• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 15 Thread Of Celebrity Meltdowns And Topical Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jangocube said:
Not the greatest episode, but anything that takes shots at Apple and it's fanboys is fine by me.

Should be a great season.

They went easy on Apple. Called them the future. If anything they took a shot at PCs.

overcast

The Centipede part wasn't too funny. Asian guy was hilarious anytime he spoke pretty much. The ending was funny as well.

Overall a pretty weak opening episode.

Alright episode, I only laughed during the dilemma between cuttlefish & asparagus or vanilla paste, the Asian accent just made it too over the top. :p

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
The joke about the contract and Kyle was like Imaginationland redux; I don't think they were really trying to go after Apple so much as they were trying to tell a dirty joke which just happened to involve Apple because it's topical. I honestly can't believe CC let them get away with the human centipede joke - it was pretty disturbing - which I guess is the point of the joke in the first place. Cartman getting struck down by lightning at the end only serves to further punctuate the over-the-top-ness of the episode. For me the disturbing nature of the joke made it difficult to laugh out loud at the episode, but it was a pretty clever satire.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Cartman getting struck by lightning after pissing off god might be one of my favorite endings ot an episode ever.

DarkKyo

faberpach said:
Really great episode.

The centipede was really disturbing.

Cartman fuck me jokes were amazing.
Really? I was tired of it after the first time Cartman said it. How many episodes are they gonna do about Cartman not getting a new device/game that he wants?

I'd say it was one of the top ten worst episodes.

faberpach

Dechaios said:
Really? I was tired of it after the first time Cartman said it. How many episodes are they gonna do about Cartman not getting a new device/game that he wants?

you try too hard.

Oh man, the simulation totally got me! Steve's obsession with reading agreements, the cuttlefish and asparagus, the Toron Rah and the Quickening were all ace. All in all, a pretty good start to the season.

I loved this episode. The funniest thing is when the man said he would kiss his son before fucking, than kisses his son. I thought that was really fucked up, and really funny. The ending is amazing.

Replicant

Love how the Japanese guy katakanized the majority of his sentences:

"Sorri Kairu, I try to resist but burrito is too dericious." XD

Trent Strong said:
They went easy on Apple. Called them the future. If anything they took a shot at PCs.

Yeah I was extremely disappointed in that. They basically just did light jabs like the tracking and "ha ha you sell your soul to apple if you hit agree". I was expecting way more brutal blows than that.

R2D4

Banned
Dechaios said:

When did Cartman's mom change from complete pushover to actually a decent parent? In past episodes she would have gave in quickly.

R2D4 said:
When did Cartman's mom change from complete pushover to actually a decent parent? In past episodes she would have gave in quickly.
Well there was that one episode with the Dog Whisperer Cesar Milan where she really toughened up, but started lapsing towards the end, but yeah... continuity man... They're just doing it to troll Cartman anyhow.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I thought it was a good episode; they took a few shots at the recent tracking issue (understandably so), the PC, Toshiba Handbook, and people not reading terms and conditions agreements (ie: everyone).

Cartman's jokes, appearance on Dr. Phil, and Geniuses is what made the episode for me though lol. The weakest parts were by far the ones with the centipede, but at least that built up to Cartman's "It reads emails, browses the internet, AND shits in Kyle's mouth" which I thought was hilarious.

So again, good episode, but not winning everyone over was predictable.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dechaios said:
Ah, one of those episodes where they stretch a single joke/phrase over the entire show.
Yep. Crappy episode. It involved Apple and still disappointed.

fisheyes

Hahahaha, I clicked reply so that I could write what a 'meh' episode this was, and no shit, an iTunes update just popped up. Oh god, I think I might just have to read it.

glaurung

Since I was warming up to South Park again by watching random episodes off their own service this week, I left disappointed after watching the new one.

All in all it was just a lazy writeup on Jobs. For some unknown reason they dare not go hog wild with him as they did with Mel Gibson or Lucas.

Cartman was boring. Kyle's father's messy wired PC looked silly.

CassSept

An average episode, nothing more, nothing less. There were many far worse episodes, some people are overreacting in my opinion. And this is miles better than last season's first episode (Sexual Healing). They rarely start or end seasons with really good episodes, true gems are usually hidden somewhere in the middle.
That said, even if it was repeated ad infinitum, I enjoyed Cartman's "if you wanted to FUCK ME" jokes.

jakncoke

Banned
Am i the only one surprised how they could've worked in the tracker bit into the plot. I thought the tracker news just broke. Any who nice start to the season, like the episode.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
jakncoke said:
Am i the only one surprised how they could've worked in the tracker bit into the plot. I thought the tracker news just broke. Any who nice start to the season, like the episode.
Yeah, I noticed that too. The news broke roughly 10 days ago, but taking into account that the animations of SP episodes take roughly two days to produce digitally, I think they didn't want to miss the chance. It's not even tacked on, it was integral to the first part of the episode lol.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Cartman's lines were crazy, somewhere a kid is using that line on his mom right now. Some other funny bits like Butters and the actual child rapist but overall concept and execution was pretty awful. For a sec I thought that Best Buy dude was Michael Pachter

Clydefrog

The business casual G-Men totally dressed up Kyle into different clothes before throwing him into the holding cell. I remember he was wearing a blue t-shirt with a rocket ship on it? What was the meaning of this? Were they putting hipster clothes on him?

and Eric's mom is so much more defiant these days. In earlier seasons, she was such a pushover. She doesn't take Eric's shit anymore! SHE FUCKS HIM

ArjanN

A handful of good jokes (quickening/father kissing son/cartman hit by lightning) saved this from being a bad episode, but it definately wasn't one of their best. The human centipede/apple thing went nowhere really.

Nert

I chuckled at the quickening and the over the top asian accent like most people, but eh, not a great start.

Those who didn't like the episode, have you seen the Human Centipede? Not saying you should (not a very good movie), but it helped in my enjoyment of the episode quite a bit, with all the little touches. Also, the ending was awesome. About damn time.

CassSept

Dipindots said:
Episodes 200 and 201 were pretty great imo
But they were neither season premieres, nor season finales. As stated many times already, the true gems are usually hidden in the middle of the seasons (or, more appropriate would be half-seasons). The last episode of that kind that is really a classic is With Apologies to Jesse Jackson (naggers!) and that was already 4 years ago.

There are some better or worse, how to say it, 'edge'? episodes (for instance, I liked the Somalian pirates episode, as bizarre as it was), but since quite a few years they rarely rank among the top episodes of the season.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The cuttlefish and asparagus part just killed me

UberTag

Jinfash said:
What was the best opening episode to any of the recent seasons?

Naggers?
Naggers is a classic.
If it opened a season, it definitely gets my vote.

I didn't much care for last night's episode and I "got" all of the references.
At least the Cartman scenes will be funny when they remove the censored swears.

Suairyu

Banned
Well that episode was entirely terrible.
Revolutionary said:
Those who didn't like the episode, have you seen the Human Centipede? Not saying you should (not a very good movie), but it helped in my enjoyment of the episode quite a bit, with all the little touches. Also, the ending was awesome. About damn time.
I've seen all the key scenes from human centipede. Even if I hadn't, I would have gotten the joke just from the trailer which near enough everyone watched. It's just a rubbish joke.

jakncoke said:
After that Saddam Hussein episode that used the picture of him after he was captured as the character's head only days after the event actually happened, nothing surprises me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom