• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XIII: UK trailer up -> starter evolutions, Mega Garchomp and more

Dawg

Trailer Link Here

New Pokémon

Eng: Quilladin
Fra: Boguérisse
Deu: Igastarnish
Species: Spiny Armor Pokémon
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow
Height: 2' 04"
Weight: 63.9 lbs.
Quilladin uses its hardy shell to repel attacks and strike back with its pointed spines.
budalslciaepfxxvlkk1.png

Eng: Braixen
Fra: Roussil
Deu: Rutena
Species: Fox Pokémon
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze
Height: 3' 03"
Weight: 32.0 lbs.
Once Fennekin evolves into Braixen, it no longer eats branches. But it still keeps a tree branch in its tail, which seems to calm the Pokémon. Braixen will occasionally wield the branch in battle and use friction to light it on fire.

Eng: Frogadier
Fra: Croâporal
Deu: Amphizel
Species: Bubble Frog Pokémon
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
Height: 2' 00"
Weight: 24.0 lbs.
Frogadier evolves from Froakie, and when it does, its jumping skill improves. During battle, Frogadier confounds its opponents by leaping about the ceiling or into trees. Frogadier attacks by launching small stones wrapped in bubbles at its opponents.

Eng: Furfrou
Fra: Couafarel
Deu: Coiffwaff
Species: Poodle Pokémon
Type: Normal
Ability: Fur Coat
Height: 3' 11"
Weight: 61.7 lbs.
The stylish Pokémon Furfrou can have its appearance changed by grooming. There are number of different appearances it can take, and the more you groom it, the more styles may become available!

If you leave Furfrou's style untended for a few days, its fur will grow long and shaggy again, returning to its original look. Keep a regular grooming schedule to maintain Furfrou's style!

Eng: Meowstic
Fra: Mistigrix
Deu: Psiaugon
Species: Constraint Pokémon
Type: Psychic
Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator
Height: 2' 00"
Weight: 18.7 lbs.

Meowstic is a Pokémon that has different forms depending on its gender. Not only do male and female Meowstic look different, but they also have different moves they can learn!

xqmqKvA.jpg
J4lqp3U.jpg

Eng: Tyrunt
Fra: Ptyranidur
Deu: Balgoras
Species: Royal Heir Pokémon
Type: Rock/Dragon
Ability: Strong Jaw
Height: 2' 07"
Weight: 57.3 lbs.
It's believed that Tyrunt is over one hundred million years old. The Pokémon is known to be a bit selfish, and will throw a fit when it doesn't like something.

Eng: Amaura
Fra: Amagara
Deu: Amarino
Species: Tundra Pokémon
Type: Rock/Ice
Ability: Refrigerate
Height: 4' 03"
Weight: 55.6 lbs.
Like Tyrunt, Amaura is believed to be one hundred million years old. Amaura has the Refrigerate Ability, a new Ability in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. It turns Normal-type moves into Ice-type moves.

Eng: Pyroar
Fra: Némélios
Deu: Pyroleo
Species: Royal Pokémon
Type: Fire/Normal
Ability: Rivalry/Unnerve
Height: 4' 11"
Weight: 179.7 lbs.
When Litleo evolves into Pyroar, it gains a great mane of burning flame! Male and female Pyroar have different forms. The male Pyroar with the largest mane becomes the leader of its pride. The female Pyroar of the pride protect the group’s young.

724gDal.jpg
jG6UQKz.jpg

================================

Mega Evolutions!

Eng: Mega Mewtwo X
Species: Genetic Pokémon
Type: Psychic/Fighting
Ability: Steadfast
Height: 7' 07"
Weight: 280.0 lbs.
Yet another secret lurks within Mewtwo! The Genetic Pokémon doesn't have just one Mega-Evolved form—it has two! Meet Mega Mewtwo X, an even larger Pokémon than Mega Mewtwo Y, with muscles bulging from its arms and legs. To evolve Mewtwo into Mega Mewtwo X, you'll need the Mewtwonite X Mega Stone.

luoxSpZ.jpg

Eng: Mega Garchomp
Species: Mach Pokémon
Type: Dragon/Ground
Ability: Sand Force
Height: 6' 03"
Weight: 209.4 lbs.
When Garchomp becomes Mega Garchomp, the increased energy flows into the Pokémon's arms, turning them into huge blades! Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly, while its Speed goes down a little.

VswDfYH.jpg

=================================

Type Chart!
With the addition of the Fairy type, some changes have been made to the type chart to compensate. Here's the main gist.

Legend:
Circle: Super Effective (2x damage)
Triangle: Not Very Effective (x.5 damage)
X: Ineffective (x0 damage)

T79348E.png

Changes:
Fairy type added
  • Fairy is SE against Dragon, Fighting, and Dark.
  • Fairy is NVE against Fire, Poison, and Steel.
  • Fairy takes SE damage from Steel and Poison.
  • Fairy takes NVE damage from Fighting, Dark, and Bug.
  • Fairy is immune to Dragon.

-Steel type modified
Steel takes normal damage from Dark and Ghost, changed from resistance.

-Grass type properties modified
Grass types are immune to powder and spore moves (ex: Stun Spore)

-Ghost type properties modified
Ghosts are now immune to trapping moves (ex: Mean Look). It's unknown whether this extends to abilities.

-Electric type properties modified
Electric types are now immune to paralysis.

-Ice type properties modified
Ice types are now immune to the Frozen status.

Customization
In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you'll be able to use the boutiques and the salon that appear in the game to change your outfits and hair style. You can change not only your clothes, but also your hat, shoes, and accessories! There are all kinds of preset styles ready for you, too. There are boutiques in many of the cities you visit, and each has its own individual style.

When you change your outfit and your hair, your icon on the PSS and on the Pokémon Global Link will change, too. Find your favorite hair and clothing combinations and show them off for the world to see!

tujL4hh.jpg

i6F6cdA.jpg

SBNgz5H.jpg

Trainer PR Videos

After you choose a style, visit the PR Video Studio. This facility will let you make a promotional video that reflects your style, called a Trainer PR Video!

Trainer PR Videos are 10-second films that feature you and your Pokémon. Choose your expressions, poses, background music, camera angles, and more to create a unique video! You can use a recommended style to make a video in moments, or make a video based on your preferences, with every second specially crafted.

8iW6qEs.jpg

qdLGGoN.jpg

Team Flare

Meet the five scientists who are the driving force behind Team Flare! They all have different hairstyles and unique outfits: The purple-haired woman is Celosia, the orange-haired woman is Aliana, the green-haired woman is Bryony, and the blue-haired woman is Mable. The final one of the lot is a man called Xerosic, whose red goggles and hair make quite an impression.

They're not merely selfishly looking out for themselves—they appear to have a clear goal in how to change the world. What kind of world do they hope to create?

5BOiA8J.jpg
QVKl2BW.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Please thank ColtraineGF for this amazing OP. I merely posted the thread (too soon :p)

Nachos

Oh my god, Chespin's evolution looks even more adorable as a 3D model.
Screw the haters.

EDIT: Also, Tyrunt is a great name for a pokemon.

Ragus

Banned
Welp, wanted to try out Fennekin, but now I think I'll choose Froakie. I dunno, Fennekin's second form looks like a 18+ fanart from /vp/

Fireblend

Banned
There seems to be framedrops in that Quilladin mud shot gameplay bit.

Yeah, I think framedrops are going to be par for the course in Pokemon battles. There are some very intense animations it seems.

I *love* the trainer customization, it looks way more deep than I expected, and can't wait to play with how my trainer will look
3AQmK.gif

Dr. Buni

Quilladin looks so cute and awesome. I still prefer Braixen, but Quilladin > Frogadier at least.

Also it seems that we are getting a female evil team boss this time, which is great! All Team Flare members look great and fabulous.

On other hand, Pyroar looks pretty bad, both male and female, but specially female. So ugly!

Toxi

Banned
Tyrunt is the greatest Pokemon name ever conceived. Like seriously, whoever came up with it deserves a prize of some kind.

Also, Frogadier's pose reminds me of a ninja.

harmonize

Quilladin looks better than I initially thought it would in gameplay when I first saw it, plus the play on Paladin in it's name suggest it might have a very interesting evolution, and makes me wonder if that Grass/Dark correction on WPM was actually true. Still sticking with Froakie and Frogadier, though.

These games are going to dominate my life; I can feel it.

Dr. Buni

I am calling that Diantha is the true Team Flare boss. She looks too fabulous to be just a not-so-important NPC.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also I said it before and I'll say it again

CHESPIN REDEEMED

WE FIGHT FOR JUSTICE TEAMQUILLADIN

Top Bottom