• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Cake Boss

Banned
1773163_o.gif

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Bernier was racing to get a puck. If he makes the slightest effort to play the puck, it is a not a major. What a fucking awful way to begin this game. So pissed right now.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Haha, wow. Turning off the TV now, might as well cut down on electricity!

Puddles

Banned
300% PP!

Honestly, I'd support a rule change where 5 minute power plays end after two goals. It's just ridiculous that it can keep going and going like that, even though it worked to my team's massive benefit tonight.

Socreges

Banned
Kinda feel bad for Bernier. If Scuderi hadn't turned at the last moment, it probably would have been fine. Still reckless, though.

Montresor

Gionta and Scuderi both hit from behind, but only one gets called. Big moment in the game right here. Time for a Parise shorty.

They didn have too many replies of Gionta getting hit. But it didn't look comparable to Bernier's hit. If anything it would have been a minor. LA would still have 3 minutes of a major power play.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's a good thing Bernier doesn't play for a team with crazy fans. He'd need to go into hiding and change his identity after this.

Socreges

Banned
They didn have too many replies of Gionta getting hit. But it didn't look comparable to Bernier's hit. If anything it would have been a minor. LA would still have 3 minutes of a major power play.
The play would have been stopped and the Bernier hit wouldn't have happened.

300% PP!

Honestly, I'd support a rule change where 5 minute power plays end after two goals. It's just ridiculous that it can keep going and going like that, even though it worked to my team's massive benefit tonight.

No that's why they have double minors and majors. Most will be a double minor but if there's blood and he's ejected it will be a major.

ZeroGravity

300% PP!

Devils had the best penalty killing in the league. Shoulda killed it.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Wouldn't play have stopped? Or at least unfolded differently if Jersey pulled a goalie for an attacker?

Revenant

once they missed the call on Gionta it's old news. Bernier didn't have to be reckless in smearing Scuderi's skull all over the glass.

Alucard

Banned

...Or the Bernier hit wouldn't have happened because the play may have been blown dead earlier.

Top Bottom