• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

I don't know all of the changes from SKB->SK2 or SV->EV, but a huge one for me is the SK2's ability to turn off the clothes rip animation completely. Plus, I love how they tweaked the way ninpos work so that it's now just a quick zoom in and then the ability is done (basically like how modern day Musou attacks are in DW / SW), rather than a big cutscene. The tag feature from SK2 also looks like a boat load of fun.

Since EV kept the shorter Ninpos and the tag feature, I'm hoping all the other good changes are kept. I also hope we get Air Ninpos in EV.

Faster type of gameplay, tag system akin to SK2 which could mean tag team ninpo level 3s would would be awesome. Better environmental stuff, this game is good stuff.

The tag team stuff sounds cool. My SK2 should arrive this week so I'll be checking that stuff out soon. I'm a bit iffy on shorter supers though since I loved the Marvel 3 style craziness with them in SV.

Okay, did a little post work. Heres the different academy banners... These will be used for the EV OT.

Hanzo_Bannercopy_zps5ca4406e.png

Gessen_Bannercopy_zps4bed6079.png

Hebijo_Bannercopy_zps631da635.png

Crimson_Bannercopy_zpsc1d16890.png

Thousand_Bannercopy_zps6fc537ec.png

Very nice, I like them! :)

Since it's somehow senran kagura related ...

According to the findings in this post

Dead or alive last round sengan kagura cross overs material is 16 costumes for that game.

Just posting that as information.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, now the question is what the costumes will be. Part of me wants to say Hanzo & Crimson, but that'd only be 10 costumes if they go with either school or shinobi clothing. If they do both, that'd be too many.

Hmm, now the question is what the costumes will be. Part of me wants to say Hanzo & Crimson, but that'd only be 10 costumes if they go with either school or shinobi clothing. If they do both, that'd be too many.

Well it'snot that hard to imagine the SK costumes for the girl cast ( marie rose with mirai costume for example) but i'm unsure what costumes they can do for the male part of that cast

The number of male characters in the SK franchise is quite low...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, all I can think of is Hanzo & Ikaruga's brother. If we count Daidouji & Rin, that'd still be 14. Maybe Asuka & Homura's other set of clothing as well?

I feel like they'll use everyone's shinobi clothing (WHO WILL GET KATSURAGI'S OUTFIT?!?) from Hanzo & Crimson.

My most logical bet on this affair is that it'll be 16 costumes for only the girls with some character getting 2 ..

If i was in charge i'll put:
-asuka, ikaruga, yagyu,
-Miyabi, murasaki, Imu,ryobi,ryona
-yomi,hikage,mirai,haruka
-homura,yumi,murakumo,yozakura

Hard to speculate , but i choose 16 costumes...i'll be happy with those

Yeah, all I can think of is Hanzo & Ikaruga's brother. If we count Daidouji & Rin, that'd still be 14. Maybe Asuka & Homura's other set of clothing as well?

I feel like they'll use everyone's shinobi clothing (WHO WILL GET KATSURAGI'S OUTFIT?!?) from Hanzo & Crimson.

Tina will.

NotLiquid

I mentioned a while ago over at FigureGAF how my girlfriend introduced me to this series and is probably a bigger fan of it than I am. I never actually got around to asking her who her favorite character was though, to which I just inquried about with her replying that her favorite is Ryouna.

I still haven't decided if I should ask why.

Why would you ever do this.
From what I've read, it just keeps the reaction animation from coming on when they are stripped. Thus, no interruptions during gameplay. The clothes will still come off, of course.

The animations got especially annoying in EV's side stories when any cutaways (stripping, transformation, ninpos) would reset any dialogue being said.

Eolz

Yeah, seemed obvious that the DOA/SK collaboration would be costumes. Think it'll be for the main schools, and some like Kasumi/Asuka, Marie/Mirai, Rachel/Daidoji, Tina/Katsuragi seem pretty obvious.

I mentioned a while ago over at FigureGAF how my girlfriend introduced me to this series and is probably a bigger fan of it than I am. I never actually got around to asking her who her favorite character was though, to which I just inquried about with her replying that her favorite is Ryouna.

I still haven't decided if I should ask why.

Ahahah.
I wouldn't, but I'd be more worried if it was Haruka tbh

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the clothing transparency and some of the physics tech were shared between Team Ninja and Tamsoft as well, but these costumes swaps should be pretty neat.

i just started the second game on 3DS thanks to the region free trick
OMG, this game is fast
its like 60 FPS or something
comparing it to the first one , its like the first one played in 20 FPS

start playing then i got to use 2 characters
now i don't know where to go , i wish i can know some japanese

dunno how much Kanji's in that game (still on burst) but to be honest Hiragana/Katakana is quite easy to learn. I learned it myself in the worst possible way (only because I was overseas and I had no internet) and it worked out quite well. Give it a try.

I know I've made the Marvel 3 reference before, but yeah I'd totally be into a straight up 2D fighting game with Marvel 3's over the top craziness and team vs team tag battles, but with the SK twist of shinobi transformations into different forms and whatnot.

Not the same, but this reminds me my copy of Arcana Heart 3LM is still unplayed and I should fix that... =/

Vylash

I know I've made the Marvel 3 reference before, but yeah I'd totally be into a straight up 2D fighting game with Marvel 3's over the top craziness and team vs team tag battles, but with the SK twist of shinobi transformations into different forms and whatnot.

Not the same, but this reminds me my copy of Arcana Heart 3LM is still unplayed and I should fix that... =/

nooooooooooooo, death to 2D fighters :(

Puruzi

Banned
I'm sorry Vylash I have to go with Puruzi here :( And don't forget BlazBlue and GuiltyGear! :eek:
I only listed the ones I play semi seriously/seriously. I play Smash very seriously, Skullgirls seriously, and I play Marvel and P4A decently. I'm awful at GG and kinda bad at BlazBlue :(

SerTapTap

My last Ami Ami order was like a month ago and I still don't have it...anyone know what sort of shipping I should get to avoid this for Estival? And roughly how much it might run me? I'd love to have it within a couple weeks of launch but not if it's going to add $50 per box or something

lol It could be 3D too. I've just never seen a 3D fighting game that's been able to do the stylish crazy stuff like SK does.

They don't need a 3D fighting game, just add a proper 1v1 mode to Versus and some more moves. A proper 2D fighting game could be cool though. I never have time/patience to learn them though so I'm fine with what we get.

The animations got especially annoying in EV's side stories when any cutaways (stripping, transformation, ninpos) would reset any dialogue being said.

Yeah I hate cutoff/repeating dialog like that. Even small devs should have UX people give a quick once over, a lot of this crap is REALLY glaring and not always that hard to fix. Anything that plays voice clips dynamically mid-gameplay has a high chance of being annoying as hell.

My last Ami Ami order was like a month ago and I still don't have it...anyone know what sort of shipping I should get to avoid this for Estival? And roughly how much it might run me? I'd love to have it within a couple weeks of launch but not if it's going to add $50 per box or something

What did you use? I always use EMS and it usually gets to me in the East Coast of the US within a week.

They don't need a 3D fighting game, just add a proper 1v1 mode to Versus and some more moves. A proper 2D fighting game could be cool though. I never have time/patience to learn them though so I'm fine with what we get.

Yeah I hate cutoff/repeating dialog like that. Even small devs should have UX people give a quick once over, a lot of this crap is REALLY glaring and not always that hard to fix. Anything that plays voice clips dynamically mid-gameplay has a high chance of being annoying as hell.

I usually use EMS. It gets to my place from the distribution centers in SEA region in three to four days. Usually four. I ordered my SV LE from a guy on Ebay almost a month ago now and its still not here yet either. Its gone to every state around mine except for my actual state... USPS at its' finest.

SerTapTap

What did you use? I always use EMS and it usually gets to me in the East Coast of the US within a week.

Might have been SAL? I don't even think my tracking info is updating since it left Japan. I guess I'll use EMS...how pricy is that though? Expedited (not sure what format) from two different sellers on Amazon was $55 per packet--almost doubling my order if I took it, screw that.

Top Bottom