• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July 2015: Rocket League, Styx, rain, Mousecraft, Geometry Wars 3, Entwined

FDC1

Rocket league alone makes this month great. I'm very happy i didn't buy styx during the last sale, l hesitated. geometry wars 3 is also cool, isn't supposed to be cross-buy with ps4 version?

Good lord, that looks terrible.

Crazy that I've been away from my PS4 for 6 months now, and yet I don't feel like there are tons of amazing games waiting for me through PS+ when I get back. Where the hell are the games that actually top charts? The open-world games, the sports games, the shooters? What changed?

PS4 launched in 2013, it's mid 2015. More and more it looks like the glory days of PS+ are done.

Absolutely.

you do know plus launched 4 years into the ps3 cycle...

and plus covers all ps platforms.

people only look at one platform 'cause that's all they own.

Rocket League... I hate sports so anything sports related is a turn off.
Styx is trash.
I have rain already.
wtf is Mousecraft?
Geometry Wars 3, if it isn't on PS4 I don't care
Entwined, don't care.

I see this month matches up with the last...

Wow, a lot people have obviously been sleeping on Rocket League. Watch the trailer or some beta gameplay footage if you have doubts.

If I want to play football I would just play football or PES 15 or FIFA 15. Also not everyone like indies and PS+ has been nothing but indies with the exception of MGS GZ (which was basically a paid demo from a year ago) and Injustice (a PS3 port released on 2013). PS+ has been terrible at best.

MrS

Banned
Geometery Wars 3 is incredible. Anybody who hasn't played it is in for a treat. Will definitely put some time in to Rocket League

hydruxo

Man, I'm so glad that Rocket League is on PS+ because now it's going to get a huuuge boost in players. I would've bought it regardless but this is great news. Fucking incredible game, anyone who says its trash...please go play it first and I promise you'll have a blast.

chadskin

RocketLeague_awesome.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well Black Flag is on last gen also soooo
It was crossgen! lol

I mean, on the one hand you have Microsoft giving you Pool Nation for 5 months in a row. On the other hand, Sony ran out of games on all three platforms so it's indie games galore. Which is fine, except back when the service first started, they were insanely aggressive with the games that you got on PS3 and Vita. Now they know they don't have to try any more.

Rocket League... I hate sports so anything sports related is a turn off.
Styx is trash.
I have rain already.
wtf is Mousecraft?
Geometry Wars 3, if it isn't on PS4 I don't care
Entwined, don't care.

I see this month matches up with the last...
Mousecraft is fun Lemmings/Incredible Machine type game. It's just that it's been on PC for a year now.

GeoramA

Rocket League as a freebie is pretty surprising. There's a lot of buzz around it and should have sold well on its own.

Pretty great month for me, I only own rain and Entwined.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
everyone who is not going to play Rocket League does a disservice to mankind and is an awfull person.

no, but honestly, everyone try this game. it is impossible to not find it alot of fun.

Grinchy

Banned
Rocket League is the real fuckin' deal (not my gif).

FQqJZar.gif

Rain also looks pretty awesome.

Very solid month IMO.

Damn that's a crazy goal that someone pulled off there =P

I can't believe they are giving this game away for free. Now I almost feel like I have to buy the PC version just so I can say I paid for this game.

Mr. Virus

God damn the number of people who haven't heard of Rocket League.

Just watch this shit and tell me this doesn't look good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwTwB8xDRV0

Sports and driving games are two of my least favourite genres so I accept this wall of shame placement ha ha. Still, looks like a lot of people are up on it so will give it a spin.

Yep. It's an artsy game so it's more about how it makes you feel than how it plays, so if that sounds appealing I think you'll enjoy it.

Works for me, cheers!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It was crossgen! lol

I mean, on the one hand you have Microsoft giving you Pool Nation for 5 months in a row. On the other hand, Sony ran out of games on all three platforms so it's indie games galore. Which is fine, except back when the service first started, they were insanely aggressive with the games that you got on PS3 and Vita. Now they know they don't have to try any more.
I hope they continue to not try with something of the quality of Rocket League.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm happy with Rain, been meaning to play that. Rocket League is fun, but wow I sucked bad at the beta lol!

The others I'm not too familar with or already own.

I am kind of in the same camp as those who want's to pay for Rocket League. I suspect Sony gives a developer a good chunk of money to put it out for free and I will love the fact the player base is huge. Between that and Planetside2 I am enjoying gaming at little to no cost these days!

myco666

Rocket League?! That is super great! Was going to buy it anyways. Hopefully there will be more players now that it is free.

Hexa

It was crossgen! lol

Back when the service started and for the first two years iirc they only have away PS1 games and minis.

Elandyll

Banned
It's an ok month for me thanks to Rocket League and Entwined (which I always wanted to try), but ... Why on Earth no Geometry Wars 3 on PS4?

That would have made a great lineup!

Griss

you do know plus launched 4 years into the ps3 cycle...

and plus covers all ps platforms.

people only look at one platform 'cause that's all they own.

I own all three, my good friend. And yet I feel like I was getting more value out of the service when it was just PS3 and Vita. I was certainly getting more games I enjoyed.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Another terrible month. Can't wait until my PS+ sub is over. Given the fact that i barely play online on PS4 anyway, i doubt i'll renew.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I can't believe they are giving this game away for free. Now I almost feel like I have to buy the PC version just so I can say I paid for this game.

i will do exactly that.
these guys deserve every money they can get.
this game is everything gaming should be.

If I want to play football I would just play football or PES 15 or FIFA 15. Also not everyone like indies and PS+ has been nothing but indies with the exception of MGS GZ (which was basically a paid demo from a year ago) and Injustice (a PS3 port released on 2013). PS+ has been terrible at best.

It's a completely different game than FIFA besides the fact they're both based on soccer. The 'not everyone likes indies' argument is hilarious since it's used so often and I still don't know what people mean by it. If Activision published these games would they be good?

BShadowJ

Damn that's a crazy goal that someone pulled off there =P

My PC is broken right now. Even if it wasn't it would barely run the game. Still gonna buy it on PC. THAT'S HOW HYPED I AM

Krakn3Dfx

And people expected Knack. lol

I don't think Sony will ever do a full retail PS4 game. Even Microsoft got Black Flag this month at least.

There's a retail PS4 game on PS Plus right now. Also Injustice was a Plus game.

This list is a piece of shit compared to Xbox Games with Gold.

34 posts, longer than I thought it would take.

Never heard of Rocket League, I'll check it out, I don't think I have any of these games, so decent month for me.

Alright. I'll admit, I was less than enthused when I read the titles. But even without a PS4 (yet), I was interested in trying Rain, Geometry Wars, and Entwined. So this will work.

v1lla21

Rocket league!!! I was going to buy it anyways so I'm pretty happy we get it for free. Good thing people are willing to give it a try. Guys we need to set up a tournament.

Top Bottom