• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Valkyrie Drive is out on Steam. Saw some videos of it running at a rock-solid 60 FPS at 4K last night.

Just tried downloading it to my GPD WIN handheld and it actually runs at a smooth 30 FPS (at low settings and sub-Vita resolution), making it play noticeably smoother than on the Vita. Am looking forward to trying this maxed out on my desktop PC.

Just picked up the Valkyrie Drive Complete Edition since the coupon for owning SV knocked $9 off the total making the price of the game + DLC the same as buying just the game during the 10% off launch discount. Pretty psyched to finish the game since I shelved the Vita version after playing only a little of it in hopes that it would eventually come to PC.

Wanted to share with you guys some pictures from during E3. First person in line got a large Oppai signed by the man himself. Also the freaking president of Xseed was there hanging out with people in line. Got to talking with him about the expansion of the series/genre and his continued commitment to the franchise/creator as a whole. He will continue to support it as long as fans continue to support it. They also went out and made an exclusive print just for E3 which was limited to just 100.

Enough about that though here's some pictures:

8QZ6SiB.jpg
by5TxR3.jpg
Z9JcazJ.jpg

And for something I'm totally not ashamed of here is a video:
https://youtu.be/nI-KE1JjGM4

Ultimadrago

Seems there's going to be a new art book for Peach Beach Splash or illustration collection? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It seemed to be accompanied by a new popularity poll as well

1. Yumi - 176point
2. Yozokura - 153 point
3. Yomi - 129 point
4. Kafuru - 124 point
5. Ikaruga -  112 point
6. Hikage - 96 point
7. Ryobi (Flat Chest) - 91 point
8. Mirai - 89 point
9. Asuka - 80 point
9. Ryona - 80 point

The art book is set for "End of August" release and will have a DX edition that will include life-size sheets that are limited to the edition (?). Sold through Japanese store Ebten.

Wanted to share with you guys some pictures from during E3. First person in line got a large Oppai signed by the man himself. Also the freaking president of Xseed was there hanging out with people in line. Got to talking with him about the expansion of the series/genre and his continued commitment to the franchise/creator as a whole. He will continue to support it as long as fans continue to support it. They also went out and made an exclusive print just for E3 which was limited to just 100.

Enough about that though here's some pictures:

And for something I'm totally not ashamed of here is a video:
https://youtu.be/nI-KE1JjGM4

Cool! That looks like fun. The signed print especially is really neat.

Josephl64

Seems there's going to be a new art book for Peach Beach Splash or illustration collection? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Yumi - 176point
2. Yozokura - 153 point
3. Yomi - 129 point
4. Kafuru - 124 point
5. Ikaruga -  112 point
6. Hikage - 96 point
8. Mirai - 89 point
9. Asuka - 80 point
9. Ryona - 80 point

The art book will have a DX edition that will include life-size sheets that are limited to the edition (?). Sold through Japanese store Ebten.

that's correct, and here's the link for those interested: http://ebten.jp/p/s/7015017060253/

So apparently the Peach Beach Splash is legit fun, huh? I might check this one out as well, even though I was hoping we'd get a new mainline entry on PS4.

1. Yumi - 176point
2. Yozokura - 153 point
3. Yomi - 129 point
4. Kafuru - 124 point
5. Ikaruga -  112 point
6. Hikage - 96 point
8. Mirai - 89 point
9. Asuka - 80 point
9. Ryona - 80 point
This is a completely acceptable list. Yozokura is finally getting the respect she deserves.

Ultimadrago

that's correct, and here's the link for those interested: http://ebten.jp/p/s/7015017060253/

capture7gs5t.png

Could you clarify something else for me? In the poll page it gives details about the art piece. What I put together was that the theme is "Who would you want sleeping next to each other?", but it also includes "8" randomly. The contest images also jump straight to 8th after 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Does it explain what that's about?

Also is a life-sized sheet a dakimakura or like a bed sheet?

Eolz

1. Yumi - 176point
2. Yozokura - 153 point
3. Yomi - 129 point
4. Kafuru - 124 point
5. Ikaruga -  112 point
6. Hikage - 96 point
8. Mirai - 89 point
9. Asuka - 80 point
9. Ryona - 80 point

The art book is set for "End of August" release and will have a DX edition that will include life-size sheets that are limited to the edition (?). Sold through Japanese store Ebten.

That's some great art.
Really hope that they'll bring the artbook to the west like the last compilation one.

I need to find somewhere to buy the books that will ship them properly, I tried to buy one of them through amazon and literally returned it over 4 times because every single time they'd ship it in a paper thin cardboard envelope and every time it'd arrive completely smashed and bent on every corner. This was after explaining the situation to Customer Service each time so it's not like I was just hitting the order button and hoping for the best.

On a side note my AmiAmi account isn't letting me sign in claiming I've tried to do so 5 times and that I'm locked out even though I haven't tried to sign in at all in the past month, has anyone ever had that happen to them?

Eolz

cdjapan has always been great for me.
In the end, package being damaged has always been due to some shitty postman on my side.

MetalDeer

I'd be fine with Yumi winning if she wasn't like, THE character that they use for promotional materials.

They put her on everything, of course she wins the popularity contest.

Ah shit I'm not a fan of the direction the art is taking with those pointy chins...

I find the chimpmunk teeth more bothersome

I dunno, there's something about the character design of "Let's take a 5 year old in mindset and overall looks, and increase the height a bit with oversized chest size on top of that" that's really unsettling to think of.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Not hating. The only SK character that deserves anyone's hate is Minori.

You take that back! Actually from a gameplay perspective I really like Minori's mechanic with the bucket. I can understand why people get bothered by the design.

Then again, these are often the same people who dislike Hibari so their opinions can be discounted.

Demoskinos

So apparently the Peach Beach Splash is legit fun, huh? I might check this one out as well, even though I was hoping we'd get a new mainline entry on PS4.

Peach Beach Splash is a main entry as far as story/timeline goes they said from here on out there is one singular timeline.

Also No Katsuragi at all in the top 10 popularity? The world is cruel and unjust. :(

kunonabi

Man, bon apetit is kind of pathetic. More than half the game is locked away as DLC and the system is pretty plain. Oh well, im liking shinovi versus much more and i am looking forward to Valkyrie drive when i finish that.

ShinMaruku

I have learned that if it's a side game that is outside of the dev team's wheelhouse, I will skip. I will never buy the peach splash game.

While you are known in the West for creating Senran Kagura, you also made Half-Minute Hero and the Japan-only music game IA/VT. What other kinds of games do you want to create?

I want to continue the Senran Kagura and Valkyrie Drive series. Recently, I had my first child and now that I have a child of my own maybe now it is time I want to challenge myself to make a family oriented game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/2...ion-hd-rumble-new-studio/#DIBeHZgiiIi2SoJZ.99

YES

I actually really like how the art has evolved. The girls look really cute.

I like everything about it (even the chipmunk teeth) except the pointy chins. I really hate that look. I've seen it in other anime and now it's in Senran Kagura and I just don't like it! I really, really love the style and artwork for the SK series but if they start making glass cutting chins the norm, man...

):

MetalDeer

I guess the art's serviceable, but yeah, don't really care for the pointy chins and chipmunk teeth. The worst part is the anatomy, though (at least in this picture):
Those "thigh gaps" just look so unnatural.

But I guess the anatomy has never been consistently amazing, what with the infamous nipple-less breasts.

The art for PBS just seems like it was a bit rushed, to me. Though to be fair, there's A LOT more girls now than there was in the 3DS days.

MetalDeer

So is it possible to get the platinum trophy for shinovi versus if you're playing on a pstv?

Only one I can think of that you might have difficulty with is the "Do everything in the dressing room" one. Not sure if you can even use a mic with the PSTV, might have to be bluetooth.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Shinobi-Master-Senran-Kagura-New-Link-TM_07-10-17-600x376.jpg

Marvelous trademarked “Shinobi Master Senran Kagura: New Link” in Japan on June 26.

The trademark includes a logo, pictured above.

Honey∞Parade Games, the Marvelous studio that develops the Senran Kagura series, is known to be working on two PlayStation 4 titles, one retail Switch title (in addition to the already announced, digital-only Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura), and several small things and mid-scale titles, including a smartphone game. The studio hopes to announce all of its upcoming titles at once sometime this summer.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/07/marvelou...ran-kagura-new-link-japan#bYAVXDJOUhv8QWkQ.99

Top Bottom