• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Personally, the biggest thing I want from multiplayer is 1v1. I have no idea why it's based around 2v2 or 4 player free-for-all. I'd challenge friends for 1v1 but I have no interest in 4 or 10 player matches, that's just random shit happening.

If SV had a good 1v1 mode I'd still play it. I think 2v2 is fine but 1v1 would be amazing.

SerTapTap

i just started the second game on 3DS thanks to the region free trick
OMG, this game is fast
its like 60 FPS or something
comparing it to the first one , its like the first one played in 20 FPS

start playing then i got to use 2 characters
now i don't know where to go , i wish i can know some japanese

I haven't really gotten into 2, it seems far superior to Burst but the camera's a bit awkward and chasing the green flash seems almost impossible, never once gotten it to work right. Not sure what the deal is. Never had a problem with the timing on Burst or Versus.

If SV had a good 1v1 mode I'd still play it. I think 2v2 is fine but 1v1 would be amazing.

I really don't understand why there isn't one. Almost all boss fights in game are 1v1

Jathaine

I can definitely agree with the want for a good 1v1 mode.
I've just been having to make do with what basically amounts to Final Destination and set 2 CPUs to Lv1.

Its kind of annoying because oft-times the other player will just run to try to beat up on one of the dummy NPCs.

Bold 1: I got invited to a Ubi event two years ago for Splinter Cell and one this last year at E3 for The Division. They treated me like I was one of their own family members. They didnt address me by my last name. It was all first name basis like we were friends for years. It was a very nice experience. Sledgehammer did the same thing at E3. They loved getting group pictures and they all were excited when I asked them to sign my Modern Warfare 3, "Ive never done an autograph before! This is sweet!"

I do alot of media and voluntary QA work, but I like to have fun as well. It just makes it a better overall experience when you can cut through the crap with NDAs and waivers and just get down to games and have fun. Ive made suggestions in pre-alpha stages of games that get implemented in full retail. When you see the differences its astounding, especially to know that you were the one who raised your hand and asked, "What if we did it this way instead?"

Bold 2: My cork board at work has 8bit bead work characters from fighting games hanging up on it and badge holders from tournaments and events. Ive got my E3 and press badges up there. So far ive got Kasumi, Momiji, Sakura, Cammy, Rachel, and Trunks. I get one per tournament and I just started buying them this last year, so that shows how much I travel to promote and hype train.

That's pretty different from what I imagined alright, really awesome that they acted just like normal people who are enthusiastic for their work! :D I can imagine that sign a autograph must be a honorable experience that fills someone rightfully with pride, really great for him and you! And while I didn't work in such a environment yet (I'm still a student) I would assume that getting past NDA's and all must be pretty liberating also great to hear you could even influence some games, I agree having fun while working should be one of the most important thing anybody should strive for as when people have fun working, they will work happily and committed I would say :) And I'm curious, could you tell a example of a thing in a game you influenced? I can see how this is astounding seeing your idea actually being played by thousands and millions of people.

And wow you seem to do alot for communities and I can imagine it's a nice reward to see your past experiences like this at work, must be great to have a memento of each tournament and everything, I've recently followed APEX for Smash Bros. U and honestly the sense of community there for the most part was really mesmerizing to see, especially how everyone worked together to make it happen was making me smile :)

That's pretty different from what I imagined alright, really awesome that they acted just like normal people who are enthusiastic for their work! :D I can imagine that sign a autograph must be a honorable experience that fills someone rightfully with pride, really great for him and you! And while I didn't work in such a environment yet (I'm still a student) I would assume that getting past NDA's and all must be pretty liberating also great to hear you could even influence some games, I agree having fun while working should be one of the most important thing anybody should strive for as when people have fun working, they will work happily and committed I would say :) And I'm curious, could you tell a example of a thing in a game you influenced? I can see how this is astounding seeing your idea actually being played by thousands and millions of people.

And wow you seem to do alot for communities and I can imagine it's a nice reward to see your past experiences like this at work, must be great to have a memento of each tournament and everything, I've recently followed APEX for Smash Bros. U and honestly the sense of community there for the most part was really mesmerizing to see, especially how everyone worked together to make it happen was making me smile :)

In Medal of Honor Warfighter when aiming down sights with any bolt action rifle, the game in alpha form recognized it as a straight pull bolt (like Battlefield 3) regardless which kind of bolt it is. So when you cycled a round and pulled the bolt, the only thing that happened was the screen zoomed in and out between full HUD and the scoped reticle. You couldnt tell when the character was ready to fire again because the animation was so bland. People in the test group would just constantly click their mouse for followups.I had them change it so that the reticle dips low and to the right signaling the player that hey, you just shot a round, and the character is reloading. When the reticle was at the resting position you knew you could fire another round.

I also helped with the color blind settings for the HUD, minimap and menus of that particular title. (Im both blue/purple and red/green color blind. Devs were really curious about it and I got to spend some hands on time in the studio showing them and helping them understand the differences in what they see versus what I see.)

Ill have to dig out my portfolio and look at it some more. I still have alpha versions of all the maps from years ago.

If you go to APEX or watched the APEX stream you probably saw Curtis from DCB. Hes one of our sponsors. He does all the bead work for the FGC of their favorite characters. Him and his wife are amazing people and great friends. They have a shop on Etsy for off season work.

My pictures also in the guide for Medal of Honor too if anyone has it. Daniel Chin was our advisor (guy with bag). My former boss is the guy with the tablet. My new boss is the guy with his arms crossed.

mohw_playtest_prima_16.png

Chrom

Is someone here able to verify if the rainbow panties can still be downloaded for the North American version of Shinovi Versus? I'm hearing that it's actually not available anymore?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I have these two:
Official Illustration Collection http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1636858
New Wave Visual Collection http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1555602

I think snkfanatic has a lot more, so he might be able to shed some light.

There was a really useful post by a GAF member a while back when I was looking at different Senran Kagura books. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is:

For those interested in Senran Kagura artbooks, here's a compiled list of all of them. Also, I recommend Lawson HMV if you want to buy Japanese books because they exclude 8% consumption tax for overseas orders and frequently have campaigns where you can collect more points or coupons which can be used to get a discount for your next order. They ship via EMS.

Senran Kagura Official Perfect Bible + Illustration Collection
Official guidebook for Senran Kagura. I don't have this book.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Famitsu_000000000278819/item_閃乱カグラ-少女達の真影-公式パーフェクトバイブル-イラスト集_4252577

Senran Kagura Burst Official Perfect Bible + Illustration Collection
Official guidebook for Senran Kagura Burst. Lots of full color illustrations, event scenes, sketches, interview with producer Kenichiro Takaki and team, original short novel, etc. 241 pages. Includes a bonus set of 6 clear bookmarks.
Has an extremely small fully nude character setting art of Suzune.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Fami...の少女達-公式パーフェクトバイブル-イラスト集-バースト-ファミ通の攻略本_5176312

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Official Perfect Bible + Illustration Collection
Official guidebook for Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. Lots of full color illustrations, event scenes, sketches, interview with producer Kenichiro Takaki and team, etc. 287 pages. Includes a bonus Perfect Bible Lingerie DLC code (for Japanese version).
Has small fully nude character setting art of Gessen and Hebijo girls.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Fami...us-少女達の証明-公式パーフェクトバイブル-イラスト集-ファミ通の攻略本_5419144

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson Official Perfect Bible + Illustration Collection
Official guidebook for Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson. Coming out on October 30, 2014.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_ファミ通攻略本編集部_000000000577615/item_閃乱カグラ2-真紅-公式パーフェクトバイブル-イラスト集_6030664

Senran Kagura NewWave Official Visual Collection
Illustration collection for Senran Kagura NewWave. All full color illustrations. 191 pages. Includes a bonus Official Visual Collection Limited SR Card serial code.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Deng...086/item_閃乱カグラ-New-Wave-公式ビジュアルコレクション_5538256

Senran Kagura Series Official Illustration Collection
Illustration collection for Senran Kagura, Senran Kagura Burst and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. Nearly all full color illustrations and event scenes. Also contains some artworks from Senran Kagura NewWave, Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit! and Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson, interview with character designer Nan Yaegashi and producer Kenichiro Takaki, character data, etc. 239 pages.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_八重樫南_000000000519729/item_閃乱カグラシリーズ-公式イラスト集-少女達の軌跡_5700893

Nan Yaegashi Illustration Collection Molle
Character designer Nan Yaegashi's first illustration collection. All full color illustrations from various games and other media, including a few from Senran Kagura Burst and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, which unfortunately are just recycled from the books above.
Has nudity.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_八重樫南_000000000519729/item_八重樫南イラスト集-Molle_5487229

For me, HMV wasn't cost effective, even comparing it to CDJapan, but it might be different for you.

In Medal of Honor Warfighter when aiming down sights with any bolt action rifle, the game in alpha form recognized it as a straight pull bolt (like Battlefield 3) regardless which kind of bolt it is. So when you cycled a round and pulled the bolt, the only thing that happened was the screen zoomed in and out between full HUD and the scoped reticle. You couldnt tell when the character was ready to fire again because the animation was so bland. People in the test group would just constantly click their mouse for followups.I had them change it so that the reticle dips low and to the right signaling the player that hey, you just shot a round, and the character is reloading. When the reticle was at the resting position you knew you could fire another round.

I also helped with the color blind settings for the HUD, minimap and menus of that particular title. (Im both blue/purple and red/green color blind. Devs were really curious about it and I got to spend some hands on time in the studio showing them and helping them understand the differences in what they see versus what I see.)

Ill have to dig out my portfolio and look at it some more. I still have alpha versions of all the maps from years ago.

If you go to APEX or watched the APEX stream you probably saw Curtis from DCB. Hes one of our sponsors. He does all the bead work for the FGC of their favorite characters. Him and his wife are amazing people and great friends. They have a shop on Etsy for off season work.

Oh wow that sounds like such a simple yet important oversight with the reload animation, nice one on pointing that out, it's often the little things that can make a huge difference! I haven't played any Medal of Honor game since the "EA Games: Challenge Everything" days but if I ever play this one I'll keep a eye on it. And as someone who has a disability I find it nice that the devs actually took their time with you to understand how colorblindness actually impacts a game and how to alleviate it. Must have been a huge help for them to have some hand-on with someone affected and I shamefully admit that I half my life thought that colorblind people see everything black and white so I can imagine it isn't easy to guess how a colorblind person actually sees things.

And there's a good chance I saw him but I'm not sure as I only could watch the streams sporadically due to the time-zone difference (I'm from Europe) but I eventually plan to rewatch APEX 2015 when I have enough time, great to see such nice people being dedicated to their hobby and work all through the years :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is someone here able to verify if the rainbow panties can still be downloaded for the North American version of Shinovi Versus? I'm hearing that it's actually not available anymore?

I think they can be. I can't check, but here are the download pages to the Perfect Bible and Famitsu DLC:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ible/cid=UP1023-PCSE00398_00-UW00000000000005
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...cial/cid=UP1023-PCSE00398_00-UW00000000000004

They used to create DLC check errors, but that has since been rectified.

Ill check when I get home but if those are the Famitsu panties I dont think so. They were only available for a week or two.

Oh wow that sounds like such a simple yet important oversight with the reload animation, nice one on pointing that out, it's often the little things that can make a huge difference! I haven't played any Medal of Honor game since the "EA Games: Challenge Everything" days but if I ever play this one I'll keep a eye on it. And as someone who has a disability I find it nice that the devs actually took their time with you to understand how colorblindness actually impacts a game and how to alleviate it. Must have been a huge help for them to have some hand-on with someone affected and I shamefully admit that I half my life thought that colorblind people see everything black and white so I can imagine it isn't easy to guess how a colorblind person actually sees things.

And there's a good chance I saw him but I'm not sure as I only could watch the streams sporadically due to the time-zone difference (I'm from Europe) but I eventually plan to rewatch APEX 2015 when I have enough time, great to see such nice people being dedicated to their hobby and work all through the years :)

Alot of people associate colorblindness with black and white. I get picked on, still 10 years after I graduated highschool and college, about it so normally I dont even bring it up.

Big heavy set black gentlemen with glasses and a top hat. Wears a shirt that says "Have my money ready". Super, super nice guy. He usually commentates at the events. Im sure he will jump on stream at Winter Brawl this weekend. Might even see me during Dead or Alive. xD

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I haven't really gotten into 2, it seems far superior to Burst but the camera's a bit awkward and chasing the green flash seems almost impossible, never once gotten it to work right. Not sure what the deal is. Never had a problem with the timing on Burst or Versus.

Are you trying to jump or using the grappling hook to 'chase' enemies and get air combos going? You're gonna want to do the latter.

SerTapTap

Are you trying to jump or using the grappling hook to 'chase' enemies and get air combos going? You're gonna want to do the latter.
What button is it? I've tried pressing basically every button but maybe I'm just forgetting which it's supposed to be

Alot of people associate colorblindness with black and white. I get picked on, still 10 years after I graduated highschool and college, about it so normally I dont even bring it up.

Big heavy set black gentlemen with glasses and a top hat. Wears a shirt that says "Have my money ready". Super, super nice guy. He usually commentates at the events. Im sure he will jump on stream at Winter Brawl this weekend. Might even see me during Dead or Alive. xD

Oh dear I see, must be annoying, I guess most people really don't know better :/ And ah I think I know whom you meant then, I think I saw him briefly and heard him sometimes :eek: And alright then I'll be on the lookout for you two! :D

SerTapTap

Haven't played the game in months. I want to say R.

I'll mess with it later. Once I get my new 3DS the old 3DS will be a SK2/region breaking only machine so it won't be such a bother to play it.

You can say "dichromat" or deuteranopia to be more specific--though the catch is only people with a fair bit of knowledge about color blindness. Deuteranopia is actually quite common which is why it's a bit silly how many games will do red/green blue/purple as extremely relevant distinctions without a colorblindness option.

Surprised people are dicks about it...I guess I shouldn't be, lots of people suck.

Chrom

I think they can be. I can't check, but here are the download pages to the Perfect Bible and Famitsu DLC:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ible/cid=UP1023-PCSE00398_00-UW00000000000005
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...cial/cid=UP1023-PCSE00398_00-UW00000000000004

They used to create DLC check errors, but that has since been rectified.

Ill check when I get home but if those are the Famitsu panties I dont think so. They were only available for a week or two.

Just to clarify, the panties I'm talking about are the ones that were known to have that save data problem. I appreciate the help.

Just to clarify, the panties I'm talking about are the ones that were known to have that save data problem. I appreciate the help.

There were two associated with Famitsu that were 1-2 week exclusive. I think one was the rainbow and one was the pure white. Im not one hundred percent certain though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Both the ones I linked had the save data problem and were later fixed. They appear to still be active.

If you're concerned, you should just log into the website and "buy" them now. They'll stay in your download queue, even if they were to get removed.

Eolz

What button is it? I've tried pressing basically every button but maybe I'm just forgetting which it's supposed to be

Haven't played the game in months. I want to say R.

Yeah it's R. The window to use it is really weird. It's short, but you really need to wait for the visual/audio feedback to appear. Do it too soon and it won't work as well.
You really can't use it as often/easily as in Burst and SV too.

It's your new dash button too btw. Weird to use when you're used to the other control scheme.

As with pretty much anything that gets removed from sales for reasons that doesn't involve Vita hacking, if you've "bought" them, they should still be in your download list.

If you haven't bought them, then hard cheese.

Chrom

Both the ones I linked had the save data problem and were later fixed. They appear to still be active.

If you're concerned, you should just log into the website and "buy" them now. They'll stay in your download queue, even if they were to get removed.

I actually don't have an account and do not wish to bother creating one just to see this for myself, but again, thanks for the input.

Chrom

As with pretty much anything that gets removed from sales for reasons that doesn't involve Vita hacking, if you've "bought" them, they should still be in your download list.

If you haven't bought them, then hard cheese.

Okay, so I actually did a search and found a store page that seemingly leads to the rainbow panties, but it says page not found: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ties/cid=UP1023-PCSE00398_00-UW00000000000000

If this is really what it seems like, then that's too bad.

Chrom

Yeah, the Rainbow Panties have been removed from sale in the last PSN update in both NA and EU.

Hmm, how long ago was that, if you happen to know? Only curious.

I've read some talk that the panties were removed due to a licensing issue with Funimation, but I have no idea if that's actually true or not. I've never heard any official statement on this before, so I did go ahead and reach out to Xseed on Twitter for clarification.

SerTapTap

Um did all Senran Kagura stuff prices suddenly rise on eBay? I've been looking for the Versus nyuu nyuu pack for the Hanzo figures, suddenly there's almost no used ones and everything's >$100. it was more like $70 used when I last looked.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Um did all Senran Kagura stuff prices suddenly rise on eBay? I've been looking for the Versus nyuu nyuu pack for the Hanzo figures, suddenly there's almost no used ones and everything's >$100. it was more like $70 used when I last looked.

People are probably excited about Estival Versus and snatching them up.

I guess I'm a bit behind on this. I've only seen cosmetic stuff from trailers like finisher animations and the dressing room. What gameplay changes have they announced so far for EV?
I don't know all of the changes from SKB->SK2 or SV->EV, but a huge one for me is the SK2's ability to turn off the clothes rip animation completely. Plus, I love how they tweaked the way ninpos work so that it's now just a quick zoom in and then the ability is done (basically like how modern day Musou attacks are in DW / SW), rather than a big cutscene. The tag feature from SK2 also looks like a boat load of fun.

Since EV kept the shorter Ninpos and the tag feature, I'm hoping all the other good changes are kept. I also hope we get Air Ninpos in EV.

ShinMaruku

I guess I'm a bit behind on this. I've only seen cosmetic stuff from trailers like finisher animations and the dressing room. What gameplay changes have they announced so far for EV?

Faster type of gameplay, tag system akin to SK2 which could mean tag team ninpo level 3s would would be awesome. Better environmental stuff, this game is good stuff.

Puruzi

Banned
I don't know all of the changes from SKB->SK2 or SV->EV, but a huge one for me is the SK2's ability to turn off the clothes rip animation completely. Plus, I love how they tweaked the way ninpos work so that it's now just a quick zoom in and then the ability is done (basically like how modern day Musou attacks are in DW / SW), rather than a big cutscene. The tag feature from SK2 also looks like a boat load of fun.

Since EV kept the shorter Ninpos and the tag feature, I'm hoping all the other good changes are kept. I also hope we get Air Ninpos in EV.
Why would you ever do this.

Hmm, how long ago was that, if you happen to know? Only curious.

I've read some talk that the panties were removed due to a licensing issue with Funimation, but I have no idea if that's actually true or not. I've never heard any official statement on this before, so I did go ahead and reach out to Xseed on Twitter for clarification.

Last week.

Top Bottom