• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LA with 0 shots after 10mins. good, good, if they don't shoot they can't score, right? RIGHT?

Socreges

Banned
Nah not defensive. Just amazed at how easily a whole era of hockey gets dismissed around here so regularly. Especially when my team pretty much took the biggest loss to those ideas in that era (Lindros) and just dealt with while other fanbases bitch about every scratch their players take.
No idea what this era/90s/00s stuff has to do with my post.

Smiley90

Aaaand first penalty kill. Queens are bound to get their first shot on net now, let's see what happens, the next test.

Canucks look about 20X better than last game.

Aside from that penalty by Lapierre.

Definitely, they look way more responsible defensively.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
With each ruling the NHL makes I just am more and more flabbergasted.

There is no rhyme or reason to anything they're doing. It's like they're just drawing the guy's name out of a hat and then spinning a wheel-of-fortune like wheel with random fines and games on it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95TB1rylkRs

I don't know why, but I find his presence there pretty funny. Reminds me of when Cabbie and Richards were at the Lakers game, and Cabbie keeps passing by Beckham. Guessing Richards hooked him up with tickets too, lol.
Subban was on Cabbies podcast and mentioned this, and told him he needs to bring him next time cause his two hero's are Kobe and Tiger lol. I wonder if Beckham even knows the rules of hockey.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Boyle can punch Karlsson in the fucking face multiple times in Game 1 and hes a fucking hero.

Carkner challenges him and turtles like a little bitch, moments later when a smaller guy like Neil challenges him, he accepts it and still gets beat like a little bitch he is.

Karlsson was engaged with him as a willing participant in a scrum, and Boyle's gloves didn't even come off in that exchange. He's not blameless by any means, but the orders of magnitude between what Boyle did to Karlsson and what Carkner did to Boyle are RIDICULOUS.

Yes. Agreed. But my comment was about 2009. I realize you like to bring the era stuff into any argument, but I don't understand its relevance here.

You said it was "common sense" he got the misconduct. That only makes sense if you accept the premise that one set of rules is absolutely preferable to the other.

Quick

Banned
So, if Schneider pulls it off and wins the series for the Canucks, what are the chances Luongo starts again in the playoffs?

So, if Schneider pulls it off and wins the series for the Canucks, what are the chances Luongo starts again in the playoffs?
If Schneider wins us the series, he'll be the starter until he shits the bed. No one in their right mind would bench a hot goaltender during the playoffs.

Pretty good. If the Kings get them on the ropes after that they'll flip again, and if they win 4 straight it just seems unlikely Lu doesn't get back in during a long run.

Smiley90

Pretty good. If the Kings get them on the ropes after that they'll flip again, and if they win 4 straight it just seems unlikely Lu doesn't get back in during a long run.

Yeah, we also don't know how good Schneider can handle long stretches of play. He cramped up last season against the Hawks too when he got the start.

EDIT: hjfhajkdshfjksh so close. Loved the play in the first period though, good stuff.

Top Bottom