• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans S2TEKKADAN is MURDERERS, HAIL GHALLARJORN

First 2 eps have been great. Glad this show is back.

Just annoyed that the stupid credits in ep 1 ruined Mikazukis epic return. Nothing like giant text plastered all over the screen when Barbatos is fucking shit up. Couldnt see a thing.

CuI-Ha1VUAELFy8.jpg

Heat rods?

Shun

Gross more Mika murder power fantasy in this episode.

At least we get to see Gundam Flauros Frame in this episode and the teaser website is teasing at a fucking bird Metal Gear for later in the series.

Gross more McGillis dude is pretty ballsy, but someone at least is going to get betrayed and Tekkadan probably is going to get fucked over pretty hard. Also Hush is still pretty dumb.

stryke

The battle end felt bit anticlimactic. Didn't think the guy would just give up like that.

McGillis is totally going to screw over Tekkadan in the future.

Orga is pretty fucking stupid because you know he thinks he'll be able to handle McGillis but McGillis is smart as fuck and is going to fuck over Tekkedan SOOOOO fucking hard later.

Lol at Kudelia realizing she isn't really making anything fucking better.

casiopao

Mika killing people using Gun without remorse is soo hype yet disturbing lol. Incoming complain by parents in japan again lol.^_^

Orga is pretty fucking stupid because you know he thinks he'll be able to handle McGillis but McGillis is smart as fuck and is going to fuck over Tekkedan SOOOOO fucking hard later.

Lol at Kudelia realizing she isn't really making anything fucking better.

Lol, Kudelia actually makes it worst right now as more and more kids are forced into soldiers now.

Well, Orga wanted to make Tekkadan as fast as possible to become one of the strong power so, it is not shocking for him to accept the proportion here.^^ High Risk High Gain baby.^^

when Kudelia is talking with Atra, I thought the story direction would be about Kudelia not approving Tekkadan to kill Alium, thankfully she's more aware than that and not naive about Tekkadan killing the guy.

things have been doing to well for Tekkadan lately.

casiopao

when Kudelia is talking with Atra, I thought the story direction would be about Kudelia not approving Tekkadan to kill Alium, thankfully she's more aware than that and not naive about Tekkadan killing the guy.

things have been doing to well for Tekkadan lately.

soo...... incoming Gundam Tomino screw Tekkadan style?^_^

I had the inkling here that Teiwaz boss is going to get assassinated and end up Civil War in the group here.T_T

And also, that Shin wannabe is soo going to take over that new Gundam huh.T_T

jgminto

Orga has really grown into his role as a made man, he controlled that shakedown like a professional. I'm glad they're continuing to explore Tekkadan being a sub-family of Teiwaz, that was one of the most interesting aspects of the first season.

Shino better get the Gundam and not that newbie Hush. man I hope Hush doesn't turn out to be super pilot or something.

edit: is it just me, or it seems like there's a lot more subplot going on compared to 1st season? we have Gjallahorn McGillis subplot, than there seems tension within Teiwaz subplot too, now there's Hush subplot. I fear they can't tied them all neatly together and some of them will be underdeveloped or worse, if all of them suffer in one way or another.

Rymuth

"It worked!" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

"Fine, Tekkadan will become your ally." - Orga Itsuka

That's all I have to say about this episode.

duckroll

Lol, the thread title is pretty apt for this episode. I liked the episode, but this 4 episode prologue for the new season was super predictable. Everything just feels like warm up again, but at least shit got done. One thing I love about the show is how they keep having management subplots in the narrative which gives a good sense of Tekkadan being an organization with a real aim rather than just a bunch of dudes who are paid to kill people. As their operations expand and they get more business prospects that yield long term rewards, it makes the scope of their growth feel more realistic. The mine is a great step towards that too, just like how the scenes in the previous episodes showing the gap between the core members and the overseas managers.

I really hope that the "rivalry" between Mika and Shinn Mk2 is going to actually turn into one of mentorship and mutual respect rather than misdirected jealousy turning into hate.

Luigi87

I think Hush directly telling Mika that he wants to be stronger than him is a step in the right direction, as opposed to silent jealousy.

Also the other thing they dug up at the mine... Mobile Armor?

Shino better get the Gundam and not that newbie Hush. man I hope Hush doesn't turn out to be super pilot or something.

edit: is it just me, or it seems like there's a lot more subplot going on compared to 1st season? we have Gjallahorn McGillis subplot, than there seems tension within Teiwaz subplot too, now there's Hush subplot. I fear they can't tied them all neatly together and some of them will be underdeveloped or worse, if all of them suffer in one way or another.

It's going to be Hush, everyone should accept it now and it will make it less painful for y'all when it eventually happens.

I think Hush directly telling Mika that he wants to be stronger than him is a step in the right direction, as opposed to silent jealousy.

Also the other thing they dug up at the mine... Mobile Armor?

Edit: While McGillis' history makes him a likely candidate to betray Tekkadan, my money is on the jealous yellow fur coat Teiwaz guy betraying them first.

Taruranto

A lot of weird QUALITY faces this episode.

I'm not really feeling this season, Kudelia is boring, everything feels more of the same... I dunno, the series could shake the formula a little. Need some more conflict between the protagonists.

I'm not really feeling this season, Kudelia is boring, everything feels more of the same... I dunno, the series could shake the formula a little. Need some more conflict between the protagonists.

Preview for next ep looked like more QUALITY is inbound next week

Sou Da

They could do something interesting with Mika. ANYTHING

Mikagod.

That's all.

He's so dead this season, good guy with sad past that wants to pilot mobile suits will be the last one standing.

OP is Ghallarjorn propaganda

Biscuit was a weak traitor, Kudelia is Solidus Snake, Orga did nothing wrong, and Gaelio is a low energy loser who couldn't make Ghallarjorn great again.

Shun

Everything I did for Season 1 and now Season 2 has been completely accurate. Including the fact we're getting animal Metal Gears.

I don't give platform or condone a group of "people" who support and revel in terrorism, child labor and child warfare, as well as murder for their own selfish gains.

All that bullshit you see about planting and gardening is just a part of their money laundering and facade to keep face over the fact that they're just a bunch of disgusting gorillas who have no value for ethics or life.

We have so many people who sympathize with this group, just check the first season thread and you can find countless people fetishizing the violence and brutality, and then condemning the only voice of reason as weak and forced.

This is no Gjallarjorn propoganda, it is just facts of what happened. You glorify Carta's death, yet she didn't really do anything wrong. If being weak is wrong, then that's part of the problem and the kind of twisted shit that Tekkadan and other terrorist groups will continue to tell innocent children.

Bug girl was not hype, that sniper mecha tho. Mika and Orga straight up sicario now, lost some sympathy towards them, rooting for masked man now. Oh finding random game-changing Gundams on their newly owned mine was very convenient...

TheFlow

Banned
Everything I did for Season 1 and now Season 2 has been completely accurate. Including the fact we're getting animal Metal Gears.

I don't give platform or condone a group of "people" who support and revel in terrorism, child labor and child warfare, as well as murder for their own selfish gains.

All that bullshit you see about planting and gardening is just a part of their money laundering and facade to keep face over the fact that they're just a bunch of disgusting gorillas who have no value for ethics or life.

We have so many people who sympathize with this group, just check the first season thread and you can find countless people fetishizing the violence and brutality, and then condemning the only voice of reason as weak and forced.

This is no Gjallarjorn propoganda, it is just facts of what happened. You glorify Carta's death, yet she didn't really do anything wrong. If being weak is wrong, then that's part of the problem and the kind of twisted shit that Tekkadan and other terrorist groups will continue to tell innocent children.
Damnit I am glad someone like you is around. Giving us a different take. tekkadan and the people they work for are no saints. They are just cooler at doing it

casiopao

Lol. Carta died because she is an idiot. As simple as that. You don't sympathize to idiot who actually worked in military yet act like some Knight wannabe lol.

Tekkadan at least treat their child soldier better than other pirate group so there is that.^^

Also, screw those Gjallarhorn who sees the Martian as lower than human. There is a reason why Earthonoid deserved getting Colony drop lol.

I really hope that the "rivalry" between Mika and Shinn Mk2 is going to actually turn into one of mentorship and mutual respect rather than misdirected jealousy turning into hate.

Considering there is a new MA and MS here, i can see Shin MK2 stealing the MA and then joining Gjallarhorn here to become Ein MK2 lol.

duckroll

Considering there is a new MA and MS here, i can see Shin MK2 stealing the MA and then joining Gjallarhorn here to become Ein MK2 lol.

Nah the MA is the combiner backpack part for Lupus. Like Meteor and GN-Arms. The toy listings already spoiled it.

casiopao

Nah the MA is the combiner backpack part for Lupus. Like Meteor and GN-Arms. The toy listings already spoiled it.

Meh. What a boring thing to happen. I never really a fans of those fake MA/Mobile Fortress thingy too for all this time except for like Dendrobium and Neo Zeong.

They always seems to be too OP for its good.T_T

Well, guess that Shin MK2 is going to get the Gundam huh.T_T

I've had similar thoughts through the first season.

I don't believe that every set of Gundam protagonists need to be anti-war, but I do feel like they need some kind of objective / motivation that makes their actions supportable. Tekkadan want to build themselves up and that's great, but is that alone enough for "gundam"?

While it's unfair to hold too much against the Tekkadan kids due to them being kids, I feel like the only ones who have some kind of objective that makes it worth tuning in is McGillis. I feel like you get the best stories when you have an antagonist who wants something and a protagonist who wants something and the conflict that arises as the two collide.

(Right now the only pair who seem to be set up in that way are Gaelio & McGillis).

I don't want to say that Mika is empty because that isn't entirely true, but he's ultimately just an enactor for Orga, and for a protagonist, I don't know if that's really enough after 28(?) episodes.

Rymuth

Preach!

God, I hate combiners...

Top Bottom