• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P R O M E T H E U S |OT| Ridley Scott goes back to Building Better Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Wow.

This movie was so bad. It is a jumbled mess.

The acting is terrible. The delivery of the dialogue was laughable and I didn't care for any of the people thanks to the lack of character development.

The plot is ridiculous and stupid. What an utter disappointment.

According to this thread, it was way better than Avatar!

Wanace

I just saw it here in theaters in China.

They cut out most of the violence (several sections where the violence was beginning suddenly cut to when it had finished, it was really obvious and annoying) but the 3D was incredible and I appreciated it as an Alien movie even if it wasn't particularly the best film ever.

Also Fassbender was awesome.

Jurassic Park 3 is better than Avatar, and that's being nice.

Jurassic Park 3 is a mess and barely entertaining, almost like a high budget SyFy script got mistaken and shot as a JP movie. Avatar is a well made film with convincing characters, a solid plot and fantastic visual design. I can't say I agree with that, at all.

ZoddGutts

Wow.

This movie was so bad. It is a jumbled mess.

The acting is terrible. The delivery of the dialogue was laughable and I didn't care for any of the people thanks to the lack of character development.

The plot is ridiculous and stupid. What an utter disappointment.

Yeah didn't give a shit to any of the characters because the character development sucked, there wasn't any development. It was like watching a bad b-horror film, characters going full retard for the sake of seeing the body count going up.

Wilbur

Banned
Popping back here months after seeing the film. Saw it again, still enjoyed it but it is a fucking mess. There's such good basis for a masterpiece there, and that 5 second deleted scene seems like an improvement already.

Gonna hold out a few years and see if Ridley KoH's it

Ovid

Amazon is showing the release date for the Blu-ray as October 11th. But, Amazon Instant Video says September 18th (today). What gives?

mattp

One 3D Blu-ray, one 2D Blu-ray, a 3rd Blu-ray for extras and one DVD copy.

lol sigh

it's so ridiculous how this new trend of putting every single thing on a separate disc is used for marketting. MORE IS BETTER. IT HAS MORE DISCS
...except most of them are useless. or just contain digital copies

This whole thing made me realize how bad the movie really was, and I'm a huge Alien fan.

THE ENGINEER’s chest bursts open and a cheap KNOCKOFF XENOMORPH ALIEN slides out...

Cracked me up.
Did you watch the movie as an Alien prequel? Oh. Oh.

The film was amazing at visual and cinematography but failed at the writing. The premise for a great story was there. But at the end I am looking forward to Prometheus 2. And just to see how Scott will show us
the Engineer homeworld

JB1981

So it really is only 15 minutes of deleted scenes. That is lame. I've already seen the 10 mins that leaked from the DVD. I guess all that remains is the Engineer speaks and the longer confrontation between Shaw and the Engineer. It appears the alternate opening with the Engineer "elders" will not be shown and neither will something entitled 'Paradise' which was rumored to be on the blu-ray earlier and was said to have a runtime of 5 mins. Early reports said the blu-ray had 35 minutes of deleted footage.

I guess they are saving this stuff for another release or maybe it was just bunk.

http://collider.com/prometheus-deleted-scene-unused-music/196382/

Disc 1 (Prometheus 2D) (+150 minutes of bonuses):

•Cut scenes or alternative (15 mins)
•Audio commentary by director (120 mins)
•The private records of Peter Weyland, four viral videos (18 mins):
•The offer of Elizabeth Shaw
•Happy Birthday David
•Prometheus Transmission (extended version)
•The conference Weyland in 2023 (long version)
•Second Screen App: App iPad Control Blu-ray Remote which gives access to the archives of Peter Weyland (60 mins):
•Pre-production:
•First and final draft of the script (text)
•Sketches of Ridley Scott (photo gallery)
•The Art of Prometheus (photo gallery)
•Pre-visualization (30 mins)
•Tests of Noomi Rapace (15 mins)
•The costume design (photo gallery)
•Tests “look” of the cast (10 mins)
•Production:
•Graphic Video Dashboard
•Photographs of the team
•Video of the private pilot
•Production and post-release:
•Marketing Gallery
Disc 2 (Prometheus 3D):

•The 3D film active
Disc 3 (Bonus complementary Prometheus):

•The angry gods: how to make the Prometheus of Ridley Scott, 9 videos (120 mins):
•At the Conquest of Paradise (scenario)
•The engineering upside down (direction & design)
•The manifest human (characters & costumes)
•A nest of demons (creature design)
•A world without green spaces (Pinewood)
•Gains of chance (stunts & action)
•The beginning and end (Iceland)
•The sky on fire (visual effects)
•Prometheus without limits (post-production and theatrical release)
•Units of improvement (30 mins):
•Mini-featurettes
•The archives of Peter Weyland (60 mins

Gui_PT

Did you watch the movie as an Alien prequel? Oh. Oh.

The film was amazing at visual and cinematography but failed at the writing. The premise for a great story was there. But at the end I am looking forward to Prometheus 2. And just to see how Scott will show us
the Engineer homeworld

So basically:

The movie was shit but it looked pretty and it could've been good because the original idea was good.

I want a sequel.

Keep that up hyper

And watching the movie as a prequel or not, that scene was cheesy as hell.

Dead

well not really...yet
So it really is only 15 minutes of deleted scenes. That is lame. I've already seen the 10 mins that leaked from the DVD. I guess all that remains is the Engineer speaks and the longer confrontation between Shaw and the Engineer. It appears the alternate opening with the Engineer "elders" will not be shown and neither will something entitled 'Paradise' which was rumored to be on the blu-ray earlier and was said to have a runtime of 5 mins. Early reports said the blu-ray had 35 minutes of deleted footage.

I guess they are saving this stuff for another release or maybe it was just bunk.

http://collider.com/prometheus-deleted-scene-unused-music/196382/

Disc 1 (Prometheus 2D) (+150 minutes of bonuses):

•Cut scenes or alternative (15 mins)
•Audio commentary by director (120 mins)
•The private records of Peter Weyland, four viral videos (18 mins):
•The offer of Elizabeth Shaw
•Happy Birthday David
•Prometheus Transmission (extended version)
•The conference Weyland in 2023 (long version)
•Second Screen App: App iPad Control Blu-ray Remote which gives access to the archives of Peter Weyland (60 mins):
•Pre-production:
•First and final draft of the script (text)
•Sketches of Ridley Scott (photo gallery)
•The Art of Prometheus (photo gallery)
•Pre-visualization (30 mins)
•Tests of Noomi Rapace (15 mins)
•The costume design (photo gallery)
•Tests “look” of the cast (10 mins)
•Production:
•Graphic Video Dashboard
•Photographs of the team
•Video of the private pilot
•Production and post-release:
•Marketing Gallery
Disc 2 (Prometheus 3D):

•The 3D film active
Disc 3 (Bonus complementary Prometheus):

•The angry gods: how to make the Prometheus of Ridley Scott, 9 videos (120 mins):
•At the Conquest of Paradise (scenario)
•The engineering upside down (direction & design)
•The manifest human (characters & costumes)
•A nest of demons (creature design)
•A world without green spaces (Pinewood)
•Gains of chance (stunts & action)
•The beginning and end (Iceland)
•The sky on fire (visual effects)
•Prometheus without limits (post-production and theatrical release)
•Units of improvement (30 mins):
•Mini-featurettes
•The archives of Peter Weyland (60 mins
No, its 35 minutes of deleted scenes. Its 100% confirmed. That collider info is outdated/inaccurate.

Damnit... so will this stuff be on the standard US blu-ray release that comes out 10/11?

US Amazon only has that and the 3D version, which is about $5 more, but nothing mentions 4 discs!

Tedesco!

I downloaded the movie from iTunes. The only extras I care about are commentary and deleted scenes, both of which are included but only available to view via the computer. I'm glad I spent the $14.99 rather than anything more considering there will probably be a different version down the line.

Tedesco!

Actually, only a few deleted scenes are available on the Itunes version.

The blu-ray version states 15 minutes of deleted scenes, and I believe that was the same amount offered on iTunes.
It is everything we've already seen, plus an extended scene between Elizabeth and the Engineer

JB1981

The Blu-Ray has 35 minutes of deleted scenes. They've been rated by bbfc so it's confirmed

I don't think this is the case. The blu-ray has only 15 min of deleted scenes. I hope you're right
And no, there is not an extended version of the movie

Dead- I just did some google searching and it looks like 20th Century Fox forced the BBFC and other websites to remove the deletes scene info. Maybe Fox pulled some of them last minute. What was of particular interest to me were the deleted scenes titled:

00:02:31:16 (ARRIVAL OF THE ENGINEERS) (DELETED SCENE)

00:03:27:07 (JANEK FILLS VICKERS IN) (DELETED SCENE)
00:03:40:12 (A KING HAS HIS REIGN) (DELETED SCENE)
00:02:01:24 (FITFIELD ATTACKS) (DELETED SCENE)
00:04:06:06 (THE ENGINEER SPEAKS) (DELETED SCENE)
00:05:30:04 (FINAL BATTLE) (DELETED SCENE)
00:05:05:19 (PARADISE) (DELETED SCENE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom