• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Socreges

Banned
alex, dream isn't being serious.

Bernier is gonna get the shit beat out of him with bars of soap in pillow covers like in Full Metal Jacket.
full_metal_jacket_movie_image.jpg

Canucks should go after him. He'd probably make a great PKer.

Dr.Acula

Banned
300% PP!

Honestly, I'd support a rule change where 5 minute power plays end after two goals. It's just ridiculous that it can keep going and going like that, even though it worked to my team's massive benefit tonight.

You hardly even see one goal on the major. I can't ever remember seeing three. But if they were to change the rule, they'd do it after a cup clinching game. Now excuse me as I get my foot out of the crease.

dream

Ah, Puddles. The sepia-toned memories of us sitting here incredulously watching our Kings manhandle the President's Choice winners. Where has the time gone?

JABEE

You hardly even see one goal on the major. I can't ever remember seeing three. But if they were to change the rule, they'd do it after a cup clinching game. Now excuse me as I get my foot out of the crease.
Why? Teams should be penalized for their stupid and wreckless hits.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
once they missed the call on Gionta it's old news. Bernier didn't have to be reckless in smearing Scuderi's skull all over the glass.
Happened way too fast for that kind of malice to occur. He was playing the puck. The King just didn't move in the right direction. Hard for Bernier to stop that fast when they are on ice. Compare that to Gionta hit. Puck is gone. And then the hit comes with PLENTY of space to stop.

Fei

I'll be interested if Kings-GAF exists in November is all I'm saying.

Still cuts deep.

Alucard

Banned
Second period is a whole new animal. Anything can happen. Devils need that goal to get some momentum. Stranger things have happened.

Puddles

Banned
Brown for Conn Smythe if we hold this lead?

I know Quick is our best player, but Brown pretty much single-handedly defeated our most formidable opponent of the playoffs (Vancouver), and he now leads the team in goals.

Ah, Puddles. The sepia-toned memories of us sitting here incredulously watching our Kings manhandle the President's Choice winners. Where has the time gone?

Man, I had to miss the entire Phoenix series and the first two games of the Finals because of a ban, but that Nucks series was glorious.

The second call was made because A.) It was a legit boarding call and B.) if the refs let THAT one go as well then they would have officially have the game out of control because then how long before the next moron boards another player and potentially injures him

Dr.Acula

Banned
Why? Teams should be penalized for their stupid and wreckless hits.

I like the current rule. I hope LA takes four penalties leading to goals from Quick playing the puck outside of the trapezoidal-area, because that rules needs to get overhulled.

Solo

That's what sucks about the Kings winning - there are no long suffering fanbase on GAF to be happy for. I mean, I fucking loathe the Bruins, but I was still happy for Mac, vat and Sanjuro.

Steve Bernier's Wikipedia page:

Steve Bernier (born March 31, 1985) is a Bitch ass. He has previously played for the Florida Panthers, Buffalo Sabres, Vancouver Canucks,and the San Jose Sharks, who originally selected him 16th overall in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

Bernier was later signed to a one-year, two way contract with the Devils on January 30, 2012, and promptly ****ed the Devils in the *** in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.[16]. This was followed by a tarring and feathering in Newark, NJ, which unfortunately ended in a public flogging.

Marvie_3

Banned
Happened way too fast for that kind of malice to occur. He was playing the puck. The King just didn't move in the right direction. Hard for Bernier to stop that fast when they are on ice. Compare that to Gionta hit. Puck is gone. And then the hit comes with PLENTY of space to stop.

What type of frames do you have on those homer glasses? Bernier had PLENTY of time to stop.

Boss Man

I'll be interested if Kings-GAF exists in November is all I'm saying.
I've been rooting for them since the playoffs started without my Stars. I like the way they play and they're the bottom seed, that's a legit enough bandwagon!

Top Bottom