• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Guys a Dolphins cheerleader started following me...

excited5.gif

What do I do!? What do I say!??!

Mindlog

Here it comes. Goal off the faceoff.
This game is taking forever.

We need to grade previous NFL Draft Grades before making predictions.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What is the point of predicting a teams record this far out. QB could get injured tomorrow for heaven's sake.

Of course, it's still fun though. I don't really like predicting game to game on a schedule (like the Lions losing to the Vikingsnon the road) but 13-3, 12-4, 11-5 is the ballpark for the Lions. That's all predicated on Stafford staying healthy.

Lombardi says Reuben Foster is going to fall between 33-45.

Foster won't make it past the Lions if by some miracle he falls to #21

Browns will atleast double their wins. Pretty bold prediction. How many of you guys can say that about your teams? Yeah that's what I fucking thought. Browns gaf too real, we outchea.

Bread

Banned
Browns will atleast double their wins. Pretty bold prediction. How many of you guys can say that about your teams? Yeah that's what I fucking thought. Browns gaf too real, we outchea.
Wait , they're going to double 8-8??

Dear god

The browns are going 8-8-8-8

Sanjuro

Happy Saturday, jabronis.

🐻☘️🍕🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵

Jarnet87

Will be giving that call a listen later. NFL has an article on some quick hits from the call. Dalvin to the Bucs at 19, I wonder if the Bucs might be able to trade back and still land him given the recent slide he is getting from analysts.

Fournette and Cook got an 11 on the Wonderlic. Mcaffrey a 21, that boy too smart for his own good.

Mary Kay-leesi is doing it.

GYmhssr.png
Haha that's a real tweet. Honestly this new Browns regime hasn't yet anything leak, besides number 1 pretty hard to figure what they're doing. That being said I question all the Trubisky stuff with all the rumors popping up. Sure they like him, but not sure he's actually they're number 1 qb.

Our media tends too overstate things too much , make things bigger then they are. The Jimmy G thing was pretty much blown out of portion by Grossi, Mary k and others. Sure we had interest, but they made it seem like it was our number 1 goal and it was a obvious conclusion. ..... .... and if it's not obvious by now most these guys aren't clued in to what the Browns are doing at all.....but they pretend ....
Ryan McCrystal‏ @Ryan_McCrystal
We've had separate reports that Sashi Brown, Jackson and now Haslam are pushing for Trubisky. AND reports that Brown, Jackson want Garrett

Which makes this a great time for a reminder: no one has any sources in the Browns front office. These reports are 100% outside speculation.

Don't know if that's good or bad or completely meaningless. But it's true. There are zero leaks in that place. Taking the Belichick approach

Something to keep in mind with all these outside rumors projecting dysfunction in the Cleveland Browns front office:
C9-mDvfVwAEmSGW.jpg
Move yourself up in Browns Gaf rankings if you made it his far.

Malalaw

Just getting off of work and I have the reat of the weekend off. Gonna use this time to finish Persona 5 so I can clear my schedule for Mario Kart.

Duxxy3

Still no word on Gilleslee. I figured the decision would be quick, like Hogan was last year. It seems like there's a very good chance he returns to Buffalo.

edit: (she was on SNL)

giphy.gif

MechDX

Didnt realize the Texans play at home the entire month of October basically. Starting October 1st:

Tacks
Chiefs (SNF)
Browns
Bye week

Then go to Seattle Oct 29

MechDX

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...-pick-trade-and-draft-class-for-all-32-teams/

The Texans are left in quite the pickle at quarterback, and you'd figure that if they can't find a potential starter in the draft, they'll have to turn to free agency to try and make one fit. So when Mahomes makes it out of the top 13 – which may be unexpected with several teams in the top half scouting the top quarterbacks -- Houston gives up the Nos. 25, 57 and 243 picks along with a 2018 fourth to leap up nine spots for the Texas Tech prospect. Coach Bill O'Brien reportedly likes him, so it's time to put those QB whisperer credentials to the test and turn the high-ceiling Mahomes into the starter for a Super Bowl contender.

The big trade keeps the Texans off the clock until late on Day 2 when they add a versatile safety in Maye who could start at either spot in Houston. In an attempt to recoup one of their picks, the Texans swap their fourth-rounder for two fifths, then use the first of those to land Sheldon Richardson from the Jets. Houston has the cap space to fit Richardson for 2017, and he gives the defensive line a huge talent boost while providing as a star insurance policy for J.J. Watt.

Mock Draft v22.1

Jeez. The Raiders draft and trades are even more nuts!

OK, now the blockbuster. Former agent Joel Corry cited a potential Sherman-to-the-Raiders deal in a recent article on this site, and I'm on board with his line of reasoning, with a small twist: including Marshawn Lynch in the same deal to bump up the 2018 compensation. The deal now becomes Sherman and Lynch for the No. 56 pick, a conditional 2018 fourth-rounder and corner David Amerson. The Raiders trade Amerson for a star at corner after a down 2016 and bring in local legend Lynch to serve as the lead back. Not a bad use for a second-round pick

Jarnet87

Are the Bengals going to rid of Jeremy Hill? I don't see why they have been linked with Mixon or another high round RB if they plan on keeping Hill and Bernard.

Hindl

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...-pick-trade-and-draft-class-for-all-32-teams/

Mock Draft v22.1

Jeez. The Raiders draft and trades are even more nuts!

Awful Eagles draft. I like the players, but there's no need to trade. Eagles aren't trading away the 3rd round pick, and they certainly aren't going to trade up 3 spots for Conley. The Saints probably aren't going CB, and the Browns/Cardinals definitely aren't. They could just wait and have the same draft but have a 3rd and 4th. I just can't see that happening. If we did get Conley and Kamara I'd be pretty alright with that though. But no way with Howard, Foster, and David still on the board

Are the Bengals going to rid of Jeremy Hill? I don't see why they have been linked with Mixon or another high round RB if they plan on keeping Hill and Bernard.

Hill has been ok, Bernard had his worst season, and off-the-field concerns aside Mixon is probably the best RB in the draft not named Fournette. And the Bengals certainly don't care if their players are shitty people. It makes sense

Top Bottom