• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I didn't have an issue with anything I'd seen, either. It was after playing it that I found it to be a sub-par game marred by weapon balance issues. I'm still hoping that it will continued to be fixed via patches and much more playable in multiplayer by the time it releases over here.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Earlier comments aside, I've watched some gameplay footage of PBS and it looks fairly fun to play. The big lock on window reminds me a bit of old school Armored Core combat. Looks fairly fast paced and frenetic.

My main reservations at this point are the lack of varying outfits (aside from bikinis) and the apparent lack of Shinobi transformations, unless I'm mistaken. I know it's a different genre but it would be weird without those.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Earlier comments aside, I've watched some gameplay footage of PBS and it looks fairly fun to play. The big lock on window reminds me a bit of old school Armored Core combat. Looks fairly fast paced and frenetic.

It's nothing like Armored Core. I thought it looked fun, too, and then I played it. :| Biggest disappointment for me in a long, long time. I was hyped for some more Senran and this just failed to deliver. I see that with the 1.04 patch, multiplayer is still all kinds of fucked up, so I'll continue to leave this game 'shelved'.

There's always a chance that it gets improved by the time the English release comes out.

My main reservations at this point are the lack of varying outfits (aside from bikinis) and the apparent lack of Shinobi transformations, unless I'm mistaken. I know it's a different genre but it would be weird without those.

There are varying outfits, but a lot of them are recycled from Estival Versus...and a lot are DLC...again.

No transformations this time around. Also no character variety whatsoever- it all depends on the gun and card combinations your equip; the characters are just skins.

This is nothing like the other Senran games, gameplay-wise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it's a separate project. Seems the project name is "Refure", like "refresh" or something.

Either way, I'm fairly certain it's not SK7.

Eolz

Yeah, looked like it could even be eshop only.
Might be there to test the waters, and also to just release quickly that HD Rumble experiment Takaki wanted to do.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Site is up, but very bare on info.

It does seem like it's digital only, which is interesting. But I'm betting it's taking the dressing room mechanics to the next level & using the HD Rumble as a test.

ShinMaruku

You know the Queen Yumi will be there.
Senran-Kagura-PBS-DLC_03-09-17_001.jpg

ShinMaruku

After going too deep into Nioh and running into Yuki-Onna, I am now convinced that Yuki-Onna is Yumi's final form. She drops the fans, and gets a Naginata and goes ham.
tumblr_oo5fneqzK01uynglto2_1280.jpg

Aske

Okay, I just picked up Estival Versus. This game is legit a ton of chill fun. It's even challenging on higher difficulties! I love the characters, the leveling, the bite-sized pacing, and the goofy stories.

Every one of these twenty-odd characters plays totally differently. Their combat feels different. Their supers feel different. Ryōbi is is terrible choice for the first character players get to use, because she's very different to most of the others. Very clunky by comparison. Someone like Miyabi or Homura is butter smooth, and they're more typical of the roster.

Favourite character to use right now is probably Shiki. That double-ended scythe just carves shit up. Homura is awesome too, and so is Vergil Ikaruga. I don't think anyone uses nunchuks, but someone should.

Best girl is tough. I love Haruka, Homura, and Hikage for personalities. Morakumo is cool as hell with her demon persona, I love Miyabi's stoicism and insecurity about her age , and Yumi and Katsuragi are just aesthetically beautiful designs. I can't pick one favourite yet, but the Crimson Squad is the best faction by far. Only characters I don't care for are Murasaki (so depressing with those dead eyes, but she's fun to use) and Hibari (she just grates on me, with her shrill child voice).

Does the DLC ever go on sale? I want to grab the extra characters and missions.

I'm bummed that the upcoming Peach Beach Splash sounds so lousy. The impressions make it sound like it gets everything wrong that this game gets so right.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, all the DLC was on sale back during the week of March 21st, most of it was half off. It was also the same day the Ikki Tousen characters hit PSN, though those were normal price.

So it finally happened and Daidouji has gone full lesbian for Rin on the latest update to PBS where she and Rin get a small story focused on them

Dai knows from the start that Miss R is Rin,

The whole thing kicks off with them in a hot springs, with Rin in her Miss R outfit and refusing to take it off, so Dai decides to fight her to get her naked

Then they basically take the fight all over the place with Ikaruga, Murakumo, and Murasaki joining at various points, they get into an argument over speed vs. power, then Dai says that Rin's her most important person, and Rin says Dai is too at first, until Dai asks the million dollar question

"Including Kiriya?"

Then Rin kinda spazzes out, they keep fighting, and when Rin won't give a definite answer, Dai decides to go challenge Kiriya to a match and whoever wins is Rin's most important person.

The story ends with Rin trying desperately to stop her.

jA9s2db.jpg

The other story that came out is Shiki tries to get photos for her blog, and it backfires... for the third time

Don't worry, Mirai's not involved at for the ending, so it's not completely redundant

Or you know, she's just a friend teasing her.
Just like other characters do that in the series.

Daidouji is not one to tease Rin, actually I don't think she can even fathom that is something people can do. And I mean, deciding to challenge the crush of your best friend to set who's her most important person is pretty definitive on my book.

Aske

You know, showing them in suggestive poses in scanty clothes. Kind of weirdly sexualised. They're ninjas, not lingerie models.

Might seem weird but will i like these gamea if i like dynasty warriors etc ?

Expect much smaller maps and enjoyable bite-sized chunks of gameplay, interspersed with lots of visual novel stuff. You need to enjoy the aesthetic and the character interactions to enjoy the game. But if you think you want to play the game and you're worried you won't enjoy the gameplay, you should be fine. If you like musou games, you'll be surprised by the depth.

Top Bottom