait to see him and his new Gundam out for revenge.

TheFlow

Banned
Damn is crunchy roll behind or something I only see episode 27 o_O

Edit: so weird that crunchy roll is behind an episode but Hulu has it up the next the day

Shun

GUSION REBAKE FULL CITY HORSE MODE TRANSFORMATION WE IN THIE BAYBEEEEEEEEE.

Looks like there will be some upgrades to the original Gusion Rebake horse mode in this new Full City version. With the new limbs maybe a Sleipnir mode????

Top Bottom