• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Clydefrog

good morning

BECAUSE IT'S A GOOD MORNING

THE MOTHERFUCKING KINGS WON THE CUP

I AM STILL NOT BELIEVING THIS

i stumbled into work today. hold on. i'll make a composed post later. i can't believe this. omgfgfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Clydefrog

tumblr_m4k9at3ZfJ1qzvdruo1_400.gif

what in the fuck is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
good morning

BECAUSE IT'S A GOOD MORNING

THE MOTHERFUCKING KINGS WON THE CUP

I AM STILL NOT BELIEVING THIS

i stumbled into work today. hold on. i'll make a composed post later. i can't believe this. omgfgfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

you went into work?

When the Leafs finally win the Cup you can be damn sure I'm probably going to vanish for a few days going on an insane drunken bender.

Work will have to understand. Though I'd imagine whenever the next Canadian club wins the Cup the following day should either be made a holiday in the province or be prepared for a record number of people calling in sick.

ShaneB

you went into work?

When the Leafs finally win the Cup you can be damn sure I'm probably going to vanish for a few days going on an insane drunken bender.

Work will have to understand. Though I'd imagine whenever the next Canadian club wins the Cup the following day should either be made a holiday in the province or be prepared for a record number of people calling in sick.

If the Leafs ever win the cup again, it'll be probably result in a national holiday.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Montreal vs Toronto vs Winnipeg stanley cup final will save NHLGaf

I've actually thought about it a bit for maximum efficiency, postcounts and salt:

Sens vs Leafs, Habs vs Bruins, Wings vs Preds anywhere in the first two rounds and then...

Eastern conference finals: Leafs vs Habs
Western conference finals: Canucks vs Blackhawks

Stanley Cup finals: Leafs vs Canucks

Conference finals and Cup finals like that and I guarantee things would get ridiculous.

But alas just a dream.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've actually thought about it a bit for maximum efficiency, postcounts and salt:

Sens vs Leafs, Habs vs Bruins, Wings vs Preds anywhere in the first two rounds and then...

Conference finals and Cup finals like that and I guarantee things would get ridiculous.

But alas just a dream.

I want to see this happen in my GAF-lifetime. Just imagine the meltdowns. And then Toronto wins and we don't hear from Toronto-GAF for at least a week and Canada-wide newspapers will have Leafs-front page for a week. It'd be glorious (despite the Canucks losing, that is, but for the sake of the "most GAF-intensive" ending Leafs should win). Heck, even another Vancouver-Chicago series would do the trick for me.

Entropia

No One Remembers

But alas just a dream.

I would stay very far away from this thread if either of those series happened.

Clydefrog

I got kicked out of a bar last night for arguing with the English bartender about the Euro games. I told him England wasn't going to get out of its group and he fuckin' told the bouncers to kick me out. I pleaded my case. Even the bouncers were like "I don't know why he kicked you out, that's ridiculous"

won't be going there anymore!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I got kicked out of a bar last night for arguing with the English bartender about the Euro games. I told him England wasn't going to get out of its group and he fuckin' told the bouncers to kick me out. I pleaded my case. Even the bouncers were like "I don't know why he kicked you out, that's ridiculous"

won't be going there anymore!

Arguing about England in a bar, hmm...

boggs.png

you went into work?

Work will have to understand.
Though I'd imagine whenever the next Canadian club wins the Cup the following day should either be made a holiday in the province or be prepared for a record number of people calling in sick.

Well luckily you won't have to worry about that happening then.

Phthisis

I've felt kind of high all day. I'm over in SE Asia at the moment, so the game came on around 9am. I meant to get a lot of work done today, but all I've done is dick around looking at hockey articles and watching hockey videos. Guess that work will get done tomorrow instead.

This is completely random, but for some reason I wish Alexander Frolov had still been with the team for this run. I remember myself and a few other Kings fans considered him our cornerstone during the wilderness years of the mid-2000's, and it's a shame we could never get a good team around him.

Funny you mention that. Back in 06 when Lombardi took over, he had a projected first line of Kopitar, Frolov, and Purcell.

So much for that.

Smiley90

Someone mentioned to me that a team struggling to hit the cap floor might want to get Thomas... Thoughts? Since for thomas it theoretically shouldn't matter who pays him if he's not playing anyway...

Someone mentioned to me that a team struggling to hit the cap floor might want to get Thomas... Thoughts?
Realistically. I can only see Phoenix, Islanders and Columbus going for it. There are few cap floor teams this season than there were the last. The two big ones, Nashville and Florida have both made a real effort to ice playoff teams, so they'll be looking to spend money on players, not to eat cap.

Bruins still get screwed regardless, because instead of being able to send him away for a 1st, a good prospect or a roster player, they'll be lucky at this point to grab a 3rd out of it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Someone mentioned to me that a team struggling to hit the cap floor might want to get Thomas... Thoughts? Since for thomas it theoretically shouldn't matter who pays him if he's not playing anyway...
I hope this happens, and he's sent to some shit team just to spite him, and this little rodeo act he's putting on.

Maybe as some sort of last resort. Doesn't make sense though when the FA market is there. At least you'll get someone that be dressed. Plus if Thomas doesn't like the market he'll just retire.

I really do see any reason for any team to want him. Maybe Columbus for the lulz.

Maybe as some sort of last resort. Doesn't make sense though when the FA market is there. At least you'll get someone that be dressed. Plus if Thomas doesn't like the market he'll just retire.

I really do see any reason for any team to want him. Maybe Columbus for the lulz.
I think Columbus has the most need for him. They've got 19 players signed for next season and 20 million in cap space. If Nash is moved, then they'll be down to 18 players with 28 million in free space and they'd need to spend 13 million on 4 players to reach the floor (70 million). Considering they're a team unlikely to see any big contracts being signed there, they might struggle reaching the floor.

Smiley90

If they got enough high-value FA that would sign with them - sure. But Columbus loses Nash and then how do they reach the floor if no FA wants to sign with them? Boston will probably happily get rid of Thomas for cheap, and Columbus gets a big contract without giving up too much. Win-win for both teams, Thomas gets screwed over, which means everyone else wins too.

EDIT: same thing Spectre said. I hope this happens so badly, if only to see Thomas' reaction. Most badass-trade in a while if Boston/Columbus did it, for entertainment-value.

Top Bottom