• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Leak] New Titanfall 2's poster and info

Lunar15

Can't see where a grappling hook adds a whole lot, when the game was already extremely mobile. As a pilot, you could basically fly across the entire map in two seconds.

Keasar

Can't see where a grappling hook adds a whole lot, when the game was already extremely mobile. As a pilot, you could basically fly across the entire map in two seconds.
Maybe not but~

cFkCBVD.gif

Grappling hook!

Hip Hop

Imagine grappling hooks helping you to turn around the other way while wall riding so you don't lose any speed. Or for faster engagement in wall riding.

At least I hope that is how they are utilized.

Jito

Banned
We're now up to the Titans were too weak? You can tell who didn't know how to manage their shields properly.

xRaizen

We're now up to the Titans were too weak? You can tell who didn't know how to manage their shields properly.
Yeah I always played as the medium tier titan and I never felt it was too weak. I consistently got on 5+ killstreaks when I called in my Titan.. Just have to strafe a lot.

i just dont understand why people are clamouring for a campaign. it will be a mediocre 4/5 hour shitfest that most wont touch anyway + takes away resources from the multiplayer. seriously who buys games like battlefield/cod for campaign

anyway, this all sounds great. grappling hook is very interesting, i hope the maps are not bigger or the player count on attrition. they should really make a pilot vs pilot mode though and design smaller maps around that playlist just for variety.

Waaghals

i just dont understand why people are clamouring for a campaign. it will be a mediocre 4/5 hour shitfest that most wont touch anyway + takes away resources from the multiplayer. seriously who buys games like battlefield/cod for campaign

anyway, this all sounds great. grappling hook is very interesting, i hope the maps are not bigger or the player count on attrition. they should really make a pilot vs pilot mode though and design smaller maps around that playlist just for variety.

A lot of people. Millions of people buy these games for the SP. The Halo series, for instance, was traditionally split 50/50. It is probably less than that for COD and especially BF, but there is a good reasons these games still come with SP.

I do agree that there is a danger that the campaign won't be all that good, though.

A lot of people. Millions of people buy these games for the SP. The Halo series, for instance, was traditionally split 50/50. It is probably less than that for COD and especially BF, but there is a good reasons these games still come with SP.

I do agree that there is a danger that the campaign won't be all that good, though.

halo is a different beast as it has always had a critically acclaimed campaign + continuing stories. even cod to an extent as games like cod 2 were purchased primarily for the campaign.

bf is the perfect comparison, i would like to know how many play the campaign. it is just so bloody pointless

This is one of this generations new IPs and it has the potential for much more interesting lore, it would be nice to have things expanded upon. The problem for me with something like Battlefield is the singleplayer story has basically no relevance at all to the multiplayer, so it's very pointless if it doesn't tell an interesting story, but i still end up playing them just because it's there.

SwolBro

Banned
You forgot the 40mm Cannon.

That weapon was the entire Titan meta.

um, no. i think you are mistaking what is popular for what is overpowered and unbalanced. The 40mm is a skill based weapon. A lot of people use it because of this reason. Once you master the 40 you can do all types of combat effectively, but you still have to master it and you still have to be good with it.

Unlike the arc cannon which doesn't take much to completely dominate all other weapons vs pilots and titans alike. You can still outplay 2 titans wielding 40s, you cannot outplay 2 titans wielding arc cannons.

MiguelItUp

I'm really excited about hearing more about this. The idea of mixing the parkour elements with a grappling hook sounds like a lot of fun. I also love the idea of being able to use the grappling hook as a weapon.

I am so down. I don't play many multiplayer games anymore but Titanfall is legitimate. I hope there is a single player campaign this time too.

Well stoked for this. As someone who doesn't normally play FPS, I loved it. They need to include the following (I know some has been confirmed already):

1. A FULL SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN
  2. Bots were a great way to feel included in battle whilst learning the ropes. Keep them.
  3. Have a bot-free mode as an option, but keep them in others
  4. Less screen-tearing. It wasn't a deal breaker by any means, but did jar on occasion.
  5. Keep the eject and continue mechanic. It really made the games last longer because you felt like you got a second chance to get away when your titan was KIA. It felt like a free-pass.
  6. More clearly definable enemies (like they do in Halo MP). I lost count of the times I sprayed bullets at allies because I thought they were enemies. I'm constantly doing that in MP games other than Halo/Gears. it doesn;t have to be bright blue/red mechs, but that light grey/dark green last time around was not distinguishable enough from a distance.
  7. More melee weapons for titans
  8. More melee moves for titans. Possible even special moves
  9. Titan execution moves
  10. A wall running/climbing titan model
  11. A jumping/flying titan
  12. Titans that can combine into larger super-titans, allowing players to play co-op in a new way

Hire this man/woman.

The two bolded above are the most wanted wishlist items for me. Especially the clearly defined enemies/colours like Halo.

I think the artwork sort of confirms this one: A wall running/climbing titan model

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
More clearly definable enemies (like they do in Halo MP). I lost count of the times I sprayed bullets at allies because I thought they were enemies. I'm constantly doing that in MP games other than Halo/Gears. it doesn;t have to be bright blue/red mechs, but that light grey/dark green last time around was not distinguishable enough from a distance.

Amen!

Top Bottom