• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct September 13th for Switch and 3DS

The Lamp

They are there of the biggest games of the past decade.

So you might want to strap in and get over it a bit.

They're also old as fuck, so not really sure how anyone could be excited by them or fault anyone for not wanting to see the umpteenth explanation of what they are with a trailer.

I don't know if this an honest reaction or just trolling

It's honest. This direct sucked. I can't relate to anyone who says it was amazing.

Although I like that snipperclips is getting some attention

atr0cious

They're also old as fuck, so not really sure how anyone could be excited by them or fault anyone for not wanting to see the umpteenth explanation of what they are with a trailer.

It's honest. This direct sucked. I can't relate to anyone who says it was amazing.

Although I like that snipperclips is getting some attention
There's nothing wrong with switch getting popular games or recently remastered ones like Skyrim, when the system came out 6 months ago and publishers are just now able to produce their efforts. You're acting like these games aren't still very popular and desirable as fully portable. Gtav announcement might bring gaf down.

Doom and wolf 2 ports are signs of things to come.

sinonobu

Banned
I think we might get a Direct again on Winter that highlights some late 2017 games (including BOTW DLC 2) and early 2018 titles.

Steps in the rigjht direction with Doom and Wolf 2 I guess, but I personally don't care about either. Trending ok though.

I always said a Mario bundle would sell me on getting a Switch, and I still might, but I might wait til next year to see if they update the hadware. I've got enough other games in the interim.

random25

I think we might get a Direct again on Winter that highlights some late 2017 games (including BOTW DLC 2) and early 2018 titles.

Pretty sure we'll get one by November or December, focusing on the next quarter games. They usually have something big in February I believe.

Steps in the rigjht direction with Doom and Wolf 2 I guess, but I personally don't care about either. Trending ok though.

I always said a Mario bundle would sell me on getting a Switch, and I still might, but I might wait til next year to see if they update the hadware. I've got enough other games in the interim.
There is zero chance of this next year.

ZeoVGM

Banned

Because that's not how it works. It doesn't matter if they're old if they're still incredibly popular today.

These Directs are not to please you individually. They are for Nintendo to show off their new games. Some brand new, some ports. That's how the industry works.

Just watched this. Hyped for Xeno and Octopath. Gotta download the demo soon, and the one for Etrian Odyssey too. Looking forward to Mario as well, but that goes without saying.

Also, "liberate a Nazi-controlled America" wasn't something I expected to hear in a Nintendo Direct, but it feels so relevant.

xevis

Banned
Xenoblade looks horrible. They lost me as soon as I saw the costume for (one of?) the female protagonists.

8CowTcy.jpg

What the fuck Monolith. Why don't you perverts just draw her naked and be done with it?

LotusHD

Banned
Any potential apprehension I had regarding the Direct being "worth it" got instantly washed away after playing through Project Octopath. Damn good game.

Ansatz

Disappointing Direct :/

- Re-releases
- Special Editions
- Amiibos
- Minor game updates
- Minecraft clones

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sounds good to me, but it's a known. I'm sure some fans will be disappointed by the streamlined approach to overworld exploration though.

It wasn't until they showed Odyssey when I said to myself "this is a fucking video game" with genuine originality and excitement, but yeah this is more a commentary on the state of the gaming industry in 2017 than anything else.

To sum up the Direct:
*New Square Enix Exclusive*
me: .... :eek: .... :O .... !!!!! IS IT MARIO RPG 2???
*shows generic, low budget traditional JRPG*
me: Oh.

Metroid Prime 4; Please don't suck . k thx

ZugZug123

Was hoping for Animal Crossing news, but I think it will be a late 2018 thing :/

Also, arcade VC instead of N64/Gamecube. Damn it, Nintendo.

preta

To sum up the Direct:

Well, as it turns out, impressions on Octopath Traveler have been positively glowing so far.

random25

Yeah, I can attest to Octopath's quality (at least the demo build is quite great). If this represents the final game, then JRPG fans are in for a treat.

Cartho

When i saw the 'two iconic shooters' headline I was racking my brains. I thought of MW remastered and other pld games. Never in a million years did I think DOOM! Excellent get for this holiday season.

Wolfenstein 2 though? That's fricking exceptional as it's not even out yet for the current gen systems. Slightly delayed compared to them but I think I'll probs wait for the Switch version now for portability and my favourite controller ever.

People disappointed... I guess I can see where you would be... but honestly this level of support from Bethesda is huge. And if they find success what else will their support bring? Building a market is incremental. Bits and pieces of this software, with tangible effort, will bring buyers, who will bring interest in further, similar experiences.

random25

People disappointed... I guess I can see where you would be... but honestly this level of support from Bethesda is huge. And if they find success what else will their support bring? Building a market is incremental. Bits and pieces of this software, with tangible effort, will bring buyers, who will bring interest in further, similar experiences.

It also does not hurt when the one they are bringing is not only a recent title, but a critically acclaimed one. And the other one is a new, high profile game.

Soul Lab

Xenoblade looks horrible. They lost me as soon as I saw the costume for (one of?) the female protagonists.

What the fuck Monolith. Why don't you perverts just draw her naked and be done with it?

Perverts? Come on, are you fucking kidding me...

One part of this that was important, was Doom hitting a "close enough" level visually.

The screencaps show marginal downgrades. On a handheld... a year later...

I mean gaddamn.

Switch is one of the most impressive pieces of hardware I've experienced in a couple of generations.

So I mean... there wasn't much new shown, but there's a confidence in this system from Bethesda I seriously never expected. I literally think they're trying to fit Fallout 4 on the thing now.

Which is just... again... gaddamn.

KtSlime

I saw a girl wearing cut off jean shorts about that small at the train station today, her front pockets hung down about 2 inches from where they had been cut off. Not really a big deal.

God damn Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks absolutely horrid.

Yeah, I was sorta curious about it after E3 but this Spotlight moment turned me off completely. :/

The biggest takeaway from the Direct for me was that Bethesda is leading the charge in Switch confidence, and I hope these string of games cause a domino effect with others. If or when GTAV gets announced for this thing, I'd say the Switch has finally done it.

ITSMILNER

Glad I never stayed up for this now, I don't care for 3DS stuff anymore and what new stuff was announced for Switch (Doom, Wolf2) are not things I'd buy on Switch.

Maybe the Platinum stuff will be at TGS next week?

Mory Dunz

Disappointing Direct :/
\
To sum up the Direct:

Metroid Prime 4; Please don't suck . k thx

Why would they announce Super Mario RPG 2 as an "exclusive"?

They don't use exclusive for established 1st Part IPs, that'd be dumb.

No one goes, "Here is a New Kirby Star Allies Superstar, exclusively on _____ Nintendo console!! No where else!"

so uh....that's your own fault there.

ramparter

Banned
The Direct was very packed, I was just disappointed because Switch stuff we knew already of or were indie/3rd party.

Wheres my Mario Kart Deluxe dlc nintendo? Why only Splatoon2 and Arms?

jariw

The Direct was very packed, I was just disappointed because Switch stuff we knew already of or were indie/3rd party.

Wheres my Mario Kart Deluxe dlc nintendo? Why only Splatoon2 and Arms?

Snipperclips DLC was not known before.

Perhaps they're planning a MK9 for later on for the Switch?

xevis

Banned
I saw a girl wearing cut off jean shorts about that small at the train station today, her front pockets hung down about 2 inches from where they had been cut off. Not really a big deal.

They're not cut-off jeans. She's wearing a g-string and red body paint on her ass. She also seems to be suffering from Tracer-butt

Perverts? Come on, are you fucking kidding me...

If you dislike my adjective, feel free to substitute another which is more apt. What I'm saying is simple however: fuck this type of character design and the people who make them.

The only part that looked off to me in Xenoblade 2 was how stiff/doll-like the characters looked when talking and delivering dialogue. I hope they fix or patch that for release as it's pretty jarring.

Outside of that, rest of the game looks hype af. The use of blade characters that you can awaken made me think of personas.

Top Bottom