• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a sarcastic question at all, but I've been wondering if Obama is going to be the Democratic Party's Ronald Reagan? And by that I mean seen as the gold standard for the party and idolized for decades. On an objective level he has been a phenomenal president and he is extremely popular for an outgoing president.

Yes! Of Course!

It's one of the things that tweaks guys like Ryan and McConnell. They tried so hard to fling shit on him, only to see it miss the mark and his voters, and non-voters alike, love the guy and his family.

If Obama were a White Republican with all the wins he's made hapoen in the face of complete intransigence and hatred, they'd be drawing up papers to have his face put on Mt. Rushmore.

His numbers will only increase the farther he is from his office and the daily hatred. I'm thinking 75-80% favorable in 20 years

Are you talking about Obama or Reagan?

My brain misfired and I thought he was saying Reagan was a phenomenal president, a common opinion in the US that I strongly disagree with.

Not calling Reagan phenomenal, just Obama, I'm just referring to how they're revered within the party

Yes sorry. On topic, probably, though I feel personally he is extremely classy and likable and the most decent president we have had, but perhaps not as effective as I wish he could have been. Of course, who knows what could have been done with all that obstruction.

Also, still not a fan of droning the hell out of pakistan, and I am surprised someone like him would greenlight this.

Cerium

The great thing about Obama being around for decades to come is that he'll provide the Democratic party with an elder statesman that people can look to for guidance. Part of the reason the Republicans are falling apart right now is because they have no role models, no living icons, they only have a couple Bushes who no one respects.

I'm hoping that Obama will be able to adjudicate between the moderates and the hard left. No one carries the kind of cred he does with both. The party was totally unified under his reign, but there's trouble brewing ahead.

Strimei

Polling places should be open all damn day. like 6am-11pm or 24 hours. it should be as easy as possible.

While I do agree it should be open longer, I can only imagine how tired the workers would be. Though I guess they could hire on more.

I was near dead on my sleep after working a referendum vote last year. Basically was 5 am to 9 pm as it was.

Crocodile

Watching this MSNBC panel dance around the reason Democrats can win over the PoC Working Class but not the White Working Class is lol-worthy. I get they don't want to be jerks but.........

So what are everybody's plans here for Election Day?
I'm planning in going to a popular local bar to watch the results with Twitter and GAF on my laptop.
Hopefully GA can go blue so the bar erupts down here.

Strimei

I'm planning in going to a popular local bar to watch the results with Twitter and GAF on my laptop.

Voting (my state doesn't do early voting (well, it has absentee at least), and I like to vote on election day anyway), being on call if my mother (who is working the polls) needs anything (like something to eat or if she forgot something), and then hogging the TV in the living room for the entire evening.

EUzVhyX.png

Indoctrinated into the party of hate before the age of 12.

sphagnum

Banned
This isn't a sarcastic question at all, but I've been wondering if Obama is going to be the Democratic Party's Ronald Reagan? And by that I mean seen as the gold standard for the party and idolized for decades. On an objective level he has been a phenomenal president and he is extremely popular for an outgoing president.

His legacy will be ruined when the media finds out about the chaos emeralds.

HylianTom

Banned
Wasn't she just in Ohio like an hour ago? How does the time even make sense

I know, right? The media keeps going on about how Trump is barnstorming all over the place, but she's doing pretty well for herself. (NH is her final stop for tonight)

Tomorrow, she hits Pennsylvania (Oakland and Philly), Michigan (Allendale), and North Carolina (Raleigh). Really convenient that most of her stops at this point are all in that quadrant of the country, especially since CO/NV/FL/IA are all looking decided.

Ordering a couple pizzas to either act as comfort food in the event of a bizarro world Trump win, or victory food at not returning to the dark ages.

Boke1879

I know, right? The media keeps going on about how Trump is barnstorming all over the place, but she's doing pretty well for herself. (NH is her final stop for tonight)

Tomorrow, she hits Pennsylvania (Oakland and Philly), Michigan (Allendale), and North Carolina (Raleigh). Really convenient that most of her stops at this point are all in that quadrant of the country, especially since CO/NV/FL/IA are all looking decided.

Chalk it up to a campaign that knows what the fuck it's doing.

Grym

Voting.

I'll watch some coverage starting around 9 or 10 and hope it ends early so I can get a long overdue good night of sleep

HylianTom

Banned

Tuesday morning: grocery shopping, clean house. Probably do laundry.
Tuesday afternoon: naptime. Forcing myself to take benadryl so that I can sleep for a few hours.
Tuesday evening: awaken an hour before East Coast polls close. Make a run for dinner (The Ultimate Taco Tuesday!) and dessert.

Then, I sit here with PoliGAF, chatting and trying to be calm about the pounding in my chest.

I'm all aboard the Murphy-train at this point. With the numbers we're seeing, I can't see how it doesn't happen--some ticket splitting will happen of course, but Rubio winning at this point requires assuming much more ticket splitting than I'm comfortable with. It ain't Ohio we're talking about here. ;) If anything I'm more worried about Ross than I am Murphy at this point.

Jombie

I turn it to O' Reilly for shits and giggles and he's talking about Jay Z and his lyrics and reminds everyone that he's a former "thug".

Hazmat

TheCrow

Going to vote Tuesday morning before work. Then probably start watching once the Florida polls close. Going to follow discord on phone and gaf on a laptop. I hope to find the coverage of fox news and cnn on YouTube later.

UT is nicely liberal, but there's a nasty conservative/racist streak due to being in Texas. They had to put a bunch of cameras around the statue of MLK because people kept fucking with it.

Somewhat related: I've only been to College Station once in my life for a conference, is it as politically bananas as it looks like it would be? (yes I know not talking about UT here but that OTHER texas school)

I'm all aboard the Murphy-train at this point. With the numbers we're seeing, I can't see how it doesn't happen--some ticket splitting will happen of course, but Rubio winning at this point requires assuming much more ticket splitting than I'm comfortable with. It ain't Ohio we're talking about here. ;) If anything I'm more worried about Ross than I am Murphy at this point.

we need a murphy train poll in the next thread

Also, in Duval County, Florida

Steve Schale ‏@steveschale 30m30 minutes ago Florida, USA
My win models for HRC generally have Duval at Trump +10% as a baseline.

As of today, we have a 4k vote lead in the county. We won't win the county, but he's not getting anywhere near a 10% margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom