• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

I can't for the life of me want any success for the Coyotes.

I don't care if they are the underdog or the fact that they are a good team or the fact that they have likeable players / coaching staff.

It's the fact that they are owned by the fucking league which makes this a clear conflict of interest in seeing them succeed IN THE FUCKING YEAR THEY DO NOT HAVE A DEAL WITH THE CITY.

I don't buy this shit. Fuck that team and fuck the league if they continue to succeed.

/end rant

I don't care if they are the underdog or the fact that they are a good team or the fact that they have likeable players / coaching staff.

It's the fact that they are owned by the fucking league which makes this a clear conflict of interest in seeing them succeed IN THE FUCKING YEAR THEY DO NOT HAVE A DEAL WITH THE CITY.

I don't buy this shit. Fuck that team and fuck the league if they continue to succeed.

/end rant

Has nothing to do with the team beating Chicago.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got to see the game. Another game with fucking abysmal third period officiating (in both directions). Rangers lost the game in the first period, though. They came out looking lethargic and were completely dominated for most of the period and got themselves into a hole early. In such an even series you just can't have a period like that and expect to win. Good on the Caps to bounce back from that 3OT loss and take it to the Rangers right away.

Gotta take Game 5 at home.

Socreges

Banned
I laughed at this. I'm pulling for the Kings all the way through. I'm the only person on here that picked them to win it all, and it's looking pretty good right now!
Then you agreeing with Barrage didn't make any sense. That's all I was saying.

Missed the game today. Again. Caught glimpses of the series - wish I could have seen more since it seems like it's been pretty good.

Socreges

Banned
The length of time between posts in here is stunning. This thread going downhill faster than the Preds.
Normally slows down since there are half as many teams, but it's worse than normal since all the 'big communities' are out. I noticed we were at about 1000 posts per day during the first round. Way down from that now.

At least we've added a handful of posters that either didn't follow their team that closely before or were just too ashamed to pop in. It's like finding a tribe of Big Foots in one day.

Also there really isn't anything outside of the playoffs to talk about (as most people here don't really care about the teams that are left) besides the world tournament going on.

RC

Banned
I barely watched any hockey this week. Not having a Saturday night game doesn't help things either.

Also there really isn't anything outside of the playoffs to talk about (as most people here don't really care about the teams that are left) besides the world tournament going on.
Well there are the AHL 'yoffs too. Even though the Rampage lost I'm loving this Petrovic kid. 6'4 D-man with a sick snapshot and is surprisingly gritty. Fun watching the prospects.

snack

qZ1pK.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
Pretty sure Apple people don't know hockey

Then you agreeing with Barrage didn't make any sense. That's all I was saying.

Regardless, I'd still find it priceless if Phoenix has a cup while Vancouver did not.

/end rant

Listen, I know what you're sa.....

*Looks at avatar*

....you mad bro?

Seriously, you sound like a bitter fan. Even if there was an conspiracy with the NHL giving them some calls, at the end of the day the Coyotes have to score goals and stop goals and unless Bettman and his cronies created a super enhanced cyborg and named him Mike Smith, theres only so much they can do.

Mike Smith is a brick wall and if you've watched the Coyotes play this Post- Season and really the last 3 seasons(save for the first round last year ugh) they've played solid hockey with spurts of winning streaks, mainly propelled by awesome holy goalie-ness.

Now go back to watching your Stanley Cup Champions 2010: Chicago Blackhawks DVD and weep.

*Looks at avatar*

....you mad bro?

Seriously, you sound like a bitter fan. Even if there was an conspiracy with the NHL giving them some calls, at the end of the day the Coyotes have to score goals and stop goals and unless Bettman and his cronies created a super enhanced cyborg and named him Mike Smith, theres only so much they can do.

Mike Smith is a brick wall and if you've watched the Coyotes play this Post- Season and really the last 3 seasons(save for the first round last year ugh) they've played solid hockey with spurts of winning streaks, mainly propelled by awesome holy goalie-ness.

Now go back to watching your Stanley Cup Champions 2010: Chicago Blackhawks DVD and weep.

nordiques1.gif

gcubed

So I'm going up to Newark to hopefully see the flyers give some effort and tie the series. devils-gaf anything to do up there? Besides not get shot?

*Looks at avatar*

....you mad bro?

I actually have some respect for the Yotes in all this. If they would've just rolled over and said "fuck it" no one would blame the payers or the coaching. All would be like what happened with the Thrashers, forget it and move on. Somewhere these guys have found a reason to win for each other and battle for their victories. How demoralizing would it be to come in and play for a near empty arena that is your "home" and constantly be reminded of the team's impending move? This squad through has battled through it and still are doing so. That much has my respect.

Marvie_3

Banned
Has nothing to do with the team beating Chicago.

*Looks at avatar*

....you mad bro?

:lol

Cold-Steel is a Canucks fan.

Cagey

Banned
So I'm going up to Newark to hopefully see the flyers give some effort and tie the series. devils-gaf anything to do up there? Besides not get shot?

Portuguese food in the Ironbound. Go to a restaurant that offers rodizio and gorge on all-you-can-eat meats.

purg3

slept with Malkin
A Kings sweep would be nice, but I kind of want the Blues to win today just to prolong this series.

Top Bottom