• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

ShinMaruku

My god that Homura O_O

b50cd441a92aefe5105d6f94c68d8c1f0e4e863d_hq.gif

Ultimadrago

Who is number 1? The other 3 are Asuka, Daidouji (I'm pretty sure) and Homura but I don't know who the first is.

I think those are supposed to be the super forms of all of the main leaders: Yumi, Asuka, Miyabi and Homura respectively.

Where were Super Yumi and Super Miyabi ever featured? I don't think I've seen them before. I'm not even sure if I've seen that Asuka before, but recall her unleashing before. Crimson Homura, I have seen.

ShinMaruku

It's Princess Yuki Yumi(Yukin Onna) Wind Aspect Asuka, Dark flames Miyabi and Crimson Homura.

Since they are kinda ninja nobility, they have these extra forms. Asuka, Yumi and Miyabi explicitly have very powerful ninja grandparents. With Asuka having a pretty famous family line. It's refered to in a shit ton of games.

574.jpg

Same Hanzo. :p

Ultimadrago

Ooh, I'm seeing Peach Beach Splash DLC for new art of the forms: Ice King Yumi, Black Wing Mode/Abyss Miyabi, (I don't know) Asuka and Crimson Homura.

They're all featured in special moves of Estival Versus too. I forgot, but to be fair, I rarely played those characters.

ShinMaruku

You should try those attacks, they are pretty good since they gain invulnerbility and if played right will put everything in the blender. Their transformations give group damage as well.
Crimson_Homura_Estival_Versus.gif

In frantic they will cut through everything.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ooh, I'm seeing Peach Beach Splash DLC for new art of the forms: Ice King Yumi, Black Wing Mode/Abyss Miyabi, (I don't know) Asuka and Crimson Homura.

They're just skins in PBS. Although you can say that for pretty much everyone. Not much variety in the characters.

Demoskinos

I think those are supposed to be the super forms of all of the main leaders: Yumi, Asuka, Miyabi and Homura respectively.

Where were Super Yumi and Super Miyabi ever featured? I don't think I've seen them before. I'm not even sure if I've seen that Asuka before, but recall her unleashing before. Crimson Homura, I have seen.

Huh. Miyabi just loses her white hair eh? I remember I think Yumi and Asuka got super forms in Estival versus I don't remember Miyabi especially getting one.

I always wondered why I hadn't heard about any clones of the series when it always seemed like a pretty good foundation to copy.

I'll definitely check it out, if it's good it should make the wait for PBS a little easier.

Eolz

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/892060444873048064

Something special will happen on the final three minutes of the stream if I'm understanding correctly. A trailer most likely, but for what. SK7, PBS' VR mode or maybe a second season of the anime would be my guess

Anime could be a good possibility, unless it's announcing another new game that nobody expected.
They already said they'll talk about a new game (which is extremely likely SK7) on top of Shinobi Refle, so...

I always wondered why I hadn't heard about any clones of the series when it always seemed like a pretty good foundation to copy.

I'll definitely check it out, if it's good it should make the wait for PBS a little easier.

No other game can match the perfection of the style Senran Kagura is drawn in so they don't even try. Even this Steam game is using a barely-modified DoA character model instead of something original.

Senran art and ladies are just too good. Class of their own.

Eolz

Is anyone making a thread for the stream (in around an hour...)?
Always been nice in the past for people that couldn't watch live and there's even a youtube link this time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap

Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newel is hitting PS4

I look forward to replaying the game with better framerate.

Edit: Oh damn, & it seems to be made with the Shinovi/Estival Versus engine.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like Yumi's being added as well?

Releasing Feb. 22nd.

No idea how much else will be changed.

Ramune

Ha, figures right when I get around to playing the original Burst on 3DS, they announce a remake. I guess that just solidifies the PS4 as the new home for mainline SK with this and 7EVEN. (and PC a year later?)
That said, I'd be down for Peach Ball and Refle when ever I get a Switch....

Eolz

A bit surprised at Burst HD being PS4 only but it kinda makes sense.
Pretty shocked at SK7 not being as well on Switch, but guess they can change their minds after seeing if PB/SR perform well.

Alfebit

Banned
SENRAN PINBALL

Will def be picking up the Asuka dating sim and that for sure. Not too excited to play Burst as a Versus game so not sure about that one.

The new outfits in that new mobile game are pretty cute too.

This better be them as true ladies. Princess Yuki Yumi must be free....

Yes. Feel free to leave whenever Yumi. The sooner the better, thank you.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I hope they follow up on a Burst remake with a Deep Crimson remake. I only got a little ways into Burst because I'm not a fan of handheld gaming (and because Burst taxes the 3DS to an awful event, slideshows ahoy), so if I can play both without picking up my 3DS again I'll be a happy man.

Looking forward to 7even, enough that I'll forgive that egregious numbers-as-letters.

Ultimadrago

Not much news for me, sadly. The only item of slight interest is maybe the Asuka lewd VN game. She's not one of my favorites, but I don't outright dislike her either, so I'm at least curious in how it's executed.

MetalDeer

I'm looking forward to playing Burst on PS4 and actually enjoying it without the amazing "ergonomics" of the 3DS. Here's hoping 2 gets a remake, as well.

I hope all of this stuff gets localized.

All of the announcements were nice, except for the pinball one, I don't get it

So as long as she's not a part of the main story, and only playable in stuff you've already done like Estival's DLC characters, then I don't see that big of a problem. Though it's still tacky that Takaki can't seem to make an entry in this franchise without Yumi in it due to how popular she is and fear a game without her might not be a big success like Deep Crimson.

Edit: I just realized that if Deep Crimson does get remade, Kagura and Naraku have a chance to be playable, thus fixing the biggest crime of that game

Never played Burst, so I will definitely play this.

Kind of hoping they will add the rest of the (now regular) cast as well instead of just Yumi, perhaps as unlockables after completing story mode or something like that. I doubt it, but it would be nice. I mean, after starting with EV, it just feels like a step back to leave out half of the cast.

I'm in day 1 for everything :D

No other game can match the perfection of the style Senran Kagura is drawn in so they don't even try. Even this Steam game is using a barely-modified DoA character model instead of something original.

Senran art and ladies are just too good. Class of their own.

giphy.gif

All of the announcements were nice, except for the pinball one, I don't get it.

"The game will have HD Rumble support. Players will be able to feel the springing and vibrations when the ball hits an object or the body of a character."

I have a feeling the HD Rumble is the main selling point but I'll be happy as long as it's even half as good as Pokemon Pinball :p it's been way too long since I've had a good portable pinball game to play.

Looking at the footage released for Burst remake, there are some notorious changes on it:

Yumi is shown fighting on the city stage that didn't exist on Burst

Asuka's fighting on the temple area of EV when once again, it didn't exist on Burst

The school stage is a weird mish mash of both Burst and EV's versions that isn't accurate to any

Haruka having coatbot

But the change that bugs me the most is how they put Hebijo's keep through a weird red filter for the fight between Asuka and Homura. It totally kills the mood and is visually tiring.

Probably is there to foreshadow Orochi's appearance but it could've been done better.

Honestly, more than proper HD remake, it feels like they just modded EV into becoming Burst.

EDIT:

"Yumi will be a playable character through a limited edition bonus. We're planning on adding a side story that will show what characters introduced after Shinovi Versus have been up to behind the scenes."

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/0...ecently-announced-titles/#empUjbRbgUh2eH9W.99

Who's ready for Takaki to go full George Lucas on us?

Deeda

I'm happy Yumi is making an appearance, I'm hoping all of the girls in Estival will eventually
I need my Shiki and Kafuru

Top Bottom