• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

MechDX

Tom Penny

So at this point is Jerry Jones cock blocking Romo to Houston or is Houston cock blocking themselves thinking Nicholas Cage is going to win them things?

MechDX

Field Gulls‏ @FieldGulls 2m2 minutes ago
More
Seahawks backup QB Trevone Boykin arrested in Dallas on marijuana and public intoxication charges

Say it aint so CDY! Say it aint so....

So at this point is Jerry Jones cock blocking Romo to Houston or is Houston cock blocking themselves thinking Nicholas Cage is going to win them things?

Its Belichik. He is playing some 7 dimensional chess to keep Romo away from Houston

Duxxy3

C75qANVWkAAwGoC.jpg

bionic77

Yeah true. But it's to prepare you for the gauntlet that's coming when you go into the castle. Plus I think I helped myself by doing the Gerudo dungeon last, so I don't use that power very often.

I also think I'm gonna enter the castle head on. Want to explore everything in there and experience a "natural" progression through the castle. Later runs I can try all the other entrances
I am a few pieces away from getting some guardian armor. Then I just need to get some arrows and shields.

I figure with all of that it should not be too difficult to just mow those fuckers down one by one.

I said this in another thread but does Nintendo have the best artists in the game today? And does EA have the worst?

You get fucked up a lot in the beginning of the game.

You can't just go prancing around and taking out enemies one by one and you hide behind your shield waiting to figure out their weak point. The enemies in Zelda will fuck you up if you are not careful.

BigAT

I am a few pieces away from getting some guardian armor. Then I just need to get some arrows and shields.

I figure with all of that it should not be too difficult to just mow those fuckers down one by one.

I said this in another thread but does Nintendo have the best artists in the game today? And does EA have the worst?

Is Guardian Armor even good? I haven't purchased any pieces, but the defense seemed kind of low and I'm not sure what Guardian Resistance would do.

Hindl

Yeah the ancient armor is what I was going for. Finally got all the materials to upgrade the set enough to get the set bonus last night. Now I just want to get the ancient shield and then I'll probably tackle the castle.

I need to explore more after I beat it though, there's a bunch of minigames people have talked about that I haven't found

Is Guardian Armor even good? I haven't purchased any pieces, but the defense seemed kind of low and I'm not sure what Guardian Resistance would do.

Yeah, it really reduces the damage you take from the lasers, and if you upgrade the full set enough to get the bonus, you do bonus damage with ancient weapons. I think a guardian laser only does about 4 hearts of damage to me with the set on. Plus as you upgrade the armor more the defense on it skyrockets, even compared to other upgraded armors

bionic77

I assumed it would neutralize those laser blasts and allow you to just leisurely walk up and fuck their shit up.

My defense is not bad right now. My clothes are leveled up twice and I think a guardian blast takes about 5 hearts away from me. But if you have the master sword you can destroy a guardian pretty easily.

Edit: Might be wrong on the number of hearts damage I take.

Also all the specialized clothing has lower defense (i.e. fire, cold, etc), but when used for the purpose it was made it usually neutralizes the problem.

Good morning.. I feel like death warmed over and I'm pretty sure I'll miss work tomorrow because of it..

Fuck everything

#Doingit
#Serviced

I gave you good vibes to avoid Geert and you try and do BG and I like that?

Disrespectful

So....

Brock is gonna play behind a great Oline?

Kessler is gonna play behind a great Oline?

Kaep is gonna play behind a great Oline?

Manziel is gonna play behind a great Oline?

You get fucked up a lot in the beginning of the game.

You can't just go prancing around and taking out enemies one by one and you hide behind your shield waiting to figure out their weak point. The enemies in Zelda will fuck you up if you are not careful.

You are a crazy person if you think EA has the worst artists in the industry. ME:A looks incredible way better then the new Zelda game.

Edit: Boy EA sure has some terrible artists:

masseffect_andromeda_xyu24.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You are a crazy person if you think EA has the worst artists in the industry. ME:A looks incredible way better then the new Zelda game.

Edit: Boy EA sure has some terrible artists:

masseffect_andromeda_xyu24.png

You're arguing with someone that hasn't played a video game since Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS...that was like 5 years ago.

Panthers aren't for sale....

...yet.

Old Grumps is 80 with a heart transplant. I don't think the team is sold until after he dies but I do think its well within the realm of possibility that that comes sooner rather than later.

And if HB2 is still around, there's no guarantee that whatever new ownership comes in keeps the team here....

Basically I'm saying, Los Angeles (Black) Panthers coming in by 2026

Greg

I haven't followed them in forever, but Blizzard will forever have the greatest artists for what they did with old WoW

bionic77

zelda looks like a fuckin painting lmao ea has nothing on that
They don't understand.

To be fair Zelda is on another level even for Nintendo. Even the fucking NPC and random environments are just so well done and put together.

Blizzard also has to be considered up there for best artist in the game.

Trying to think of who else goes there? I guess Naughty Dog (Uncharted bores me but they know how to make beautiful games)? Who else?

Blizzard has the best artists in the industry? Wtf is going on. I like overwatch but no one has ever used that game as an example of the best artists in all of videogames before.

They don't understand.

To be fair Zelda is on another level even for Nintendo. Even the fucking NPC and random environments are just so well done and put together.

Trying to think of who else goes there? I guess Naughty Dog (Uncharted bores me but they know how to make beautiful games)? Who else?

CD Projekt

They don't understand.

Guerilla can make some nice looking environments with Horizon and Shadow Fall.

bionic77

Guerilla can make some nice looking environments with Horizon and Shadow Fall.
Yeah I like to see someone do it for longer before considering them but Horizon is probably the best looking game I have ever seen.

Crazy to think they are doing that on a PS4. That is definitely the artists way more so than it is the tech.

Greg

Have you seen any of those games lately? I was being nice picking overwatch.
I think we're having different arguments if this is your response

I'm talking stylistically - they've always managed to make a lot out of a little (big spectrum of hardware)

MechDX

Sources: The Patriots have entered the Romo sweepstakes for a back up to Brady to free up a trade for Garrapollo.

Via Twitter

Overwatch is gorgeous on PC
I have not seen it on PC but it looks terrible on Xbox/PS4. Plus if we are talking about the quality of the art it is super cartoonish. It isn't trying to be realistic at all. To say that mass effect has bad art and then hold up blizzard as an example of great art seems crazy to me.

Wait, are we really going back to the old "cartoony = bad, realistic = good" argument?

This whole insane argument started with bionic saying that EA has terrible artists in relation to the new mass effect game. So I think it is relevant that realistic environments are more difficult for videogames to portray.

I would say that something like this:

Mass-Effect-Andromeda-2.jpg

is more impressive artistically then something like this:

zelda-breath-of-the-wild.png

Top Bottom