• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yeah. He told people he didn't want to be drafted if he didn't go early, but later admitted that he wouldn't have sat out had someone taken him with a late round pick.

His situation was odd. Step dad possibly sabotaging him plus an ex girlfriend getting killed right before the draft.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
giphy.gif

When you have the best franchise QB under 30 and you don't have to worry about drafting a QB except to groom him for future draft picks New England Patriots style

Jarnet87

Whether he turns out to be guilty or not I would still take a risk in drafting Conley in the 7th if no one else would, I wanted the Bucs to take Collins in the 7th.

Hindl

Kas can only use that line for one more year. Then it'll probably be "QBs are just entering their prime in their early 30s!"

Hindl

I mean, Wilson has gone to two SBs and won one. Stafford has yet to win a playoff game, and 0-16 season is so far in the rearview mirror that that isn't an excuse anymore

When Stafford's 40 and still losing the only playoff game a decade he still participates in, kas gonna be like "best Future SB winner, some people are just late bloomers"

Stafford, retired, 50 and bedridden

kas: "Olds can still go, come on up and at them. Win us that playoff game, then win us that ring. Please................"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I mean, Wilson has gone to two SBs and won one. Stafford has yet to win a playoff game, and 0-16 season is so far in the rearview mirror that that isn't an excuse anymore

Wilson is a stud and one of the best, but Stafford is the better QB in almost every category. Arm strength, accuracy, poise in the pocket etc. Wilson was blessed to be drafted on a stacked Pete Carrol team that has had one of the best defenses and running games in the NFL.

Matthew Stafford took over the worst team in NFL history, the 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions. It took years to rebuild the roster. I think we're finally reaching the point where we've finally put a roster around Stafford that can compete and beat any team in the NFL.

In his entire career Stafford has not had anything resembling a dominate running game. We had a dominate defense in 2014 but Joe Lombardi calling the plays. This is the year it all comes together.

where would stafford rank in a top quarterbacks list as of right now

Brady
Rodgers
Stafford
Ryan
Wilson

would probably be my list.

Stafford is more gifted in terms of arm strength than any QB in the league IMO. He can make any throw. Not saying those other guys can't just not with the velocity or zipbof a Stafford pass.

Hindl

Wilson is a stud and one of the best, but Stafford is the better QB in almost every category. Arm strength, accuracy, poise in the pocket etc. Wilson was blessed to be drafted on a stacked Pete Carrol team that has had one of the best defenses and running games in the NFL.

Matthew Stafford took over the worst team in NFL history, the 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions. It took years to rebuild the roster. I think we're finally reaching the point where we've finally put a roster around Stafford that can compete and beat any team in the NFL.

In his entire career Stafford has not had anything resembling a dominate running game. We had a dominate defense in 2014 but Joe Lombardi calling the plays. This is the year it all comes together.

Brady
Rodgers
Stafford
Ryan
Wilson

would probably be my list.

Stafford is more gifted in terms of arm strength than any QB in the league IMO. He can make any throw. Not saying those other guys can't just not with the velocity or zipbof a Stafford pass.

Arm strength means jack shit if he doesn't hit the target, and he isn't more accurate. In fact, over his career, Stafford has over 3% less completion rating than Wilson, and for over half of his career he completed under 60% in any given year. And Wilson never has a pocket to have poise in. Add in that Stafford throws more INTs than Wilson too, and he doesn't have Wilson's mobility. Stafford is a great QB. Top 10, being closer to 5. But he's not better than Wilson. And lmao at you leaving out Brees and Rivers in the Top 5

Jarnet87

Erin was just some cocky kid coming out of Cal and we had future Bucs legends Chris Sims on the roster, Cadillac was justified. So much so that we decided to take Gaines Adams over this guy named Adrian Peterson 2 years later.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Arm strength means jack shit if he doesn't hit the target, and he isn't more accurate. In fact, over his career, Stafford has over 3% less completion rating than Wilson, and for over half of his career he completed under 60% in any given year. And Wilson never has a pocket to have poise in. Add in that Stafford throws more INTs than Wilson too, and he doesn't have Wilson's mobility. Stafford is a great QB. Top 10, being closer to 5. But he's not better than Wilson. And lmao at you leaving out Brees and Rivers in the Top 5

Stafford can put the ball anywhere he wants and get to his receiver quicker than anyone.

Watch this game winning out route, on the road against a very good Vikings defense:

tate.0.gif

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=12G9ZJ5v2jE

The only way that works in double coverage is if Stafford places the ball exactly where it needs to be within seconds.

Also Stafford's completetion percentages can be attributed to a lot of things- dropped passes, shitty play calling, no offensive line protection etc. but it absolutely cannot be attributed to Stafford not having accuracy. He can put the ball where ever he wants on the field.

Also Brees and Rivers are two very good QBs but have fallen out of the Top 5 QB list. I'd take any of the 5 I listed if I'm building a team.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Stafford can put the ball anywhere he wants and get to his receiver quicker than anyone.

Watch this game winning out route, on the road against a very good Vikings defense:

tate.0.gif

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=12G9ZJ5v2jE

The only way that works in double coverage is if Stafford places the ball exactly where it needs to be within seconds.

Also Stafford's completetion percentages can be attributed to a lot of things- dropped passes, shitty play calling, no offensive line protection etc. but it absolutely cannot be attributed to Stafford not having accuracy. He can put the ball where ever he wants on the field.

Also Brees and Rivers are two very good QBs but have fallen out of the Top 5 QB list. I'd take any of the 5 I listed if I'm building a team.

He's such an amazing quarterback, this happened:

3dPAnrp.png

Two field goals! Wow!

Top Bottom