• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

Friday Night Tykes just came on USA. Kids are tougher than Dick Sherman.

ibnXCWE0VGJyt9.gif

I just wanted to post the gif!! :)

that avatar is amazing

image.php

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
"There's one proposal in particular that I've heard about," Goodell went on. "It's automatic that you get seven points when you score a touchdown, but you could potentially go for an eighth point, either by running or passing the ball, so if you fail, you go back to six."

"There's one proposal in particular that I've heard about," Goodell went on. "It's automatic that you get seven points when you score a touchdown, but you could potentially go for an eighth point, either by running or passing the ball, so if you fail, you go back to six."

Wha tha fuh?

Greg

I just stop talking when the Packers lose

I don't think I've ever been that worked up over anything except for maybe laser tag when I was 7

JABEE

Was that how you acted when the Eagles lost the Super Bowl?

No. I just got really sad and sat silently wondering how they blew the game. I didn't know how the Eagles could be so slow moving the ball at the end of the game.

I also wondered how the Patriots could just turn on a dime at halftime and win that game. It was almost as if they were a different team after halftime. Deion Branch knew where to be on every play like he knew where the coverage was going to be.

Hunter S.

The Broncos have played low-scoring games in recent weeks, especially by this season's standards. I don't know if the slower, more deliberate, careful drives they've had lately are the best formula against the Seahawks, but the 24 or 26 points they've put up the last 2 games aren't at all out of reach of the Seahawks offense.

I feel pretty good about the Broncos chances. I think in a "routine" game, they should win by a fair margin. But I worry about surprises, particularly fumbles or missed catches becoming interceptions. The Broncos were fumbling way too much this year. They've got a clamp on it lately, but no doubt Seattle's game plan in that cold will include a heavy emphasis on trying to strip the ball.

This is one place though where you have to give other teams credit for having good red zone defense. Both the Chargers and Patriots had great red zone defense that kept both playoff games from being total blowouts. One more touchdown and one less field goal equals a blowout in both cases.

I do agree though that the Broncos certainly have focused more on ball control in the playoffs which is probably due to the Chargers loss. When the Chargers used ball control to win against. us. Ball control to win is actually not new to the Broncos it is what Fox did more last year. He took less offensive risks and often punted away to keep winning the starting field position battle. My main point is, the Broncos were only a few steps away from their normal blowout, but I think the key difference in score is facing more talented opponents than the regular season. Harder competition has lead to more field goals.

KC won almost all year on forced field goals, but in the end it is not a sure fire bet to win against elite teams like the Broncos. The Broncos have often won giving up more turnovers than receiving them. Basically, I am not convinced turnovers will decide this game.

JABEE

I just stop talking when the Packers lose

I don't think I've ever been that worked up over anything except for maybe laser tag when I was 7

I never get angry like that. I just usually burn on the inside. Michael Leighton letting in that goal in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final in OT. That was the Flyers year to win it all. They just didn't have a goaltender that could get it done. :( Chris Pronger was still healthy and an exceptionally productive player. The Flyers had Richards, Carter, Briere, Giroux, Gagne, Briere, Hartnell, Leino, and JVR playing great. Not to mention they had a Kimmo Timonen that still was a force. They were only missing defensive depth and a non-injured competent goaltender.

Nameless

Leave Leyore alone guys. By the looks of him he didn't even get to to suckle at the championship teet as a lad like a lot of us. His first QB was probably Jgar. The past 3 seasons are the only Niner success he's ever known and they've all ended in carnage & brutality. Hopefully this vid gets to Alison Brie and she makes him feel better.

No. I just got really sad and sat silently wondering how they blew the game. I didn't know how the Eagles could be so slow moving the ball at the end of the game.

I also wondered how the Patriots could just turn on a dime at halftime and win that game. It was almost as if they were a different team after halftime. Deion Branch knew where to be on every play like he knew where the coverage was going to be.

You probably cried and ran off in your Eagle pajamas with feet.

squicken

David Fales has a noodle

I’ve talked about the lack of arm strength from quarterback David Fales and how it will hold him back. Yesterday I spoke with sources from the San Jose State program who told me they were forced to take plays out of the Spartan playbook as Fales was unable to make the necessary throws.

For Mech

Finally, a number of quarterback coaches on hand who are employed by teams that do not need a signal caller say they have Blake Bortles of Central Florida rated as their top quarterback.

Narag

Nothing really. I dont really get mad when they lose.

What'd you do when the Colts lost?

Made a post about how the Saints earned, said Brees looked so humble afterwards, learned the error of my ways a few years later when Bountygate came out. Probably would have been worse if not for 2006.

I don't ask for much in life: 3 day work weeks, early 90s Madonna as my woman, and an unending supply of Appletinis.

Come on Universe. Get your shit together.

JABEE

You probably cried and ran off in your Eagle pajamas with feet.

No, Gata, but I care when the Eagles win or lose, I won't deny that. There is a connection I have with the teams in Philadelphia that I just grew up with and lived with. I was usually just watch the other team celebrate.

I knew the moment the Flyers lost to Chicago that the Flyers wouldn't be back for a long time, despite what the announcers say to console the losing team's fans.

I apologize if I care when the team I root for loses. I'm not ashamed of that, Gata.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I used to get a lot more worked up than I do now, but now I really just kind of feel a pit in my stomach, but I shake it off and try to let it go. I used to have to exercise or let off some steam.

No, Gata, but I care when the Eagles win or lose, I won't deny that. There is a connection I have with the teams in Philadelphia that I just grew up with and lived with. I was usually just watch the other team celebrate.

I knew the moment the Flyers lost to Chicago that the Flyers wouldn't be back for a long time, despite what the announcers say to console the losing team's fans.

I apologize if I care when the team I root for loses. I'm not ashamed of that, Gata.

Im glad you got to experience losing the Super Bowl to the Patriots. I hope you can experience that again soon.

:)

MechDX

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9271

For three weeks now I’ve reported several sources on the outside confiding to me that Blake Bortles is the perfect fit for the Houston Texans. I can now say coaches on the Houston staff have expressed how much the team is enamored with the Central Florida quarterback. During conversations at the player hotel they said the feeling around the organization is Bortles has the complete package and will only get better in time. Could it be a smoke screen?? Maybe- yet where there’s smoke there’s usually fire and there has been plenty of smoke around this coupling.

- For his part Bortles is on the West Coast training for the combine. I’m told he’s working daily on his mechanics under the tutelage of Jordan Palmer, the former UTEP signal caller and younger brother to Carson Palmer. Bortles has also been working and learning the white board under former NFL offensive coordinator Ted Tollner.

Um....what staff? Its BOB, a DL coach, a LB coach and a DC.

Godslay

Banned
I used to get a lot more worked up than I do now, but now I really just kind of feel a pit in my stomach, but I shake it off and try to let it go. I used to have to exercise or let off some steam.

It's all good brother. I used get worked up too, but it's just football at the end of the day no matter how much we love it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dude your an embarrassing poster. I'm fine with the lose but fans like you make me not want to post here anymore. You are an ass and have increasingly become one this year. There is trash talk and there is this. Your acting like a child.

Anyways GG to the Seahawks and I hope the SB is entertaining.
For the record, he hasn't said anything FMT hasn't already in the past!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom