• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

MechDX

Skip Bayless ✔ @RealSkipBayless
Deshaun Watson can do for Houston what Dak did for Dallas. He's not quite as poised/consistent as Dak but he's clutch big-game performer.
8:36 PM - 27 Apr 2017

Texans are sooooo fucked

Hindl

This draft is incredible. I really like the Barnett pick. Probably would've liked Howard or Foster more, but Barnett is the best fit and he's a monster

MechDX

I look forward to Mech becoming the biggest Watson fan. Shit, I assume he'll start he season?

tumblr_ma9fm4G1BQ1rwu9euo1_500.gif

Gobias

Banned
I just got done working on a final group project for the past 10 hours. Has BG serviced the boys? Why did BG not reward Floy with Malik?

Vic Tafur‏Verified account @VicTafur 2m2 minutes ago

Conley said he is scheduled to meet with Cleveland Police on Monday and is "very confident it will get resolved." #Raiders

If this doesn't get resolved, this pick is a fireable offense in my eyes

MechDX

Im trying to fathom this trade for Watson and Im finding some key things that stand out:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/texans/story/1774333-texans-impressed-watson-start

Watson took a pre-draft visit to Houston, spent three hours at the facility, and made enough of a solid impression for the Texans to make this move.
“When he came here to meet with us here, he met with are whole offensive staff and it was impressive,” O’Brien said of Watson. “He was able to learn plays, teach the plays back to us. Talk about his own history, his own ability to overcome adversity. He is a very impressive guy. You know, we are excited to add him to the team.”
General Manager Rick Smith echoed that sentiment regarding Watson and his visit to Houston.
“When he came to our building and I watched him sit and talk 30 minutes with the different players,” Rick Smith explained of when Watson arrived to Houston for his visit. “Players would come up to the table and talk to him, he would engage. It seemed to me it was a really good fit; it really solidified on what I really felt about the young man.”

Texans had Watson and Mahomes in Sun-Tue last week and it was not a coincidence that was the same time when the first round of team OTA's started. They wanted to see how they meshed with the current players.
Chris Mortensen‏Verified account @mortreport 3h3 hours ago
More
DeShaun Watson's last visit w Texans. Looked Bill O'Brien in eye, said knows most important piece to championship team is HC-QB relationship

OB talks constantly about what he wants and expects from his QB. A gesture like this goes a long way.

Does this mean Im sold on Watson? lol no. I still think none of the QB's taken in the first round were worthy of picks 1-15. But you gotta do what you gotta do to get a QB. Also at the presser after the pick both OB and Smith were adamant in saying Savage is the starting QB. there will be no QB controversy during TC

Top Bottom