• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Disappointing game last night for the Canucks, particularly because they generally played quite well but got stoned by Quick. I can't be too upset, they had a lot of good chances. Still disappointing.

They better not get swept, I want to see more nucks playoff hockey! *shakes fist*

At least I can find solace in the penguins getting beaten down by the flyers.

Cactus

Banned
Fuck. Sounds like Shaw will be suspended. If so, Shanahan is a joke. I really hope he resigns/get fired after this season.

It won't matter. The guy who decides the punishments for transgressing players will always be hated. Everybody wanted Campbell gone for a number of years, and we'll all want the next guy gone too.

Revenant

This has to be the best one yet.

scaled.php

Acid08

Banned
Huge game tonight for the Sharks. Home ice so we'll finally get some favorable matchups. Some things I hope happens tonight:

1. Hard but clean hits throughout the game. The Blues have an awful bottom 6 who's only job is to hit and be dirty, take advantage of this. Hit them back and get pucks behind them.

2. Don't play fair in front of the net. Hate to say it but this is going to be the type of series where you're probably gonna have to cheat a bit to win, the Blues entire game is built on this.

3. Dominic Moore shouldn't play. This is a horrible matchup for him, he's too small to be able to stand up to the goon squad. Put in Winchester, we need someone that will hit these fucks hard.

4. First line, get your shit together(besides Jumbo). Last game Jumbo was setting up Pavs and Marleau with beautiful passes but they either missed, shot it right into the goalie, or hit the post every single time. Need to finish, this isn't the time of year for "almost" goals. Lots of anger toward Marleau right now, he can't ghost for entire series like he has in the past. We need him 100% all the time because he can change games.

Go Sharks, give these assholes hell.

bardia

Daniel is on his way to LA...will practice with team tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about this, no point in rushing him back when you're down 3-0

Fixed1979

belvedere

Junior Butler
Huge game tonight for the Sharks. Home ice so we'll finally get some favorable matchups. Some things I hope happens tonight:

1. Hard but clean hits throughout the game. The Blues have an awful bottom 6 who's only job is to hit and be dirty, take advantage of this. Hit them back and get pucks behind them.

2. Don't play fair in front of the net. Hate to say it but this is going to be the type of series where you're probably gonna have to cheat a bit to win, the Blues entire game is built on this.

3. Dominic Moore shouldn't play. This is a horrible matchup for him, he's too small to be able to stand up to the goon squad. Put in Winchester, we need someone that will hit these fucks hard.

4. First line, get your shit together(besides Jumbo). Last game Jumbo was setting up Pavs and Marleau with beautiful passes but they either missed, shot it right into the goalie, or hit the post every single time. Need to finish, this isn't the time of year for "almost" goals. Lots of anger toward Marleau right now, he can't ghost for entire series like he has in the past. We need him 100% all the time because he can change games.

Go Sharks, give these assholes hell.

Creepy-soccer-fan.gif

Puddles

Banned
Where are all the Kings fans at? I know we have at least one here (Puddles) but it seems like there should be more.

I was at a music festival for the last four days. Sucks that I had to miss the best Kings hockey in two decades. Hopefully we can close out this series. Sucks about re-seeding though.

Igladius

Neo Member
I haven't been hearing from the Detroit fans as much as expected...

...may be because the Preds are up 2-1 in the series ;P

Being a huge fan of Nashville, its nice to see we may actually get past The Wings in the 'offs this season. *knock on wood*

I'm actually going to the game in Nashville. If the Preds win game 4, could be the series winner :)

Pekka Rinne FTW!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I haven't been hearing from the Detroit fans as much as expected...

...may be because the Preds are up 2-1 in the series ;P

Being a huge fan of Nashville, its nice to see we may actually get past The Wings in the 'offs this season. *knock on wood*

I'm actually going to the game in Nashville. If the Preds win game 4, could be the series winner :)

Pekka Rinne FTW!

We're here. The reasonable ones of us picked Nashville to win.

I hope the Wings win. I don't feel that they will (and, sadly, I think them getting ousted in the 1st round is the only way Holland will actually finally make some changes to this team) but it should be a good series.

Igladius

Neo Member
We're here. The reasonable ones of us picked Nashville to win.

I mean... not what I was expecting...

Is Alexander Radulov the reason? Or is Detroit weaker than usual?

Reason I'm saying this is bc Nashville has only won one playoff series um... ever. And its usually someone in our division that knocks us out (aka: Detroit, Chicago).

Not shit-talking at all, actually curious as to the reasoning.

Alucard

Banned
The day after.

I've calmed down.

While the Pens have seemingly come unraveled, a win on Wednesday would make things interesting. They haven't shown that they can play like they used to, but I'm hoping something happens over the next few days that wakes them up and forces them to lock shit down. And hey, Fleury could go schizo and play like goalie Jesus out of the blue. He's done it before.

:(

Fixed1979

I doubt he'd play in Game 4. If nothing else he could serve as a carrot for them to keep going.

Similar to the whole Horton/Raymond thing from last year? Not a bad idea though I'm surprised they would have him actually practice if there wasn't a decent chance.

Socreges

Banned
Just realized FortunateSon's been banned. Again. For basically the same thing. Now who will fight for the rights of white people in his absence? :(

pringles

I mean... not what I was expecting...

Is Alexander Radulov the reason? Or is Detroit weaker than usual?

Reason I'm saying this is bc Nashville has only won one playoff series um... ever. And its usually someone in our division that knocks us out (aka: Detroit, Chicago).

Not shit-talking at all, actually curious as to the reasoning.
Radulov? Lol. Barely noticed him this series.

43-22 the shots last game. 0.1 seconds away from being 2-2 instead of 1-3. And the 1st game Nashville only won because of two completely random goals. Nashville is lucky to be up 2-1 in the series for sure. Sure this is not the best Wings team (bottom 6 is hurting without Helm and Eaves) but they are still better than the Preds.

'Reasonable' Wings fans expected this to be a long series that could go either way. It's looking exactly like that. Game 4 is huge of course, but even if Preds take it I expect Detroit to atleast force a Game 6. Zetterberg and Datsyuk alone won't allow this team to go out without a fight. I'm thinking Wings in 7, simply because I think the better team deserves to win in the end.

Top Bottom