• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct September 13th for Switch and 3DS

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mario Odyssey and Octopath Traveler look absolutely incredible.

NotLiquid

It doesn't matter how cynical I may be in my jaded old heart

Every time I see Mario Odyssey I can't stop smiling

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being one of my favorite games ever at this rate. I haven't felt this way in forever about a game

I'm depressed that we didn't get anything from Platinum. Damn you Kamiya for retweeting the direct! Other than that though it was pretty good, some big 3rd party announcements as well.

Leatherface

I say god damn! For the first time in a long time I can finally say Nintendo is back with a vengence with the Switch. Wow! So much to look forward to! Great direct!

Rayis

Why did they tease Smash like that?

But other than that, Pretty good direct!

LEMME DOWNLOAD THAT OCTOPATH DEMO NOW!

Jagsrock

Banned
That was good stuff, I'm excited at the release dates, a lot of stuff pretty soon. Doom and wolfenstien was a awesome surprise. AND MARIO LOOKS AMAZING. All those kingdoms and there's still more, so many moons, so many costumes, freakin photo mode in a mario game. HOW DO THEY EVEN TOP THIS.

Time for octopath demo

Really interested about the id Tech ports - though will be interesting for sure given the hardware and I did not expect it at all, is Wolfenstein day and date?

ghibli99

My god... the direct could have been just 5 minutes of Mario Odyssey and I would have been good. Sooooooo much going on in that game. October 27th can't get here soon enough!!

Terrorblot

No Bingo, but not terrible! Mario and Xenoblade look fantastic!
OFiCZYg.jpg

Kapow

Mario and Octopath look incredible, Xenoblade looks absolutely terrible. I thought the direct was pretty good overall

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Decent Direct. Definitely not worth the hype, but they so rarely are lol

I wish we had had more new game announcements for the Switch, everything Nintendo brought was elaboration on games we already knew about. And arcade ports, I suppose.

Was there even a single new game announcement? The most exciting announcement was a doom port and a late release for Wolfenstein.

Not a whole lot new I'm interested in... Still just Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Rocket League, and maybe Skyrim. It's good to see more software come out for the system though! I'm excited publishers seem to be much more onboard for this than the Wii U.

kizmah

Great direct overall. Some big surprises, some awaited release dates and more Odyssey (man this game looks amazing) is just cementing the fact that Switch year one is on fire.

XandBosch

It doesn't matter how cynical I may be in my jaded old heart

Every time I see Mario Odyssey I can't stop smiling

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being one of my favorite games ever at this rate. I haven't felt this way in forever about a game

It really does just look fantastic and great in all the right ways.

Top Bottom