• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League |S4| I've just got to keep on drinking! - Robert James Gronkowski

Floyd tore this league apart from the outside, now he can do it from the inside.

Welcome to the only league in Gaf history to successfully complete a whole fantasy draft within the thread.

Floyd tore this league apart from the outside, now he can do it from the outside.

Welcome to the only league in Gaf history to successfully complete a whole fantasy draft within the thread.

This league survived The Rando vs Kave vs BG Mexican Standoff. It can survive little old me joining the league.

And this is my picture I am sending to Dutch, I am not ashamed of it. I'm hiding it behind spoilers so you all can protect your baes from my macho self.

ef1HKvvb.jpg

I need to know who's down for another season. Godslay is out and replaced by Floyd, but are there others who want to quit?

Wes for instance has been MIA all season :(

rando14

As Shirtless King (2nd to Dutch), I approve of the dog gif.

Also, I would like to announce that I am transferring my Shirtless Fines to Floy, he has accused me of egregious crimes (sending nude toilet snaps), I cannot tolerate disrespect in my domain...!!

As Shirtless King (2nd to Dutch), I approve of the dog gif.

Also, I would like to announce that I am transferring my Shirtless Fines to Floy, he has accused me of egregious crimes (sending nude toilet snaps), I cannot tolerate disrespect in my domain...!!

I said it in the fort and that ain't your domain... Biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.
I mean that in a classy way Rando since you my bottom bitch :) . Only BG can compete.

Besides... Dutch can't fine me.. He knows he can't. If he does, well.. I might give Bread the books to look at.

I'm in, sir.

Witness the Four Dawgs of the Apocalypse.. Championship or Bust.

Okay, so i decided that we're moving to Yahoo.

Now 4 others things we need to discuss for next season:

1. Do we add defensive players to the roster to spice it up a bit?
2. Are we going PPR ?
3. How will we determine tie breakers?
4. How do we do the waiver wire stuff

rando14

Just remember, you trade real team success for Shirtless success.

I traded my Mariners success for the Championship this year!! *pained look on face

2. Are we going PPR ?

My vote:

No, No, Same, Same

2. Are we going PPR ?
1. This would add a new dimension of fuckery to this league. It also add another level of depth on not sure many are ready for or want. I've only done Idp once and my players were auto picked, it's interesting. But honestly I would have no idea were to start in a live draft. Idk if ppl in here would keep interest with Idp?
2. Sure, we can do a low number. Like 0.5 or something
3. Points ? Idk? Best baes? Most toilet gang pics?
4. We could do a budget, for instance $100 dollars to spend all yeah. I'm fine with keeping it the same though

2. Are we going PPR ?

I'm in.

1. Yes, been saying it for years. 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB, works great in a league I run and can help with the scoring system.

2. Sure, it's much better.

3. For games? Score -> TDs -> Total yards -> Least TOs, I think we already do this.

4. Rolling wavier wire priority, pretty standard, which is what we currently use, I think.

VIVA LA SHIRTS

The defensive players would add a layer of fuckery. Maybe we should try with just 1 player first and see how it goes?

Might be a bit much to go and PPR and Defensive players in 1 season though.

Also, with tie breakers I'm referring to the rankings at the end of the season. Some of you were complaining that head-to-head results determined the tie instead of total points scored.

Personally I'm quite okay with the current waiver wire settings. But maybe it could be changed weekly based on rankings, giving the losers a better chance at the waiver wire gems. LEAGUE PARITY!!!!!

Hammer24

Banned
My proposal is:
Instead of one slot for one Team defense, let's do four defense flex slots.
Those can be filled with DEs, DBs and LBs as the player chooses. This adds a whole New level of fuckery to find just the right balance between Sack machines, tackling Monsters and ball Hawks.
I play This for 16 years now, the Best balanced scoring we found is:

Defense
Touchdown 6 points
Solo Tackle 1 point
Ass.Tackle = 0,33 points (3 Ass = 1 point)
Fumble forced 3 points
Fumble recovered 2 points
Interception 4 points
Defended Pass 1 point
Sack 3 points
Safety 5 points
Blocked Kicks 3 points

Whadda yall think?

PS: all This works on Yahoo

UberTag

I enjoy IDP scoring formats in fantasy. That said, I think it's too complicated for the usual suspects in here. And I'd rather go full tilt with it if we did it instead of just saying "let's try it with one position like DE or CB". BaltimoreLarry's got the right idea if we run with it.

I enjoy PPR as it adds an extra element to the game and makes the Danny Woodheads of the world that much more valuable. Would recommend only 0.5 PPR to start, though. Jumping in with a full point per reception is a pretty drastic shift in player weighting from cold turkey.

I also enjoy return yardage and TDs counting for something... but that's probably just me.

On the tiebreaker front clearly I should be motivated on this topic as it did cost me a playoff spot this year. Head-to-head is kind of a cheesy way to go about it... even record against common opponents is more fair. Points for is usually the easiest or default way of going about it although if there's a way to break ties by your team's overall strength record (i.e. if you played every opponent in the league every week what would your record be) that is what I personally deem to be the fairest equalizer. (With total points scored kicking in as a 2nd tiebreaker after that.)

On the waiver priority topic, I've soured greatly on resetting the waiver priority each week based on standings to give the bottom feeders who manage their teams poorly the first crack at each week's elite free agent grabs. I'm not a fan of it. If anything, I'd prefer we switch to an auction system like FAAB or maintaining our current approach to waivers (inverted based on draft order; go to the end of the line once you claim someone).

rando14

I don't like giving the waiver priority based on standing because it basically takes all the strategy out of the waiver wire.

I've never done IDP fantasy before and I'm hesitant to try it (tough learning new FF stuff as I have less and less time to play), but if the league wants it, I'll live with it.

UberTag

I've never done IDP fantasy before and I'm hesitant to try it (tough learning new FF stuff as I have less and less time to play), but if the league wants it, I'll live with it.
I was intimidated by IDP at first as well. New things are scary. But I found it to be quite a bit of fun once diving into it.

That said, I think we have more of an "open to trying it" consensus than a "league wants it" consensus. With an established league like this one, I'm worried that the few people who aren't open to try it might use that as an excuse to phone in their lineup or bow out of the league and I'd rather not see that happen.

Bread

Banned
Hmmm this new level of fuckery does sound appealing. I'd never do that IDP bullshit in a league I pay for though!

No to PPR though.

Hammer24

Banned
Come on guys, let's have a little fun!
Team def is disgusting - with the same arguments we could play Team offense as well and call it a day...
Let's try with at least three def flex slots! I mean, there are enough tackling LBs out there that give you solid points week in week out.

UberTag

Are we doing our traditional NFL Draft prognostication to determine draft order again this season?
If so, we're just two short weeks away. Might want to start sending feelers out so it doesn't catch anyone by surprise.

rando14

I will be the bigger man and claim the #1 overall draft pick

I also think we should have a vote to decide if BG will be taking Josh gordon with his first round pick

Are we doing our traditional NFL Draft prognostication to determine draft order again this season?
If so, we're just two short weeks away. Might want to start sending feelers out so it doesn't catch anyone by surprise.

I was wondering if this was happening. I need to make sure that I can draft Gronk. :)

I will be the bigger man and claim the #1 overall draft pick

I also think we should have a vote to decide if BG will be taking Josh gordon with his first round pick
I hope your fantasy team stays healthy Rando

*knocks on wood*

Top Bottom