• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (PS4) | DISALLOWED GOAL SCORERS

Delryk

that 1sec left to tie the game

Also
giphy.gif

Stat!

When do you guys want to start coming up/voting for names for the 18 club?

Feel free to name them. Might as well start now.

How about: Les Memorables

Sort of a play on Les Misrables and our "memorable passes" thing from this year.

I can't remember some of the ones we came up with a couple weeks ago

No "Les Memorables" as its bad enough that we have to put up with Delryk, no need for others to think we are French...

As the pioneer of the NHL 18 Beta "For Science!" movement I dont think its a good name for the retail version club. Science experiments were conducted and theories were hypothesized, but that time is over and soon its GO TIME

My grand nomination is: Believe in NorthAmerica
I dont think it fits with the space between "North" and "America". Team char limit is usually 23.

Other ideas:

Glory And Failure
Top guys
QC HABS 4 LYFE
The Forgotten Ones
Lost To The Ages
Memorable
Hugs & Misses
Bad Company
Smoke & Mirrors

Im mad i didnt write down the team names I proposed that one night when we were playing the beta as I think there were like 3 winners in my rambling stream of consciousness.

13thStep

No "Les Memorables" as its bad enough that we have to put up with Delryk, no need for others to think we are French...

As the pioneer of the NHL 18 Beta "For Science!" movement I dont think its a good name for the retail version club. Science experiments were conducted and theories were hypothesized, but that time is over and soon its GO TIME

My grand nomination is: Believe in NorthAmerica
I dont think it fits with the space between "North" and "America". Team char limit is usually 23.

Other ideas:

Glory And Failure
Top guys
QC HABS 4 LYFE
The Forgotten Ones
Lost To The Ages
Memorable
Hugs & Misses
Bad Company
Smoke & Mirrors

Im mad i didnt write down the team names I proposed that one night when we were playing the beta as I think there were like 3 winners in my rambling stream of consciousness.

I really like the following:

Glory and Failure
Top Guys (only if that is a reference to The Revivial)
Hugs & Misses (amazing, describes my play!)

A couple of other ones you have I like, but those are my top 3 I think

Stat!

Got to be honest, not a huge fan of any of the names listed so far.

"Hugs & Misses" doesn't really roll off the tongue compared to slot cloggers or even DAG (though if I recall, I wasn't the biggest fan of DAG either).

Memorable is weird on its own. We need a noun in there. At least I think. Its why Im not a fan of the others.

Its a shame we can't have a tag line too. but "Cheese. Sauce. W(h)ine" or something like that would be a good tag line. Maybe for the NHL 18 OT thread.

But I'll throw some other names just to stir the discussion.

The GAF Mascots
Memorable Dekes
Memorable Huggers

Not a fan of any of Stat's suggestions and like Delryk said no GAF in the club name. It has ruined names we used in the past and we will rep GAF it with the abbreviation until Evillore opens the checkbook and starts paying us

Stat!

Not a fan of any of Stat's suggestions and like Delryk said no GAF in the club name. It has ruined names we used in the past and we will rep GAF it with the abbreviation until Evillore opens the checkbook and starts paying us

Might as well just make a typing mistake and put FAG on Ice

Seriously tho.. that GAF thing doesnt need to be in our name. Nobody cares

Thats fine then. No GAF in the name.

How about

The Mighty Danglers?

13thStep

How bout something with a name pun? Not a fan of Mark Streit, but it works

Streit Fire

or how about:

Secret Games
Super Best Friends (lol, so stupid it makes me laugh)
Cottage In The Woods

Delryk

I'm sure Stat will like this one cuz everytime he scores, it's pretty much what he sounds like. ;)

Multiple Scorgasms

though we could change Multiple for another word.... Infinite, Sniping, Dangling, Kings of, etc...

13thStep

Monetize Those Vids
Need A Snack
You're Off The Team
Should Have Passed
Fight Swim Fight (Fight Owens Fight is the inspiration)

Stat!

Monetize Those Vids
Need A Snack
You're Off The Team
Should Have Passed
Fight Swim Fight (Fight Owens Fight is the inspiration)

I laughed at those because they're good tag lines but they're not really team names in my eyes. Like I feel like there should be a noun.

Like Cloggers or Scorers.

I don't know.

Blades of Zeal (cause dangling is big this year)
Quicker Snappers
Dangling Cherries

13thStep

I laughed at those because they're good tag lines but they're not really team names in my eyes. Like I feel like there should be a noun.

Like Cloggers or Scorers.

I don't know.

Blades of Zeal (cause dangling is big this year)
Quicker Snappers
Dangling Cherries

I feel like the name should be something about us, not hockey terms or phrases.

We have a shit ton of names though at this point, should we vote on what we have? Like everyone put their top 3 or 4, then vote from there?

Stat!

I feel like the name should be something about us, not hockey terms or phrases.

We have a shit ton of names though at this point, should we vote on what we have? Like everyone put their top 3 or 4, then vote from there?

We've done off and on hockey names/phrases. We were Most Valuable Primates one year, Natural Born Penalty Killers another year.

Hmm, what about a combination

Memorable Playmakers
Memorable Destroyers
The Blood Baths
The Disorganized Limes
Highlight Reel Passes
Two Foot Passers
Puck Pick-Up Failures

Top Bottom