• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkitty

So I went to DC.

Incidentally I saw Dick Cheney and his wife at a book signing.

And then outside Union Station I walked past Bill Kristol.

It was great.

I'd expect Trump to be attacked nonstop over his taxes comments. Will be interesting to see whether a multi-billion dollar businessman can convince republicans that higher taxes on some higher earners isn't the end of the world. I doubt it but dude has been teflon so far...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'd expect Trump to be attacked nonstop over his taxes comments. Will be interesting to see whether a multi-billion dollar businessman can convince republicans that higher taxes on some higher earners isn't the end of the world. I doubt it but dude has been teflon so far...

I'm pretty confident he'll not be hurt at all by those tax comments. When republicans hear a democrat say we need to tax the rich, they think they're talking about middle class people like themselves. When a republican like trump says it, they do believe he's talking about millionaires and billionaires.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

And absolutely nothing will happen to his poll numbers.

The vast, vast majority of republican voters are lower- or middle-class and this would benefit them. The reason they haven't jumped on the "higher taxes for the rich bandwagon" is because a popular republican hasn't said it should happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom