• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

This. Is there even a pack description on US Live and PS Store?

Individual pack name or SP? Theres a listing on PSN for the SP but no individual pack information within it.

Edit: Its up on Xbox Live marketplace with a place holder price still. It says SK in the description and has the same costume count as the PSN listing.

https://store.xbox.com/en-HK/Xbox-O...ume-Pass/88341a81-68d6-4d4f-a10d-d671aaba3f16

Edit 2: Weird... When you search the US site it still brings up the SEA region listing when you click on it. Investigating.

SerTapTap

Takaki confirmed for Xbox fanboy?

DOA has been Xbox-focused since the Dreamcast died

What do you guys think about Hibari.

If it weren't for Minori she'd possibly be the worst character. Dangerously, she almost got interesting in Versus with her whole mind control/forced into ninjaness thing then they completely forget it forever. Her whole "I don't want to fight" *actually ends up fighting as much as anyone else without proper motivation or reason* thing is terrible and I don't like her personality in general. She's also the worst part of Yaguu's personality, who would be cool otherwise (and also if she didn't eat squid--that's weird, you have a squid friend, WTF girl)

I actually generally really like cute things/characters, IMO Minori/Hibari are just very bad and out of place. And it's not like SK is super serious to begin with either...

Puruzi

Banned
If it weren't for Minori she'd possibly be the worst character. Dangerously, she almost got interesting in Versus with her whole mind control/forced into ninjaness thing then they completely forget it forever. Her whole "I don't want to fight" *actually ends up fighting as much as anyone else without proper motivation or reason* thing is terrible and I don't like her personality in general. She's also the worst part of Yaguu's personality, who would be cool otherwise (and also if she didn't eat squid--that's weird, you have a squid friend, WTF girl)

I actually generally really like cute things/characters, IMO Minori/Hibari are just very bad and out of place. And it's not like SK is super serious to begin with either...

What is this entire post. It's totally wrong :C

SerTapTap

I hate kids and that's basically Minori's entire (lack of) personality. Plus there's games with like, actual young kids that are less kiddy and annoying than her.

I hate kids and that's basically Minori's entire (lack of) personality. Plus there's games with like, actual young kids that are less kiddy and annoying than her.

Well i have to agree with that .

But at least minori personality is on purpose.. she is playingh straight into the kind of character she is supposed to be.

hibari however is this kind of dullness behind most of her actions that make her lose any appeal as a character

RE: DoA's season pass: the PSN version has a generic description, while the Xbone version specifies what's included. Don't ask why. There's no reason to assume that the content will be different between the versions, though, so I'd fully expect the Senran costumes are heading to both versions.

RE: DoA's season pass: the PSN version has a generic description, while the Xbone version specifies what's included. Don't ask why. There's no reason to assume that the content will be different between the versions, though, so I'd fully expect the Senran costumes are heading to both versions.

Hopefully we will see a press release for the Season Pass soon. I thought there was supposed to be a trailer for it but im not sure. They may have meant the launch trailer.

Vylash

this whole post... good god

bobohoro

To break the chain of silly one-liners:

I really don't care for Hibari. I'm not playing Senran Kagura for any cute, moe or some such things, but because I really do think they have some strong characterisation going at times and they manage to entertain. Hibari does neither. She doesn't fit into the group dynamic, the overall storyline, she doesn't even feel at home in her own backstory, Hibari is just kinda there and every attempt to make her more essential to the game's world comes off as forced and makes me further not care about her.

Same thing with Minori to a degree, but at least she doesn't drag down other more interesting characters and has a wacky but fun moveset.

SerTapTap

I really don't care for Hibari. I'm not playing Senran Kagura for any cute, moe or some such things, but because I really do think they have some strong characterisation going at times and they manage to entertain. Hibari does neither.

For literally one fight/segment of a chapter they tried. Then they just totally abandoned it and went back to wifey wifey Yaguu stuff. There's definite consistency problems in the writing, I think Hibari & Yaguu are just a particularly stark example of it. But generally speaking there's a weird balance of serious past backstory, mostly silly interactions in the present, then the "gotta cram some story in" bookends at the beginning/end of each full story.

I don't really mind the discrepancy entirely as I enjoy both the silly and the backstory, but they're not graceful transitions and they mostly forget the backstory within minutes. The major exceptions were the Hejibo and Crimson Squad storylines in Versus.

Edit: also I like Miyabi, unlike seemingly many people. Her story is actually more interesting than it seems, she isn't just an "edgy" character.

I love Miyabi, except for the whole bifauxnen thing they have going on. I'm sorry that just does not work with boobs that big. Was disappointed that's yet again the joke in the cooking game. She should just be a cold badass without this "people think I'm a guy" thing.
This is how you bifauxnen (Kei from Neptunia):
tumblr_mz0vc6eBQI1rg3jqxo1_500.png

Demoskinos

Oh a community thread finally. Awesome!

Also going to chime in and say if those DOA5 costumes don't come to North America I'm going to be severely disappointed. I'm already having fantasies of playing as Christie in Hikage gear.

Puruzi

Banned
Puruzi reacting to this avatar post but not to mine, disappointed! :|

And I'm contemplating to play SK: Burst first now that I have a new 3DS and play SV English after :eek:

What, I didn't realize that you posted anything about my avatar :<

My b.

Also Burst is pretty fun, you should play it first.

Vylash

Burst is only tolerable if it's your first SK game, i can't imagine playing it after SV, though everyone should experience the Hebijo story since it's great

Chrom

Burst was never localized, right? SV was the first localized SK?

Heh, of course not. The one that wasn't was the original Senran Kagura on 3DS from 2011 (not Burst, which is an expansion of that game).

I believe there's an interview somewhere saying that Takaki and Xseed were actually interested in localizing that one, but at the time with Burst on the horizon, they reconsidered and chose to debut the series outside of Japan with Burst instead. Makes sense, really.

SerTapTap

Burst was download only in US, but got a retail release in EU.

IIRC the EU packaging is actually lewder than the JP original, too.

Burst is only tolerable if it's your first SK game, i can't imagine playing it after SV, though everyone should experience the Hebijo story since it's great

I guess I should have started on Hebijo, I played 2 chapters of Hanzo and a tiny bit of Hebijo and was burnt out. Platinumed SV.

Everytime I see his name I say Paizuri.

I read it like that too but I didn't want to say anything

If you buy the pass you still get those outfits. On PS4, Don't fret.
Also DOA on xbox is an abortion atm. XD

Yeah, the problems with it on Xbox is ten fold what it is on Playstation. Ive had to close and reboot a couple times but nothing serious on PS4. For some reason when I play Survival I have problems pressing X to continue to restart or change arenas / settings.

Burst was download only in US, but got a retail release in EU.

Know of any retailers with copies still available ?

I read it like that too but I didn't want to say anything

Its okay. Were all here for Life and Hometown anyways... :l

Eolz

Oh a community thread finally. Awesome!

Also going to chime in and say if those DOA5 costumes don't come to North America I'm going to be severely disappointed. I'm already having fantasies of playing as Christie in Hikage gear.

Shinobi outfit (low pants) or casual (tight sweater)?

Know of any retailers with copies still available?

Lots, I think they made a bit too many copies. Your best bet however is Rice Digital, you can get the "collector" edition for cheap (3D poster and shirt).

Lots, I think they made a bit too many copies. Your best bet however is Rice Digital, you can get the "collector" edition for cheap (3D poster and shirt).

Where are they located? EU or JP? Last JP shipment I got was a freakin' nightmare. Now I remember why I never used Ebay before, but hopefully my SK SV LE will be here tomorrow after traveling around the world the last 30+ days...

SerTapTap

I wonder how much of current shipping woes are that west coast strike. I've got at least a couple shipments that are a bit late and a few more that might be affected if this continues and the strike is relevant to those shipments.

Eolz

Where are they located? EU or JP? Last JP shipment I got was a freakin' nightmare. Now I remember why I never used Ebay before, but hopefully my SK SV LE will be here tomorrow after traveling around the world the last 30+ days...

They are in the UK. You can find copies on amazon UK too btw.

Demoskinos

I'd have to imagine the costumes they'll put out are the Shinobi costumes. Some of their casual clothes are fun but the shinobi outfits are kind of the iconic look for all of them.

Theres already alot of the casual sweater / skirt combos in DOA. Most of them came standard as unlocks. Id rather see something a little more... exotic... :l

Sounds like a good decision to me. You haven't played Burst before, have you? I hope you like it.

Well I started it on my old 3DS, noticed it's the only 3DS game that gave me hand-cramps and then shelved it for later :/ And okay alright if you say that I'll see how the new 3DS fares, I sure liked the premise when I played it the first time so aslong as my hands are fine I can see me liking it :)

What, I didn't realize that you posted anything about my avatar :<

My b.

Also Burst is pretty fun, you should play it first.

It's okay I'm just kidding, I hid my avatar mention in a spoiler too so it was easy to miss :p And alright will do! :D

Top Bottom