• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

For all the (justified) talk about the QB's going too early, I feel the same can be said of the wide receivers. I don't see the talent there for three of the top nine picks being receivers

Tall4Life

John Ross has potential, if he can just plain outrun everyone and streak down the field, with good hands, it'll be hard to stop him.

I see that Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey will be two of the four highest paid running backs in the league (in terms of guaranteed money), that's pretty crazy

I mean look what the boy fucking did!
C-eCYhaWAAA_PHq.jpg

That's gonna be my avatar.

Duxxy3

Something hit me last night.

This might be Tom's last year. Bill could have asked for a fortune for Jimmy and the Browns would have handed it over. Franchising Jimmy next year and having him sit again isn't an option.

I think Jimmy is the starting QB in 2018. Bill is giving Tom one more year with a loaded team. After that he has a big decision to make. And I think last night was the first step in that decision.

I understand that he values backup QB a lot, but never this much. He has never valued a backup QB this much.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
John Ross has potential, if he can just plain outrun everyone and streak down the field, with good hands, it'll be hard to stop him.

He did this a lot

Eh. Plenty of track speed guys bust out of the NFL.

As a UW season ticket holder, Ross is legit IMO. He's pretty comparable to Desean Jackson, except maybe a little more polished and faster at this point in his career. He destroyed Adoree Jackson in the USC game, for instance.

He did this a lot

As a UW season ticket holder, Ross is legit IMO. He's pretty comparable to Desean Jackson, except maybe a little more polished and faster at this point in his career. He destroyed Adoree Jackson in the USC game, for instance.
Several things
Why don't you like us anymore in Discord Cybit :(

Also I agree with you on Ross and see you in eight years to bitchslapped your Huskies biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

BECLEVE BOYS
Dutch pls

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA

hoooooooooooooo boy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Eleuin

Believing that we should respect and trust rape victims is not a hot take, it's common sense, something many who were arguing with me in that thread did not have ��

if you don't think there is anything wrong with what you posted then there is nothing more to say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Duxxy3

Bold prediction time...

Jabrill Peppers is going to rush for 1200 yards this year.

edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns took Nathan Peterman.

I'm a virulent racist and have serious qualms about the long-term viability of a
top 10
runningback in the league.

Nah, McCaffrey's fine. He gives Shula a lot of new options to scheme, not that I trust Mike Shula with offensive scheming.

This is why I don't trust Shula

Joe Person‏Verified account
@josephperson

Following
More
Among the spots Ron Rivera mentioned where McCaffrey could line up -- Wildcat.

Didn't Wildcat die like 5 years ago?

Bold prediction time...

Jabrill Peppers is going to rush for 1200 yards this year.

edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns took Nathan Peterman.
That would honestly make me hate the pick even more if he actually does that when we have Crow and Duke at RB.

Anyway Dutch, I hate the pick because I want a safety who can cover the middle like a champ and make teams think twice about throw deep hence why I wanted Malik (he fits that bill to a T). I do not like Peppers with the pick because while a solid athlete, he doesn't show the same traits compared to Hooker. (If it had been Adams, I also would have been fine.. little disappointed, but fine.. he's polished and can still roam the backfield)

So in the end, we take Peppers who has the same lack of polish as Malik and whose traits don't match up what I personally want. Whose best fit is as a Mark Barron Safety/LB step up and tackle hybrid and we still have issues in the secondary because they couldn't cover a Cold with pass coverage (this isn't solved with Peppers since he has a grand total of 1 pick in his entire collegiate career).

It was not a good pick when he could have possibly fallen to 33 or instead pick another Safety who can solve the problem (Budda Baker). We still have to find someone can work the backfield and help in pass coverage.

Should've traded for Jimmy G
No we shouldn't given you Garrett

I'm a virulent racist and have serious qualms about the long-term viability of a
top 10
runningback in the league.

Nah, McCaffrey's fine. He gives Shula a lot of new options to scheme, not that I trust Mike Shula with offensive scheming.
I see.

Duxxy3

That would honestly make me hate the pick even more if he actually does that when we have Crow and Duke at RB.

Anyway Dutch, I hate the pick because I want a safety who can cover the middle like a champ and make teams think twice about throw deep hence why I wanted Malik (he fits that bill to a T). I do not like Peppers with the pick because while a solid athlete, he doesn't show the same traits compared to Hooker. (If it had been Adams, I also would have been fine.. little disappointed, but fine.. he's polished and can still roam the backfield)

So in the end, we take Peppers who has the same lack of polish as Malik and whose traits don't match up what I personally want. Whose best fit is as a Mark Barron Safety/LB step up and tackle hybrid and we still have issues in the secondary because they couldn't cover a Cold with pass coverage (this isn't solved with Peppers since he has a grand total of 1 pick in his entire collegiate career).

It was not a good pick when he could have possibly fallen to 33 or instead pick another Safety who can solve the problem (Budda Baker). We still have to find someone can work the backfield and help in pass coverage.

No we shouldn't given you Garrett

I see.

The Peppers pick seems like something Belichick would have done. Find a great athlete now, find a fit for him later.

Top Bottom