• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 15 Thread Of Celebrity Meltdowns And Topical Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

damn. what an amazing ending.

shadyspace said:
Weird to hear jokes about PBR as a beer for poor people. It's been "Hipster's Choice" in my mind for so long I was having some serious cognitive dissonance. Also came off like Trey was a little behind the times on the reference.

Yeah, I understand PBR being associated with Hipsterism, but I don't buy it.

I drank a boatload of PBR this past weekend with a bunch of old college friends. We were playing drinking games in the street in front of a friend's house. We blocked the streets' sewer gates with 2x4s so we wouldn't have to fetch so many fallen ping pong balls. We ordered pizza and invited a random person jogging by to play with us.

The guy who owns the house is married; he works in medicine and his wife is a lawyer. We drink PBR because it is cheap and it tastes a hell of a lot better than the typical light beers. We are not hipsters!

P.S. Speed pitch is an awesome drinking game with cans of PBR.

Fantastic ending. I was roaring with laughter.

By comparison, the rest of the episode didn't have me laughing so much as feeling ashamed of Cartman in his stead. :p It was a pretty good episode, though, but Cartman's done funnier things. That "Poor Kid in School"-song just was... Meh.

lo escondido

Apartheid is, in fact, not institutional racism
Lirlond said:
I'm not getting the Penn State jokes
One of the people in their football program is acused of raping young boys and the program was pretty much covering it up.

The Vatican comparison cartman made was pretty apt

Liferebooted said:
Every week, there's at least one of you.

Actually I really didn't think it was that great either..... except the end. That was amazing. I was really hoping they'd go back and do a "You killed Kenny! You Bastard!" It would have felt so perfect.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh wow...that honestly might be the best episode of South Park ever. Not the funniest, probably not my favorite, but just good

Fuck yeah Kenny. I'm glad they're giving him more attention.
And the Agnostic family is incredibly surreally hilarious.

brucewaynegretzky said:
Actually I really didn't think it was that great either..... except the end. That was amazing. I was really hoping they'd go back and do a "You killed Kenny! You Bastard!" It would have felt so perfect.

I was waiting for the line, but having him go 'What the fuck?' was so much better. And then Cartman reverting back to 'yo momma' jokes :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Green Scar said:
And then Cartman reverting back to 'yo momma' jokes :lol
Yeah, that last my momma so poor joke about the shoe killed me. Oddly enough, I was too distracted by the bird to get the joke the first time I saw the episode, so I played the end back on the southparkstudios website so I could hear it again.

Nuttycam

Banned
I think every recent season of South Park has enough good episodes in it to justify it still being on but this season did feel like a return to form, apart from HumanCentipad and Funny Bot everything else was reall really good. Glad it's going on to 20 seasons.

The "clean more ambiguously" line in the agnostic family killed me. Amazing episode!

I stand to my word, the first half of the season was crap, second half outstanding.

Coop

Did Kenny always have a sister? Knew he had a brother but I dont remember a sister (or at least her ever talking)

First half of the season ends with "You're Getting Old", causing me to wonder if Season Fifteen would be the last.

-> Comedy Central announces that South Park has now been renewed through Season TWENTY.

That's right, we're guaranteed to get at least FIVE more seasons out of Matt and Trey. South Park won't end until 2016 at the earliest.

Feels good man.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
aaaaaaaaaaaaawww My momma's so poor she walks down the road with one shooooeeeeee

And if you ask her if she lost her shoe she says "No I found oooooooooooone"

Each new episode of South Park is like an extended Daily Show gag.

It's almost completely reactionary. I don't mind it because I like Matt and Trey's outlook on things, but I can see why some people are upset or don't understand the route the show has taken.

I don't think earlier episodes are very comparable to the more recent ones.

GaimeGuy

CrocMother said:
Each new episode of South Park is like an extended Daily Show gag.

It's almost completely reactionary. I don't mind it because I like Matt and Trey's outlook on things, but I can see why some people are upset or don't understand the route the show has taken.

I don't think earlier episodes are very comparable to the more recent ones.
south park has always been this way. You just didn't notice it in the earlier seasons because you were younger, you didn't have GAF threads to point out the parodies and references that flew over your head, and the show referenced stuff that was a few years old at times, rather than a week old or a few months old. Starvin Marvin parodied braveheart, for instance.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The best Penn State joke was the one about "little behind" took a second to register but damn thats fuckin genius

GaimeGuy said:
south park has always been this way. You just didn't notice it in the earlier seasons because you were younger, you didn't have GAF threads to point out the parodies and references that flew over your head, and the show referenced stuff that was a few years old at times, rather than a week old or a few months old. Starvin Marvin parodied braveheart, for instance.

A bit more subtle, wouldn't you say?

Jason's Ultimatum said:
The fuck? Humancentipad was great, and Cartman's lines with his mother had me in tears.

Agreed. But I think you'd have to be very familiar with the original source material to get a lot of the references that made it so funny. Also, Apple fanboys probably hated it for obvious reasons.

Recon

Banned
kurtrussell said:
Agreed. But I think you'd have to be very familiar with the original source material to get a lot of the references that made it so funny. Also, Apple fanboys probably hated it for obvious reasons.

Holy shit, i dont think you can post without some kind of negative slant towards apple, lol.

south_park_diablo3.jpg

Hehe.. <3 SP

The Technomancer

Full Metal Jacket said:
The agnostic jokes had me dying.
Each element of this episode felt amazing. Return of Mysterion, the Penn State jokes, standard Cartmans assholishness.

But the Agnostic thing was....amazingly surreal. It didn't make any sense, but its probably my favorite aspect of the episode.

GaimeGuy

The_Technomancer said:
Each element of this episode felt amazing. Return of Mysterion, the Penn State jokes, standard Cartmans assholishness.

But the Agnostic thing was....amazingly surreal. It didn't make any sense, but its probably my favorite aspect of the episode.
It kinda made sense. Agnostics concede that there may or may not be a god, and that there really isn't any way to know. Basically, agnosticism = ambiguity, uncertainty, indecisiveness, which is reflected in the "I don't know" responses towards every question, the kinda-half-assed cleaning where they clean something but leave it partially dirty, so it isn't that clean and it isn't that dirty, and the Dr Pepper, which doesn't have an identifiable flavor, rather towing hte line between different flavors.

But then you had the strictness of a religion with the wya the household approached agnosticism so it was kind of agnosticism and kind of a religion/way of life in and of itself. ;)

The Technomancer

GaimeGuy said:
It kinda made sense. Agnostics concede that there may or may not be a god, and that there really isn't any way to know. Basically, agnosticism = ambiguity, uncertainty, indecisiveness, which is reflected in the "I don't know" responses towards every question, the kinda-half-assed cleaning where they clean something but leave it partially dirty, so it isn't that clean and it isn't that dirty, and the Dr Pepper, which doesn't have an identifiable flavor, rather towing hte line between different flavors.

But then you had the strictness of a religion with the wya the household approached agnosticism so it was kind of agnosticism and kind of a religion/way of life in and of itself. ;)
Oh yeah, its not the agnostic beliefs that were surreal. It was their complete over the top hardcore nature.

I'm fairly certain the writers meeting went something like:
"Okay, where hilarious could we send Kenny?"
"What about an ultra-harsh religious family?"
"Even better, an ultra-harsh agnostic family"

Derrick01

Banned
yeah they fucked up big time by not having him in the episode. I guess they either a) don't follow the internet much or b) didn't think he was as ridiculous looking as we all do...or both I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom