• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't get why he tries so hard for those closing comments about life, the universe and shit. Its a fucking hockey game, just say thank you for watching and shut the fuck up.

Anyways meh montage. The best montage still remains the 2010 one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_akrdMYdG4

Goosebumps all over again. Jesus.

Also, I don't remember who it was, but best quote of the night for me was the one guy who was asked who he's thanking, and it went in this order:

"My brother's girlfriend, my girlfriend...".. WHO MENTIONS THEIR BROTHER'S GIRLFRIEND BEFORE THEIR OWN. Good man.

Oh, and congratz Kings! Still waiting for that first one :(

Socreges

Banned
How could anything be better than the Kings winning?

So proud of the Kings. It hasn't even sunk in yet!!!
wagon-cp-w-9571725.jpg

Alright now, you two. Time to return to NBA-GAF.

Phthisis

I'll admit it. I cried. It was amazing. I have been waiting my whole life for this. Years of playing as only the Kings in EA Sports NHL, watching as many games as I possibly could through school and around work. Attending games, including four playoff games (Game 4 against NJ last Wednesday after E3), being there through thick and thin, tonight was the night.

This is the best moment in sports for me. I can't believe it.

MPW

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#NJD Visibly upset, Parise declined to discuss his future. "I'm not talking about that."

He'll sign with Leafs

everyone wants to play for Leafs!

I fucking love you Soc.

But seriously, Congratulations Dr West and Clydefrog.

--------------

And a big congratulations to the people of LA, who have shown that they're decent enough to not riot in the front of a huge police force (VERY RESPECTFUL OF U!!!) and are polite enough to not boo Bettman. I hope they enjoy more LA Kings hockey (PSSST IT STARTS IN OCTOBER NEXT YEAR) and continue filling Staples Centre as fast as they fill jail cells.

Fuckin' criminals.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck you. I've been a fan of this team for years, I post more on HF than Gaf because nobody gives a shit about the Kings on here. Basketball can eat my dick.

Oh, and how was the President's Parade this year?
FCPMp.gif

Cold blooded. You should post here more often.

Socreges

Banned
Fuck you. I've been a fan of this team for years, I post more on HF than Gaf because nobody gives a shit about the Kings on here. Basketball can eat my dick.

Oh, and how was the President's Parade this year?
iOhTQhc39Fyaa.JPG

Your team just won the Cup, lifelong. You'd think this would be a good moment to take a joke in stride.

And what Red_Man said. Post more often. We don't have enough pent-up, angry people in here. Nor Kings fans.

iOhTQhc39Fyaa.JPG

Your team just won the Cup, lifelong. You'd think this would be a good moment to take a joke in stride.

And what Red_Man said. Post more often. We don't have enough pent-up, angry people in here. Nor Kings fans.
I'm in battle mode from all the hate from HF today, so it spilled over here. I hate the fake ass bandwagon fans that have popped up all over the city, so to be called one is my kryptonite. They will go away once the Kings hit their annual losing streak in November.

I usually just come in here to battle with the two Ducks fans every few months. I can't hate them as much now that the Kings finally won. Part of me is going to miss that. :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm in battle mode from all the hate from HF today, so it spilled over here. I hate the fake ass bandwagon fans that have popped up all over the city, so to be called one is my kryptonite. They will go away once the Kings hit their annual losing streak in November.

I usually just come in here to battle with the two Ducks fans every few months. I can't hate them as much now that the Kings finally won. Part of me is going to miss that. :(

They still hate you despite winning a cup, learn from that!

JABEE

Flyers fans must feel...weird.

The entire series was the worst. The New Jersey Devils, a team that I associate with my hatred of Scott Stevens, against the Los Angeles Kings, a team with Richards and Carter on it. I like Gagne and Hextall winning it, but I feel even worse than last year. At least last year the Bruins winning it would be good for a laugh. Now all I feel is hopelessness.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I only watch hockey during the Winter Olympics (the sport just isn't my bag) but I've watched all the games in this years finals for the first time ever and I really enjoyed my self.

As an LA native it's always good to see my city thrive in the sports arena no matter the sport. So a hardy congratulations to the LA Kings and all the long time supportive LA Kings fans.

Well fucking done, gentlemen.

Puddles

Banned
I've felt kind of high all day. I'm over in SE Asia at the moment, so the game came on around 9am. I meant to get a lot of work done today, but all I've done is dick around looking at hockey articles and watching hockey videos. Guess that work will get done tomorrow instead.

This is completely random, but for some reason I wish Alexander Frolov had still been with the team for this run. I remember myself and a few other Kings fans considered him our cornerstone during the wilderness years of the mid-2000's, and it's a shame we could never get a good team around him.

It wound up being a great playoffs this year all things considered. As much as it sucks that the Devils made the finals at least Marty gave up 5 in an elimination game, that was really fun to watch. Next year is going to be amazing, Marty even another year older, and no Parise means Devils will miss the playoffs. Congrats to the Kings, Quick is amazing. It is to bad the Flyers couldnt demote Richards from captain since we saw that a team that he is just a tiny tiny player on can win. Carter actually played well this series, to bad he couldnt do that against the Blackhawks. If the Flyers can just bring in some D help I think they can make a real run at the cup next year, if there is a season.

Top Bottom