• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Might have been SAL? I don't even think my tracking info is updating since it left Japan. I guess I'll use EMS...how pricy is that though? Expedited (not sure what format) from two different sellers on Amazon was $55 per packet--almost doubling my order if I took it, screw that.

I always use EMS, its just a few dollars more usually and they are super fast. Everythign goes by air. If not EMS use SAL registered, even then though its only usually like $3-5 cheaper. I always want my stuff fast so I use that.

SerTapTap

Yeah it was SAL Registered--I think I've always used that. Was disappointed Amazon's japanese sellers didn't have that as an option--just free, unregistered, uninsured or $55, cost-of-the-whole-damn-item "expedited" I wasn't going to pay for. If EMS isn't crazy I'll just use that for future orders.

Amazon's spoiled me, I'm not used to all this waiting and lack of insurance and pricing

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Might have been SAL? I don't even think my tracking info is updating since it left Japan. I guess I'll use EMS...how pricy is that though? Expedited (not sure what format) from two different sellers on Amazon was $55 per packet--almost doubling my order if I took it, screw that.

SAL takes 2-3 weeks. Because of the labor strikes, things have been taking longer than usual. When I ship SAL, it takes me almost always 2 weeks on the dot (I live on the East Coast). A recent shipment took me over 3 weeks because of the issues with the labor strikes.

If you want a quick shipment, go EMS. You pay for the speed, and get it within 3-7 days.

Amazon's spoiled me, I'm not used to all this waiting and lack of insurance and pricing

When you're importing, the standards are going to be different, unfortunately. Luckily, everything is also cheaper there because of the weak yen right now.

SerTapTap

Yeah, selfishly, weak yen isn't bad at all. I should buy some PSN yen cards. But on Amazon what is/isn't in the US is baffling sometimes. I was looking at Rin/Len nendoroids. Rin was prime 2 day shipping from the US, Len is 55 days from Japan. And both have tons of offers so it's not just one person that happens to have them in the US/Japan.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, selfishly, weak yen isn't bad at all. I should buy some PSN yen cards. But on Amazon what is/isn't in the US is baffling sometimes. I was looking at Rin/Len nendoroids. Rin was prime 2 day shipping from the US, Len is 55 days from Japan. And both have tons of offers so it's not just one person that happens to have them in the US/Japan.

I don't think Japanese PSN cards work in the U.S.

What is available in the U.S. depends entirely on the distributor. Good Smile Company has local distribution, so you'll see the figures available on Amazon (at generally higher prices than importing). Kotobukiya also has local distribution, so you'll see bishoujo figures available on Amazon as well, often cheaper than importing.

What is available in the U.S. depends entirely on the distributor. Good Smile Company has local distribution, so you'll see the figures available on Amazon (at generally higher prices than importing). Kotobukiya also has local distribution, so you'll see bishoujo figures available on Amazon as well, often cheaper than importing.

You can set up both PS3 / PS4 to have dual accounts. Both of my systems have an EN an JP account attached to them. Theres a good tutorial out that Kotaku did quite awhile back thats still relatively current.

SerTapTap

Tons of good smile stuff is JP only as well though unfortunately. JP PSN cards work fine on JP accounts I'm pretty sure. I made an account a while ago to claim a DLC, was pretty easy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Tons of good smile stuff is JP only as well though unfortunately. JP PSN cards work fine on JP accounts I'm pretty sure. I made an account a while ago to claim a DLC, was pretty easy.

You can set up both PS3 / PS4 to have dual accounts. Both of my systems have an EN an JP account attached to them. Theres a good tutorial out that Kotaku did quite awhile back thats still relatively current.

I didn't realize you were trying to get them working on a Japanese account. That makes sense, then.

Calm down ;.we probably won't get any info before march 2015 ....

=[ But...but...I wanna know now...The games out today...

Rin and Daidouji will def get. Asuka will get. Ikaruga and Murakamo could also get (The girls who have a theme that matches doa will def get something)

Pretty sure itll be:

Asuka = Kasumi
Ikaruga = Momiji
Christie = Miyabi
Katsu = Rachel, Honoka or Tina
Ryobi could also be Honoka or Tina.

Not sure about the other ones. I think it said 16 costumes? Theres not that many female fighters in DOA I dont think....

Kasumi, Hitomi, Rachel, Ayane, Momiji, Lei Fang, Helena, Pai, Sarah, La Maripossa, Tina, Nyotengu, Honoka, Phase 4, Marie Rose... who am I forgetting? Guess theres more than I thought.

Edit: Mila.

Edit 2: Suzunne would be a good fit for Helena.

Eolz

Marie is obviously Mirai. Honoka might be Hibari (butt stomp attack) or Yomi.
Ikaruga will probably be a costume for Kokoro though. Momiji could be getting Yagyu or something.

Just finished Bon Appetit. Lot of fun but with this being my first in the genre hard to say much more. Doubt I would have finished it if it wasn't for the stories and of course the fact that it's SK. Tempted to start SK2 now. Shame I won't have any idea what the story is. :p

Any pointers from those that have played the import?

Eolz

Pointers for SK2?
If you played Burst, it's basically the same controls (apart from R replacing A to dash/aerial rave, and A being there for tag I think).
Press A for the first menus/options (create save, etc). The main room has the usual layout. Choosing missions is the first option I think, and there's the challenge mode a bit lower.
Switching characters in the main room is a bit different (you have two options when you talk to them).

Honestly, you can try things without problems in the main room with A to valid, and B to cancel.
Pretty intuitive if it's not your first SK game.

Edit: also the story starts a bit before Burst's ending, I think it retcons some things once again. You can more or less understand the prologue afterwards (demons, crimson squad starting the runaway life, etc). A bit more complex afterwards, but enjoy dialogues/cutscenes.

SerTapTap

What are the colored seals on the level select menu in SK2? Red green blue. I assume red is hard and maybe green is easy?

ShinMaruku

=[ But...but...I wanna know now...The games out today...

Pretty sure itll be:

Asuka = Kasumi
Ikaruga = Momiji
Christie = Miyabi
Katsu = Rachel, Honoka or Tina
Ryobi could also be Honoka or Tina.

Not sure about the other ones. I think it said 16 costumes? Theres not that many female fighters in DOA I dont think....

Kasumi, Hitomi, Rachel, Ayane, Momiji, Lei Fang, Helena, Pai, Sarah, La Maripossa, Tina, Nyotengu, Honoka, Phase 4, Marie Rose... who am I forgetting? Guess theres more than I thought.

Edit: Mila.

Edit 2: Suzunne would be a good fit for Helena.
Nyo Tengu and Rachel would fit Daidouji.
Miyabi could get Phase 4 not sure about Christie, I think Lisa would fit her. Matter of fact I'd kill for Homura to get the Venus.

SerTapTap

Region three stopped working, WTF. Anyone got any ideas? Right after the transfer to the barely-upgraded new3DS and it stops working. Ugh. I don't even think I had to update the old 3DS.

Region three stopped working, WTF. Anyone got any ideas? Right after the transfer to the barely-upgraded new3DS and it stops working. Ugh. I don't even think I had to update the old 3DS.

Hmm can you explain a bit more detailed what exactly happened and what you did?

SerTapTap

Hmm can you explain a bit more detailed what exactly happened and what you did?

Exploit still worked after 9.0.5 or whatever update that enabled 3DS ->N3DS transfer.
Transferred 3DS XL that was working with the exploit ~a week ago.
Loaded up the (sort of) factory-wiped 3DS XL after the transfer process, SK2 is still in the slot
Load up launcher.dat onto a cleaned SD card
Load up browser to the exploit page with the launcher SD card like I have 10 times before
Browser crashes to a "an error has occurred" page.
Game doesn't launch. QR code, bookmark and direct URL entry to the exploit page all have the same issue.

Doesn't it only work on the non-"new" models?

I'm doing it on the old one

Exploit still worked after 9.0.5 or whatever update that enabled 3DS ->N3DS transfer.
Transferred 3DS XL that was working with the exploit ~a week ago.
Loaded up the (sort of) factory-wiped 3DS XL after the transfer process, SK2 is still in the slot
Load up launcher.dat onto a cleaned SD card
Load up browser to the exploit page with the launcher SD card like I have 10 times before
Browser crashes to a "an error has occurred" page.
Game doesn't launch. QR code, bookmark and direct URL entry to the exploit page all have the same issue.

I'm doing it on the old one

Ah okay I'm not too knowledgble about 3DS homebrew so the only advice I can give, format the SD card freshly (not sure if you meant that with "cleaned") SD cards can be very fickle about their filesystem integrity. And even though the unit is factory reset still clean the browser cache for a good measure, maybe some initial setup data messed with it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
never got the lewd mousepad thing, they always look uncomfortable
They're suppose to prevent carpel tunnel syndrome. I'm sure I've seen plenty of those gel mousepads a while back, just with plain designs. Though I use a laptop, so I have no use for one.

about £39.88 in total, that was the auction price of 2800 Yen and then all of the added costs and shipping fees from Buyee, but then I got screwed over with the custom fees here in the UK
£6 in added vat and then.. a £13.50 handling fee from the courier,so it all came to about £60 total, argh. x.x

All the ones on eBay are stupid expensive. I want one but I don't wanna pay an ungodly amount of money for one. A friend of mine has a Kasumi one ( fav DoA char ) he's not even gonna use and he won't give it to me. It's just sitting on his shelf. He wants me to pay like 180$ for it... No way. Blackmail for a titty mousepad...

SerTapTap

Okay damn it I just forgot to start download play before trying region three--old 3DS is booted into SK2. And will probably never leave it unless I get a second Japanese 3DS game I guess.

There we go.

Is there a high res source for that background image? Is it actually 1080 (or more) pixels tall?

Also did you get those figures recently? I'd love to get ahold of them for <$100 but ebay listings have grown sparse.

I noticed those mouse pads on amiami--all sold out of course, lol

Thank god I didn't buy a new 3DS then, phew

Well the initial shipments still come with Firmware 9.0 and Gateway supposedly plans to release a <=9.2 exploit for the new 3DS soon so you still could buy a new 3DS now and wait till the exploit for 9.5 Emunand is released to do a system transfer. I sadly couldn't wait because GameStop here only did trade-ins for two days and the price was too good to pass up D: This is of course assuming that the new 3DS exploit supports RegionThree or similar when it comes out! Simple homebrew works on the new 3DS already albeit sound-less for now.

Also, Tsubomi! :eek:

There we go.

That's a nice workstation you have there :p And great triple-screen wallpaper!

Chrom

Marvelous Europe just promised that tomorrow they'll be posting a translation of that video interview with Miyabi's VA (name?) from the other day. How fun! I hope they continue doing this with any other future interviews.

SerTapTap

I...kinda need that high res art to do this as well. I only have dual monitors though.

Join us, friend. I love having three. One or two fullscreen windowed games, chat/twitter/youtube on the other, or for programming/design, or have one with HDMI plugged in for playing consoles at your PC desk. It's heavenly. My dream monitor is a triple wide that can accept the same or different inputs in 3 quadrants but with no bezel

Top Bottom