• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimora hasn't said a damn word so far.

Valentina's unveiled behavior reminds me of how Willam has described Ru in the past. Completely different personality as soon as the camera is rolling.

I am loving this except the Nina segment. I am so sick of her! She should have never made it on the show honestly. She could end up reinforcing a lot of insecurities in LGBT youth. Why does Ru love her so much?

Yado

I am loving this except the Nina segment. I am so sick of her! She should have never made it on the show honestly. She could end up reinforcing a lot of insecurities in LGBT youth. Why does Ru love her so much?

She's funny and talented, why shouldn't she be on the show?

WonderzL

Banned

Because Nina suffers from the exact insecurities you are talking about. We should acknowledge the issue instead of brushing it away

royalan

I don't give a fuck.

This is TV.

If people are that sensitive. Don't watch it.

Nina is talented and, flaws and all, deserved to be there and will go down as one of the most memorable queens to be on the show.

I'm sorry, but I've seen this criticism so much and, maybe I'm old, but I don't think all of entertainment should be held hostage by the fear that it might make someone feel insecure. Nina is a real person, sharing her REAL insecurities. I'm not at all down with the idea that TV should shy away from showing real people be vulnerable.

Shizuka

Her personality got in the way of me wanting to see more of her. Bitch could be the most talented queen on the show, I was done with her by the third episode.

She's funny and talented, why shouldn't she be on the show?

Exactly. Her self sabotage doesnt take away her talent.

I used to watch her on FB and youtube. I cannot deny her talent. However I am honestly starting to believe her "humor" is a manifestation of some pathology. I think people take her reads as nipping, but I think its more to it. And like I said part of being on the show is informing and influence the community at large. That responsibility is beyond her.

EDIT:
I'm sorry, but I've seen this criticism so much and, maybe I'm old, but I don't think all of entertainment should be held hostage by the fear that it might make someone feel insecure. Nina is a real person, sharing her REAL insecurities. I'm not at all down with the idea that TV should shy away from showing real people be vulnerable.

Ummm.....I'm just saying some may think what she is doing is playing the game, but she is not, she is not in control, clearly. Its perfectly fine that she acknowledge her insecurity but not her paranoia? And its just my opinion....please don't come for my head, I'm not coming for hers, she stuck her neck out there and pulled the chain on the guillotine herself.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
tenor.gif

That's implying if she's even going to want to do it anymore after how badly they character assassinated her

What assassination? She is gonna be even more popular than she was already. S9 was about Valentina, and some of these girls cant handle that.

Rayis

What assassination? She is gonna be even more popular than she was already. S9 was about Valentina, and some of these girls cant handle that.

I guess character assassination was a misnomer, but depending on how bad the backlash is against her, she might feel it not worth competing again, either way, it seems like people are living for "Villaintina"

Valentina stans should chill out a bit and enjoy the drama for what it is. sweeties...

I mean, I've even seen some people say that RuPaul has encouraged bullying against her and that she might be scarred for life. lol

As Naomi Smalls had said, "Sad to think I was LIVING at the reunion while Valentina was dying"

Holmes

Because she's sickening and forward thinking. I'm sorry you can't handle people with depression!

HowZatOZ

Banned
Holy shit this episode wasn't shade at all but pure vitriol. Damnnnnnnnnnn. If what Fara was saying was true then that's fucked up, why dog your friend for petty online fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom