• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Pepiope

I'd have to really think about my fandom if the Eagles draft Mixon
Idk. I would be willing to give em a 2nd chance. I'd have him constantly preaching about domestic violence for the next couple years though.

IMO, Cook is even worse than Mixon, but we have a video on Mixon.

Hindl

Idk. I would be willing to give em a 2nd chance. I'd have him constantly preaching about domestic violence for the next couple years though.

But between the video, the parking ticket attendant, and now the HS girl allegations, that's a pattern. The video was awful but if it was an isolated incident and he showed a lot of remorse it would be one thing. But he only showed remorse once he got an agent and there's a history of him acting violently. And Cook is also bad, the puppies being the worst thing. I wouldn't be happy with him either but at least there wasn't a trend

MechDX

What the hell is up with these weird opinions on murderers and women beaters today?

He punched a woman in the face......

Pepiope

But between the video, the parking ticket attendant, and now the HS girl allegations, that's a pattern. The video was awful but if it was an isolated incident and he showed a lot of remorse it would be one thing. But he only showed remorse once he got an agent and there's a history of him acting violently. And Cook is also bad, the puppies being the worst thing. I wouldn't be happy with him either but at least there wasn't a trend
It came out about a hour after it first broke that the hs allegation was false.

What the hell is up with these weird opinions on murderers and women beaters today?

He punched a woman in the face......
Well, it's one thing if he's abusive to women. Do we know that it's anything more than one incident on that one night? I don't think it's fair to write him off for one stupid mistake at 18.

I don't think he fits on the eagles, but worse people have been given opportunities to play in the nfl.

Well, it's one thing if he's abusive to women. Do we know that it's anything more than one incident on that one night? I don't think it's fair to write him off for one stupid mistake at 18.

I don't think he fits on the eagles, but worse people have been given opportunities to play in the nfl.
I don't get that argument at all. Basically you are saying other scumbags got 2nd chances, so why not this scumbag. Fuck that.

MechDX

I never punched a woman in my life. Ever.

Fuck him and any team that drafts him.

Pepiope

I don't get that argument at all. Basically you are saying other scumbags got 2nd chances, so why not this scumbag. Fuck that.
I mean, I'd get what you're saying if it wasn't the norm. Guys like Greg Hardy, Adam Jones, and Dez Bryant exist. The only difference is a video. Even worse is Adrian Peterson and the Vikings still brought him back.

Those players were all adults while Mixon was 18. I just don't think that one moment should define him quite yet.

I could be wrong, but had we known about the incident without the video then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I mean, I'd get what you're saying if it wasn't the norm. Guys like Greg Hardy, Adam Jones, and Dez Bryant exist. The only difference is a video. Even worse is Adrian Peterson and the Vikings still brought him back.

Those players were all adults while Mixon was 18. I just don't think that one moment should define him quite yet.

I could be wrong, but had we known about the incident without the video then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Lol as long as it's the norm eh? That's a good life philosophy

I'm all for 2nd chances but the thing I have a hard time reconciling is that it requires something deranged inside to just deck a woman the way he did in that video. That isn't a one off mistake. And I don't know how much meaningful, real rehabilitation he can have in living in the insulation of the sports world where he constantly has people making excuses for him because they see dollar signs in his future.

Pepiope

Lol as long as it's the norm eh? That's a good life philosophy
It's the reality of the NFL. There are criminals on every single team. Except the Raiders I guess. Only team without an arrest in the past 3 years.

Winston rapes a woman and gets drafted #1 overall. Big Ben is still a star. The list goes on and on and on.

I'm just asking what makes this dick different from all the other dicks you guys root for every Sunday?

Pepiope

I'm all for 2nd chances but the thing I have a hard time reconciling is that it requires something deranged inside to just deck a woman the way he did in that video. That isn't a one off mistake. And I don't know how much meaningful, real rehabilitation he can have in living in the insulation of the sports world where he constantly has people making excuses for him because they see dollar signs in his future.
This is everything right here. A video. He would be a 1st rounder If not the video, but you don't think Jameis behaved in a similar fashion when he raped a woman? Why was no one saying he's sick and we should hate whatever team picks him? The NFL is full of people who dont deserve to live in society let alone play in the league, but just don't jump on your high horse hating whoever picks him when there's most likely an equally piece of shit player on your team. There's just no video.

This is everything right here. A video. He would be a 1st rounder If not the video, but you don't think Jameis behaved in a similar fashion when he raped a woman? Why was no one saying he's sick and we should hate whatever team picks him? The NFL is full of people who dont deserve to live in society let alone play in the league, but just don't jump on your high horse hating whoever picks him when there's most likely an equally piece of shit player on your team. There's just no video.

For one, because it's not on video, and ultimately no charges were filed, there isn't as much certainty that he raped a woman.

Second, it could all just be adding up and people could just be getting fed up with it. It gets to a point where being an NFL fan just starts feeling slimy. Just because it didn't happen 5 or 10 or 15 years ago doesn't mean there can't be a tipping point.

cdyhybrid

It's the reality of the NFL. There are criminals on every single team. Except the Raiders I guess. Only team without an arrest in the past 3 years.

Winston rapes a woman and gets drafted #1 overall. Big Ben is still a star. The list goes on and on and on.

I'm just asking what makes this dick different from all the other dicks you guys root for every Sunday?

Bread told me the Pats have no dicks

Pepiope

For one, because it's not on video, and ultimately no charges were filed, there isn't as much certainty that he raped a woman.

Second, it could all just be adding up and people could just be getting fed up with it. It gets to a point where being an NFL fan just starts feeling slimy. Just because it didn't happen 5 or 10 or 15 years ago doesn't mean there can't be a tipping point.
Winston was just one of countless examples I could've used. I just think it's hypocritical to hate on one guy and not the others. There is no way a guy like Mixon should be getting more flack than a guy like Cook or a bunch of other NFL players. It's like people can't understand how heinous a crime is until they see video of it.

cdyhybrid

Trumpriots grasping at straws to make their boy not look like a total embarrassment

PUCrIGT.png

Winston was just one of countless examples I could've used. I just think it's hypocritical to hate on one guy and not the others. There is no way a guy like Mixon should be getting more flack than a guy like Cook or a bunch of other NFL players. It's like people can't understand how heinous a crime is until they see a video of it.

Again, it could just be that Mixon is the straw the broke the camel's back. Sucks for him that he's not being treated like other wife beaters, but sorry if I don't have much sympathy for him.

LIke I said, my issue is that to do what he did take some deep seeded shit, and I question how much the world he is in, where everyone just treats him like a commodity, really affords him the opportunity to address it. And that also goes for guys like Winston. From the rape thing to the crab legs, to the "Fuck her in the pussy", all he got were slaps on the wrist because of how well he played football, so really what does the guy know about consequences?

Again, it could just be that Mixon is the straw the broke the camel's back. Sucks for him that he's not being treated like other wife beaters, but sorry if I don't have much sympathy for him.

LIke I said, my issue is that to do what he did take some deep seeded shit, and I question how much the world he is in, where everyone just treats him like a commodity, really affords him the opportunity to address it. And that also goes for guys like Winston. From the rape thing to the crab legs, to the "Fuck her in the pussy", all he got were slaps on the wrist because of how well he played football, so really what does the guy know about consequences?
I get you man, and I sort of agree with you. But at the same time he was 18. I have worked with kids that age for almost a decade, and some have done some horrendous shit and have been able to completely turn their lives around. All I know is that being able to play football is a priveledge, do I won't shed any tears for him if teams aren't willing to fuck with him.

Pepiope

LIke I said, my issue is that to do what he did take some deep seeded shit, and I question how much the world he is in, where everyone just treats him like a commodity, really affords him the opportunity to address it.
And that also goes for guys like Winston. From the rape thing to the crab legs, to the "Fuck her in the pussy", all he got were slaps on the wrist because of how well he played football, so really what does the guy know about consequences?
You have that issue with a lot of NFL players.

Dez Bryant assaulted his own mother. How deranged was he, and how many people are saying fuck the cowboys because of it?

I have no sympathy for Mixon. Who cares about his draft stock. I just find it funny that everyone is saying they'll be upset at whoever drafts him. They need to take a look at their favorite team's roster.

You have that issue with a lot of NFL players.

Dez Bryant assaulted his own mother. How deranged was he, and how many people are saying fuck the cowboys because of it?

I have no sympathy for Mixon. Who cares about his draft stock. I just find it funny that everyone is saying they'll be upset at whoever drafts him. They need to take a look at their favorite team's roster.

I think you are looking at these things in a vaccum, which isn't realistic. The Dez issue and the Jameis issue and the Ray Rice issue and the "insert NFL player acting like a shitheel" issue have all led to where we are now. YOu can't separate each one individually. At some point people just get tired of having to root for scumbags and Mixon is getting the brunt of that backlash. Tough shit. These things evolve over time. 30-40 years ago a guy could have beat the shit out of his wife and played the very next Sunday and nobody would have cared. Hell, look at OJ. The media and the police covered for his ass.

MechDX

You dont bother to research at all do you?

http://nflarrest.com/

LvoWPfK.png

In the past 8 year the Texans had two arrests. One of those 2 Brandon Ivory never even made a practice with the team and was cut when he was charged with burgulary. Strong, who was busted being a fall guy for a Packers CB over some weed, has never actually been charged. SO yes I can safely say I support a team, with no pieces of shit like Mixon and wish nothing but bad shit on any team that drafts him

Giants-Racists Thanksgiving

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bionic77

Agreed.

NFL is garbage.

Join me in moving full time to the NBA. It's fantastic!

Pepiope

You dont bother to research at all do you?

http://nflarrest.com/

LvoWPfK.png

In the past 8 year the Texans had two arrests. One of those 2 Brandon Ivory never even made a practice with the team and was cut when he was charged with burgulary. Strong, who was busted being a fall guy for a Packers CB over some weed, has never actually been charged. SO yes I can safely say I support a team, with no pieces of shit like Mixon and wish nothing but bad shit on any team that drafts him
Point still stands. Are you wishing bad shit on every other team too? Vikings, Cowboys, Steelers, Bengals, etc?

Teams have even bigger pieces of shit already on their roster.

MechDX

Point still stands. Are you wishing bad shit on every other team too? Vikings, Cowboys, Steelers, Bengals, etc?

Yes, all teams
but my 7 favorite ones
can fuck right off. I just cant believe I am seeing someone double down on defending a piece of human excrement with a clear conscience

Hindl

Even if they do that doesn't mean we have to accept another one. The only way this attitude changes is if people eventually put their foot down and say enough is enough. You want to argue it's unfair that Mixon is the start of it? Fine, but I'd prefer that and have people be more conscious of shit like this in the future than continually turn a blind eye because there are already bad people in the league. There's no need to add more

MechDX

Even if they do that doesn't mean we have to accept another one. The only way this attitude changes is if people eventually put their foot down and say enough is enough. You want to argue it's unfair that Mixon is the start of it? Fine, but I'd prefer that and have people be more conscious of shit like this in the future than continually turn a blind eye because there are already bad people in the league. There's no need to add more

But but but it was only a little domestic violence and only happened once.

Fans are getting more involved now. There are now a handful of teams who had it leak that Mixon was on their board but the fan backlash was so great they admitted they removed him

Any team that drafts better be ready for the epic PR spin that will be required

Top Bottom