• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, in 20 years right wingers will note that Kim Davis, the George Wallace of gay issues, was a democrat - and therefore people who suggest the GOP was once anti-gay are being historically inaccurate.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NBC/Marist polls

IA GOP
Trump 29
Carson 22
Bush 6

NH GOP
Trump 28
Kasich 12
Carson 11
Bush 8

NH Senate
Ayotte 48
Hassan 45

Dunno where all the talk of "Oh Trump will implode and all his supporters will get soaked up by Bush" comes from. Bush would need a lot more than that to win, most likely.

It is much, much more likely that Carson implodes and Trump takes his voters.

RastaMentality said:
That sad 14-point drop for Walker.

In the words of PD, Walker is "rising."

Another thing that hurt him and buried any recovery. He's had a long running feud with Turd Blossom.

I had to look that up
It is a dangerous moment for Rove, but he has escaped from a litany of political scandals unscathed, and even enhanced. Bush's other nickname for the Boy Genius is "Turd Blossom" - a Texanism for a flower that blooms from cattle excrement. This year, there should be ample opportunity for him to earn the title.

Kinda wonder what a W. presidency would be without Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rove around. Guess i could bite into the "well meaning idiot that was led astray" narrative.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I had to look that up

Kinda wonder what a W. presidency would be without Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rove around. Guess i could bite into the "well meaning idiot that was led astray" narrative.

I've always believed this. He's a good guy. He was surrounded by some of the most evil people in American political history.

Tarkus

This is just more evidence to me that you don't actually read anybody's posts.
I read every post in here, Dark Souls communities, and the physician thread. That's about it though. Please elaborate. Are there not many Biden fans around? Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Snake

If you missed it, Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Colin Powell came out in support for the Iran Deal today.

You could say that Wasserman Schultz waited until after it was a done deal, but that's still a better move for a member of the leadership than Schumer's.

That post of yours bashing Heidi Heitkamp for sitting in an American flag lawn chair - now THAT was truly insightful.

That was a frivolous PR shot that Heitkamp did. But now you wanna talk about the merits of the picture? Welcome to two days ago.

If you don't see that picture in an objective manner...you're really tripping. If you plump down any Republican sitting in that same chair, the same way Heitkamp was...you'd be making "witty" remarks of how desperate and pandering it is. Don't believe me? Edit her out and put in any Republican. Do it. You'll see how stupid it looks.

only thing those democratic numbers show is how lucky clinton is that there isn't a viable, legitimate candidate besides sanders in the race. otherwise, she'd be cooked. i don't think biden is the answer, nor necessarily would warren be. but the primary is ripe for the taking and them already talking about a southern firewall doesn't inspire faith for iowa and NH. but, a lot can and will change. /end subway hot take.

Such productive posts you make that have zero substance. You're really contributing to the thread.

Lol you're the one to talk.

Also Nate said that Bernie can win those two states, but Bernie's appeal will only peak at 30 percent in the primary election. So far he isn't wrong.

That was a frivolous PR shot that Heitkamp did. But now you wanna talk about the merits of the picture? Welcome to two days ago.

If you don't see that picture in an objective manner...you're really tripping. If you plump down any Republican sitting in that same chair, the same way Heitkamp was...you'd be making "witty" remarks of how desperate and pandering it is. Don't believe me? Edit her out and put in any Republican. Do it. You'll see how stupid it looks.

American flags and flag-related imagery are used CONSTANTLY by politicians of both parties.

Next time Bernie Sanders appears in front of an American flag or wears an American flag pin on his shirt, I better see you calling him out for such shameless pandering.

I mean, look at this pandering bullshit:

1282540162490499470.png

Red, white and blue. And STRIPES. And a STAR, even. Jesus Christ, Bernie. Quit it with the pandering. Good lord.

dramatis

Rather than judging someone on her flag pin or whatnot, Erasure, it might be prudent for you to look up information on the person and her voting record and actions. There's a reason you're taught not to judge a book by its cover. I doubt you can even tell us what position Heitkamp holds and what state she's from, without Googling her now.

How in the world does this happen? Two polls showing polar opposite results within a single week of each other.

YjwLv91.png

This is the problem with pollsters when it's a long time before election day. Their track record/reputation isn't being judged by these polls.

Ecotic

How in the world does this happen? Two polls showing polar opposite results within a single week of each other.

YjwLv91.png

This is the problem with pollsters when it's a long time before election day. Their track record/reputation isn't being judged by these polls.

It looks like 60-70% of the polls coming out have favored Democrats, with the rest favoring Republicans. In that sense it's encouraging enough, but there's enough polls coming out that favor Republicans that they can't be blamed on being outliers. They're weighting the electorate differently perhaps.

Sarah Palin on the topic of becoming america's energy secretary on the appointment of President Trump
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/06/palin-teases-about-serving-as-energy-secretary-if-trump-wins/
“Oil and gas and minerals, those (are) things that God has dumped on this part of the Earth for mankind's use, instead of us relying on unfriendly foreign nations, for us to import their resources.”

However, Palin then pivoted to the familiar less-government, states-right position that the agency should be shuttered, which would end her Cabinet-level position.

“If I were head of that (agency,) I'd get rid of it,” Palin said. “And I'd let the states start having more control over the lands that are within their boundaries and the people who are affected by the developments within their states.”

Rather than judging someone on her flag pin or whatnot, Erasure, it might be prudent for you to look up information on the person and her voting record and actions. There's a reason you're taught not to judge a book by its cover. I doubt you can even tell us what position Heitkamp holds and what state she's from, without Googling her now.

On what issue? Am I supposed to know her voting history? Fuck, I don't know my own senators' voting history save for the big issue of the day. I can't grapple why Klobuchar is so amazing. She never makes any news regarding legislation in local media. I hear more good work coming from Franken than I hear about Klobuchar. I can not name one bill or cause that Klobuchar has stood up for in any meaningful way. I can list a slew of things Franken supports or opposes but again I can't tell you where he stands on a lot of things.

I do know Heitkamp is from North Dakota. So you claiming I wouldn't know that...you're wrong.

I'm not judging Heitkamp on her flag pin. You obviously don't know what the conversation is about. A few pages back there's an awkward picture of her sitting in an American Flag chair. You think she'd be sitting her ass in the chair but nope...she's on the edge of the chair sitting forward which looks quite awkward as she's about to fall out so why is she doing this? So we can see the stars and stripes backrest to the chair. It's a gaudy picture and some here took offense to my opinion.

FiggyCal

Banned
On what issue? Am I supposed to know her voting history? Fuck, I don't know my own senators' voting history save for the big issue of the day. I can't grapple why Klobuchar is so amazing. She never makes any news regarding legislation in local media. I hear more good work coming from Franken than I hear about Klobuchar. I can not name one bill or cause that Klobuchar has stood up for in any meaningful way. I can list a slew of things Franken supports or opposes but again I can't tell you where he stands on a lot of things.

I do know Heitkamp is from North Dakota. So you claiming I wouldn't know that...you're wrong.

I'm not judging Heitkamp on her flag pin. You obviously don't know what the conversation is about. A few pages back there's an awkward picture of her sitting in an American Flag chair. You think she'd be sitting her ass in the chair but nope...she's on the edge of the chair sitting forward which looks quite awkward as she's about to fall out so why is she doing this? So we can see the stars and stripes backrest to the chair. It's a gaudy picture and some here took offense to my opinion.

I also want to add that she had two of her fingers stuffed inside her other hand. I'm not sure why she thought it was a good photo.

Klobuchar is popular because she pushes through legislation that's common sense and not highly controversial. One of her first major accomplishments was banning lead from the manufacturing of toys for example. In a state like MN which is solidly Dem but fairly moderate that's what endears her. She's a consensus builder. Franken is more of a policy wonk and his issues often have more national consequences. He's still fairly popular but plenty of people hate him and Dayton while I've never met anyone who hates Klobuchar.

Palin's christian god sure dumped a lot of oil and minerals into muslim parts of the world for them to use ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

dramatis

Sure.

He's not trying to hide the stars and stripes behind him, he must be trying to show how patriotic and American he is.

Why do you need more than one flag? It's gaudy pandering bullshit.

Jennifer Aniston is sitting awkwardly on the edge of her seat. She must be trying to show off how good that chair looks.

Why is this guy sitting awkwardly on the edge of his seat? He must be trying to show the logo on the chair.

You would think they would be sitting their asses in their chairs...but nope.

Let's be honest. How a person sits really has nothing to do with you. Pretending your opinion is the objective reasoning and sneering at a woman for how she's sitting is why people are annoyed with you, not because you had the opinion that it was a gaudy picture.

Don't try to dodge with "It was just an opinion". These are your words:
People comment on corndog pictures, not on flag chairs. Because corndorg pictures are actual pandering (and funny). The American flag is so prevalent that it can be pandering or it can just be decoration.

Your attempt to troll other posters is pretty inelegant and you ended up making yourself look stupid. Quit while you're ahead.

Come back when you have a good picture of Bernie to share. Because speaking in an objective manner, he just doesn't look cool.

Come back when you have a good picture of Bernie to share. Because speaking in an objective manner, he just doesn't look cool.

Mind you, that was absolutely the only god damned picture of the Bern looking good on like, the whole first god damned page of google results.

Fucker should get lasik, blepharoplasty and shave his head asap.

I've been surprised at how all the "moderate" candidates in this race (Jeb!, Kasich, Christie) have spent so much time talking about how we need more spying on U.S. citizens. I didn't think that was going to be a thing this year.

I've been surprised at how all the "moderate" candidates in this race (Jeb!, Kasich, Christie) have spent so much time talking about how we need more spying on U.S. citizens. I didn't think that was going to be a thing this year.

Every "moderate" republican is borderline or a blatant neoconservative when it comes to foreign policy. They'll never back down on NSA/spying. Especially in light of Obama embracing it after promising to end it. I wouldn't be shocked if it's simply something a president doesn't have the authority to end.

HylianTom

Banned
Next Republican debate is next week. That should give us some fun between now the Democratic Debate on the 13th of October.
I have the distinct feeling that the agreement Trump has signed will result in the rest of the GOP testing his definition of "fair." That should also provide some decent entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom