• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could remember who tweeted this but there was an analyst after the game that said something to the effect of 'that's a lot of talk for a guy who had 2 tackles and one pass break up' regarding Richard Sherman's game. A shame for that kind of stupid commentary to come from someone who gets paid to do it.

That's actually hilarious.

Hatas gunna hate

I wish I could remember who tweeted this but there was an analyst after the game that said something to the effect of 'that's a lot of talk for a guy who had 2 tackles and one pass break up' regarding Richard Sherman's game. A shame for that kind of stupid commentary to come from someone who gets paid to do it.

Gotta give credit where credit is due, Sherman also had a PI/Holding call besides the 2 tackles and pass break up.

ShaneB

1386995282686.gif

Wonderful!

i wish we had someone like dick sherman

rodney harisson used to say how they wanted to be hated. we want the country to hate the patriots, they hate us because we put fear in their hearts after running up the score on their sorry ass teams. and they sit there and stew in their bitterness after our wins

the only players we have left from that era is brady and wilfork. and neither is menacing enough :(

It's been ten years. Surely the Patriots would have drafted someone to repla...

hm..

eznark

Banned

Um, that actually sounds like exactly what Crabtree said. That's worse to me. Guy gets paid to play football and lacks any understanding of what makes a good football player.

Nameless

Yeah, Champ Bailey had what, 2 ints his best season?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions hired the Saints QB coach Joe Lombardi as offensive coordinator.

Head coach who worked with Peyton Manning.
OC who worked with Drew Brees.

I think it's safe to say they realize that if Stafford isn't fixed, a disaster is forthcoming.

I think it's safe to say they realize that if Stafford isn't fixed, a disaster is forthcoming.

That seems like a good staff to help him, only question is does he think he really doesnt need to fix anything. If he really is open to improving and fixing then working with guys who have worked with Brees and Manning seems like the way to go.

eznark

Banned
I think the Lombardi hire should be fantastic. On paper it's perfect. PRoblem is Stafford believes the Kas hype and is 100% uncoachable.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That seems like a good staff to help him, only question is does he think he really doesnt need to fix anything. If he really is open to improving and fixing then working with guys who have worked with Brees and Manning seems like the way to go.

I think the Lombardi hire should be fantastic. On paper it's perfect. PRoblem is Stafford believes the Kas hype and is 100% uncoachable.

It's going to be interesting to say the least. Caldwell has already publicly stated Stafford needs to fix his footwork and that he'll be giving him drills that "he'll do perfectly."

I like the hire. With all the fuss that comes from the media/team about how dedicated Stafford is in the offseason, we'll see if his ego gets in the way.

Due to a communication breakdown, I'm awake when I don't need to be. Called work to see if I was still needed to cover someone's shift, was told yes by a supervisor, showered and shaved, checked my phone and see a text from my manager saying I can stay home. Happy that I don't have to work my off day, but man I was sleeping nice. Can't wait to transfer once I move.

Think I'm going with Denver on this one. Manning needs one more ring before his neck implodes. Seattle is youngry enough, they'll get there again soon if Wilson doesn't sign a crippling contract as is the norm for fraud QBs like Rodgers and Flacco.

bionic77

Do you really think Stafford thinks like KAS and thinks that he doesn't need to get better?

Every athlete worth a damn is always trying to get better. How could anyone resist that?

eznark

Banned
bionic said:
Do you really think Stafford thinks like KAS and thinks that he doesn't need to get better?

Every athlete worth a damn is always trying to get better. How could anyone resist that?

Well, he did say that he is unwilling to work with a QB coach and that there isn't a QB guru who would be able to offer him anything so...yes?

Namdi had some crazy year where he was only thrown at 28 times or some such too. So much more to that position than just INTs I guess.

It's one of the things that makes Kaepernick's huddle decision so weird. "I haven't thrown at him all game but if he is man up on Crab I'll totally force it here when I don't have to! immaman immaman immama"

Idiotic.

bionic77

Well, he did say that he is unwilling to work with a QB coach and that there isn't a QB guru who would be able to offer him anything so...yes?

Idiotic.
Wow. I would bench that fat fuck if he was not onboard and fuck the consequences.

Peyton Manning has has 4 neck surgeries, has a ton of records, success and game and he still tries to get better every year.

Sorry Lions fans. :(

Tom Penny

I don't see how this hire is beneficial to Stafford. Really isn't his thing.

Um, that actually sounds like exactly what Crabtree said. That's worse to me. Guy gets paid to play football and lacks any understanding of what makes a good football player.

Had a great day in coverage minus the needless defensive holding but got bodied up plenty on kap runs and took some bad angles. I guess if the worst thing you can say about a cb is that he played poorly against a scrambling qb you'll take that

Striker

"There's one proposal in particular that I've heard about," Goodell went on. "It's automatic that you get seven points when you score a touchdown, but you could potentially go for an eighth point, either by running or passing the ball, so if you fail, you go back to six."
Fuck off, Goodell.

eznark

Banned
Had a great day in coverage minus the needless defensive holding but got bodied up plenty on kap runs and took some bad angles. I guess if the worst thing you can say about a cb is that he played poorly against a scrambling qb you'll take that

Yeah, you definitely aren't paying him for that. I can't say I've ever noticed him on any tackles, which is sort of weird considering how huge he is.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Think I'm going with Denver on this one. Manning needs one more ring before his neck implodes. Seattle is youngry enough, they'll get there again soon if Wilson doesn't sign a crippling contract as is the norm for fraud QBs like Rodgers and Flacco.
Denver and Peyton need "one more ring"?

Seattle will "get there again soon"?

Paches

Due to a communication breakdown, I'm awake when I don't need to be. Called work to see if I was still needed to cover someone's shift, was told yes by a supervisor, showered and shaved, checked my phone and see a text from my manager saying I can stay home. Happy that I don't have to work my off day, but man I was sleeping nice. Can't wait to transfer once I move.

I'm sure Marino said the same thing.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, I really don't see the problem here. Compared to the shit FMT(hell, most of NFL-GAF) says, your post just screams sore loser to me.

On a side note: Its so stupid to see the "be more professional card" thrown around when something isn't going the way you want it to. See: your post, michael crabtree, and everyone posting racist and "shouldn't have been so mean and angry and black" responses on the internet.

Anyways back to never posting and preparing myself for the upcoming Falcons age of darkness.
To be clear, it does get under your skin so I understand Duff's reaction, but come the fuck on, 49er fans can eat shit on occasion too. ;)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fools the Super Bowl isn't for 2 more weeks that thread isn't going up anytime soon.

Enjoy this until the official pro bowl thread of is anyone watching goes up.

MechDX

If there are still teams that like him as a tackle it won't do much to his draft stock.

Well yeah. I was alluding to him being considered for other o line spots and his dad made the Pro Bowl at all 3 line positions and All Pro at two of them. Versatile.

eznark

Banned
Well yeah. I was alluding to him being considered for other o line spots and his dad made the Pro Bowl at all 3 line positions and All Pro at two of them. Versatile.

That kind of only matters for guys who aren't potential studs at one position though, doesn't it? Jack of all master of none, etc. If he can stick at tackle he'll play tackle.

I'm going to go to twitter and fight lance again.

eznark

Banned
I'd be really interested to know which offenses like him as a center. It's one thing if San Diego likes him, they do nothing with their center. It's quite another if San Francisco likes him, their center role is very active.

MechDX

That kind of only matters for guys who aren't potential studs at one position though, doesn't it? Jack of all master of none, etc. If he can stick at tackle he'll play tackle.

I'm going to go to twitter and fight lance again.

Could be Jags laying smoke out there, since they need a center with Meester finally retiring.

EZ, bring up Manziel. Lance LOVES when you bring up JFF!

Tamanon, Lance considers him the safest overall pick in the draft. I always considered his dad Bruce the best offensive lineman ever in the league. A little biased but it can be argued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom