• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July 2015: Rocket League, Styx, rain, Mousecraft, Geometry Wars 3, Entwined

Tsosie

I am pumped about Rocket League. I missed the Beta because it was not on my radar. All of the gameplay that I have seen from E3 looks fantastic. Hopefully being on PS Plus will help the online community thrive.

tanuki

OMG, after playing the beta, I was so prepared to buy Rocket League day one. Free is beautiful. Can't wait.

Tratorn

Rocket League makes this the best PS+ ever, nice! :)
Everyone who doesn't know it, should try it. You won't play anything else for a while.

Rocket League is the real fuckin' deal (not my gif).

FQqJZar.gif

Rain also looks pretty awesome.

Very solid month IMO.

Holy shit the guy just scored on a volley jumping before the mid-field... WHAT?!

It's a completely different game than FIFA besides the fact they're both based on soccer. The 'not everyone likes indies' argument is hilarious since it's used so often and I still don't know what people mean by it. If Activision published these games would they be good?

GFG is getting Black Flag, one of the best (if not the best) assassins creed games, meanwhile PS+ got Rocket soccer or whatever which is most likely an american studio take on Soccer because "soccer can't be fun on its own, you have to have big trucks or whatever"

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Rocket League blowing up on next Tuesday. Boo to all the "meh" people. Rocket League is god damn gotg.

GeeTeeCee

Ugh, reading the comments on the EU blog saying it's an awful month.

Rocket League is better than most of the retail games I've played in recent memory.

Bahlor

Oh my god... what a great month... and Rocket League is totally awesome... was going to buy it anyway, it's such an awesome game. Didn't have as much fun as with RL in years.

WITHE1982

Damn that's a crazy goal that someone pulled off there =P

I can't believe they are giving this game away for free. Now I almost feel like I have to buy the PC version just so I can say I paid for this game.

There's gonna be some purely cosmetic stuff in game you can buy. I'm gonna drop a few £ on them as I think the developers deserve it. Fantastic game.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
GFG is getting Black Flag, one of the best (if not the best) assassins creed games, meanwhile PS+ got Rocket soccer or whatever which is most likely an american studio take on Soccer because "soccer can't be fun on its own, you have to have big trucks or whatever"
Trying way too hard.

I can't even remember the name of the game in the thread title or in the hundred posts because I make the joke about the americans and the cars and the soccer (lol it's called football.)

BShadowJ

Sports and driving games are two of my least favourite genres so I accept this wall of shame placement ha ha. Still, looks like a lot of people are up on it so will give it a spin.

Well ok, at least we managed to convince you to try it! :) If you still don't like it, then I'll be ok with it. But really since it's free, EVERYONE should give it a spin. Even though it's "sports" and "cars", really, it's a SUPER fun game, especially with friends (or fellow GAF members :p). There were lots of people during the beta that weren't sure about it, gave it a spin and loved it. So really, do try!

Jigolo

Sony better be paying the Rocket League devs well because they are missing out on a ton of money by putting this on PS+

Grinchy

Banned
i will do exactly that.
these guys deserve every money they can get.
this game is everything gaming should be.

My PC is broken right now. Even if it wasn't it would barely run the game. Still gonna buy it on PC. THAT'S HOW HYPED I AM

lol maybe we'll have to do a PC version giveaway thread

I have a nice PC that could easily run the game, but I read that they won't be able to do cross platform parties at launch so I can't see myself getting away from PS4

Ardenyal

Im glad Rocket League is PS+, good to see so many people playing it. Also doesn't it have PC cross compatibility aswell? should mean a healthy community for a long time to come.

Stealth50

Rocket League is probably the most fun I've ever had playing a multiplayer game on console. So happy that it's on plus so that it can bless as many people as possible with its brilliance.

Vanguard

Just to try and emphasise my enthusiasm for rocket league, I hate football (soccer) with a passion and the majority of sports (including sports games) in general. I was cautious of it at first, but whatever it was a beta so no harm trying.

After one match in the beta (with friends), day one. I. Love. Rocket. League.

Never seen Rocket League until this point but now I want it. I remember being mildly interested in Styx at one point too, and I nearly bought Entwined when it released last year. Good month for me.

So pumped for Rocket League!!

Geometry Wars 3 is only the best twin stick shooter ever. Play this game!

Rain - it is one of those puzzles are easy more about the ambiguous story type games. Very Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons but not even that good.

Entwined - I gave up on this game after 15 minutes as it was unfun.

Mousecraft - This game is the epitome of mediocre games. Not the worst puzzle platformer but defiantly not the best.

Sounds like you're already sold on it before even giving it a chance. Kinda unfortunate, but whatever. Enjoy Black Flag. Personally I got burned out on Assassin's Creed after ACII-2.

brainslug

Pretty weak month for me.

Never even heard of Rocket League, but it doesn't look like something I would enjoy. I will try it though.

Top Bottom