• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

ok wtf am i doing wrong with this new video card?

i installed it, everything is secure but when i turn on the computer i get no signal to the monitor. tried HDMI and even DVI but no signal. the graphics card fan comes on, all my other fans and stuff seem to be working. the monitor worked just before this with my old graphics card so the only thing i can think of which would cause an issue is the PCI-e plug ins. this graphics card has an 8 PCI plug in and a 6 PCI plug in. my power source has a few 6+2 plug in's. so i plugged the 6+2 into the 8 input on the graphics card, and for the 6 i just plugged another 6 into that one. is this wrong? the card came with adapters which would change a 6 into an 8 but i already have an 8 with the 6+2. i've installed 4 or 5 graphics cards before and never had this issue so i must be missing something simple. any ideas?

Mrbob

Heads up, the Windows store has 10 cent movie rentals. New releases too. As long as you are logged into your Xbox account on pc when you rent them you can watch these movies on your Xbone.

BigAT

i installed it, everything is secure but when i turn on the computer i get no signal to the monitor. tried HDMI and even DVI but no signal. the graphics card fan comes on, all my other fans and stuff seem to be working. the monitor worked just before this with my old graphics card so the only thing i can think of which would cause an issue is the PCI-e plug ins. this graphics card has an 8 PCI plug in and a 6 PCI plug in. my power source has a few 6+2 plug in's. so i plugged the 6+2 into the 8 input on the graphics card, and for the 6 i just plugged another 6 into that one. is this wrong? the card came with adapters which would change a 6 into an 8 but i already have an 8 with the 6+2. i've installed 4 or 5 graphics cards before and never had this issue so i must be missing something simple. any ideas?

GE developer can't even put a computer together.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Smokey

Did you update the motherboard BIOS

brentech

I don't know do you did this, but better off remoning new card, plugging monitor into motherboard and removing the drivers from old card.

Update bios if there is one, start and make sure everything is still good. Then install new card into system.

Smokey

Some mobos dont have integrated graphics. I thought FMTs was an older board and so it may not have a IGP.

But yeah...put in old GPU. Download and install latest mobo BIOS. Once complete load up machine (still with old GPU) run Display Driver Uninstaller. This will remove all of your Nvidia drivers. Once complete shut down machine and put AMD card in. Restart. Install AMD drivers.

Smokey

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/P67 Extreme4/

that is my mb at this point. i just checked and the newest drivers for this were in 2012. i just feel like im doing something wrong if i can't even get the monitor to recognize the new card.

also, this mb doesn't seem to have a way to plug in a monitor directly (no hdmi or other slot)

Your mobo has been off support since 2012? P67 is pretty old. That was the first chipset in my very first machine

:x

Either way update to newest available. I had to do this when I got one of my Titans (OG or Black can't remember) and used it with my P67 2600k build. I couldn't get a picture or anything because the mobo BIOS was outdated compared to whatever change was made on the Titan BIOS.

you're in my neighborhood aren't you

come on over

i was for a day!

"Unable to load driver..." referring to the BIOS?

If you're talking about anything other than the BIOS I'm gonna verbally slap you

yes, referring to the BIOS

attempted to restart after clearing out the old nvidia drivers and it's the same error (monitor doesn't recognize anything/doesn't turn on). maybe it's a bad card? seems unlikely but i dont know what else it could be. everything is plugged in appropriately

Smokey

yes, referring to the BIOS

attempted to restart after clearing out the old nvidia drivers and it's the same error (monitor doesn't recognize anything/doesn't turn on). maybe it's a bad card? seems unlikely but i dont know what else it could be. everything is plugged in appropriately

How are you trying to load the BIOS? USB stick or some other method? Also guess i should ask if you have ever upgraded a BIOS before?

What i do is dl the BIOS File from site and onto usb atick. Restart or hard reset the machine. On boot up mash button to get into your bios. There shoulf be an option in there to upgrade bios and you van choose to do so from the usb drive.

Is this where you are seeing the driver error?

brentech

How are you trying to load the BIOS? USB stick or some other method? Also guess i should ask if you have ever upgraded a BIOS before?

What i do is dl the BIOS File from site and onto usb atick. Restart or hard reset the machine. On boot up mash button to get into your bios. There shoulf be an option in there to upgrade bios and you van choose to do so from the usb drive.

Their instructions actually don't have you use media it looks: http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSUI.asp?cat=Windows7

Has you run as admin in windows, then restart computer and enter BIOS, and then choose 'load default settings'

i didn't use a USB stick at all. i just followed their directions. once i get to the part where it says "close all programs?" and i click ok, the next message i get is unable to load driver

brentech

i didn't use a USB stick at all. i just followed their directions. once i get to the part where it says "close all programs?" and i click ok, the next message i get is unable to load driver
Well, if you're not getting past that, there is no reason to expect your new card to work. Are you running the BIOS update as admin as it says at the bottom?

Top Bottom