• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LA Times poll is a legendary thing that should be treasured.

Cwme_RZWEAA8j-U.jpg

Grief.exe

Wolf's form of journalism is so outdated in the modern era. A journalist can't just take a nap while a surrogate is talking and then move onto the next statement without a fact check or prevent the pivot.

rrtyu

Neo Member
So anyone wanna take bets on whether or not trump accepts the results?

I'm leaning towards him talking a lot of shit, and then backing down a week later.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I want to listen to Rush on Wednesday morning but I fear it won't be as fun as November 2008.

:(

Probably not as fun as 2008, but 2012 was pretty great. He basically told his audience that he knew Romney was going to lose but was lying to his listeners for their own good. Lawrence O'Donnell had a pretty hilarious segment on it back then.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Michael McDonald Retweeted
Marc E. Elias ‏@marceelias 6m6 minutes ago
Marc E. Elias Retweeted Marc Caputo
WRONG: We just won this case. Polling place at Lemon City Library in Miami will be open until 9pm!Marc E. Elias added,
Marc Caputo @MarcACaputo
Frivolous suit will be tossed. A month of mail-in voting and 14 days (168 total hours) of in-person early voting will be deemed enough https://twitter.com/PatriciaMazzei/status/795412604990541825 …
0 replies 53 retweets 96 likes

Over the objections of a Politico writer lololol

Probably not as fun as 2008, but 2012 was pretty great. He basically told his audience that he knew Romney was going to lose but was lying to his listeners for their own good. Lawrence O'Donnell had a pretty hilarious segment on it back then.

IIRC, people were fearfully calling in on that morning in 2008, concerned over what the Black president might do to them and the country. Rush was doing "his best" to "console" them.

LOL

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So anyone wanna take bets on whether or not trump accepts the results?

I'm leaning towards him talking a lot of shit, and then backing down a week later.
He is going to start lawsuits about various states elections, saying there was misconduct. I don't see him giving up for a month or two.

Grym

Pence is gonna have to do the concession speech, isn't he? I just cannot conjure an image in my mind of Trump saying "I lost"

Kusagari

Do people not realize how stupid this Obama Supreme Court shit is?

You're keeping the most effective surrogate we could possibly have out of campaigning when he has decades left to give.

Ugh I just got one of those 2 minute long Trump ads. The thing is, it's probably his best ad of the election in terms of editing, but god you can just tell how much of that speech during it was edited to make him sound coherent

Diablos

He wouldn't need to run to be Speaker.

Anyone can be elected Speaker.

Even fucking Trump could be elected Speaker.
That's just it. He and Eric Holder are doing their redistricting thing after his Presidency, right? What if he builds this epic coalition that turns into a political body of sorts that influences House politics. We kind of need that. He can educate a lot of voters about the importance of the House that way.

jtb

Banned
Fuck no. This is stupid.

If anything, Obama for Speaker of the House.

why is it stupid?

i mean, I think he can do more for the party without any kind of job obligations, but as a fun thought experiment, i wouldn't mind having more elected officials on the court.

Diablos

why is it stupid?

i mean, I think he can do more for the party without any kind of job obligations, but as a fun thought experiment, i wouldn't mind having more elected officials on the court.
It's stupid because Obama is a gift to the Democratic party and most importantly this country. Putting him on the SCOTUS is a waste of his abilities. There are plenty of great judges out there who can succeed retiring or dead justices in the future who would be able to do just as good of a job, if not better, because they've been in the loop forever.

why is it stupid?

Because he couldn't campaign ever again and he would have to abstain with any ruling that his presidency has any connection with.

That's just it. He and Eric Holder are doing their redistricting thing after his Presidency, right? What if he builds this epic coalition that turns into a political body of sorts that influences House politics. We kind of need that. He can educate a lot of voters about the importance of the House that way.

This is one of the things he's going to work on, but probably not as day-to-day hands on but as a organizer for other people. I expect him to work through court challenges and through ballot initiatives and use his still-bright star to help them get critical mass.

I don't expect it will be his only goal, and honestly this is as much about saving the two party system from collapse as it is making for fairer representation.

Hazmat

why is it stupid?

People always say they want it for salty Republicans, the GOP would get down on their knees and thank the lord of whatever pit they crawled out of if the Democrats were so fucking stupid to put Obama on the court and take their most popular party leader maybe ever out of politics for the rest of his life.

It's mind-bogglingly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom