• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

Just started season one on netflix.

So when does to the crazy meta episodes start and where do they meet the constantine looking misha ?

So when does to the crazy meta episodes start and where do they meet the constantine looking misha ?
Also, see if you can get season 1 on DVD to watch it, since the music is butchered on the Netflix version. Season 2 on is perfect on there though.

Media

Awesome.

7 minute season 12 preview looks great:

https://youtu.be/UhHysyHdorE

Amazing!

Crazy meta stuff (arguably) starts during season 3, episode 13. That is VERY light meta for this show, and it gets full, in your face, I can't believe they actually did that meta as time goes on.

Sorry for the vague, trying not to be too spoilery :p

7JfWSZu.gif

Fun fact: The character Misha plays' costume was inspired by the Constantine comics :p

lOTl Letter Revolution
lOTl Oy, Mums Back and she's brought the English
lOTl The British are Coming, 1 if by Angels, 2 if by Devils
lOTl Is Season 11 on Netflix yet?

HEY YO RICK SPRINGFIELD IS LUCIFER

That's awesome

Platy

Season 4.

...that is way too far !
Wasn't the original plan to end on Season 5 or something like that ?

Also, see if you can get season 1 on DVD to watch it, since the music is butchered on the Netflix version. Season 2 on is perfect on there though.

...nah. The Series still didn't grabbed me that much to spend extra money on it and I am almost half of the season 1... I will keep that way. It is 1/10 seasons with shit music anyway xD

Crazy meta stuff (arguably) starts during season 3, episode 13. That is VERY light meta for this show, and it gets full, in your face, I can't believe they actually did that meta as time goes on.

Sorry for the vague, trying not to be too spoilery :p

7JfWSZu.gif

Fun fact: The character Misha plays' costume was inspired by the Constantine comics :p

2 seasons and half ? I can handle.

I am an Angel fan .. cheesy and meta are like pre-requisites for me to love a "fighting demons" show xD

And yeah, I heard the fun fact before .. but then again it is not like they are hiding or anything xD

Media

...that is way too far !
Wasn't the original plan to end on Season 5 or something like that ?

...nah. The Series still didn't grabbed me that much to spend extra money on it and I am almost half of the season 1... I will keep that way. It is 1/10 seasons with shit music anyway xD

2 seasons and half ? I can handle.

I am an Angel fan .. cheesy and meta are like pre-requisites for me to love a "fighting demons" show xD

And yeah, I heard the fun fact before .. but then again it is not like they are hiding or anything xD

The angels are teased before 4, but don't show up until then :( Meta stuff starts earlier.

And the season one music is GOAT, honestly a big reason I got hooked into the show.

Still waiting for season 11 to hit Netlix, however I hear Season 12 will be available on Netflix 8 days after its finale so there won't be quite the wait for us who don't watch broadcast television.

Yeah, season one soundtrack was fishing with dynamite. It wasn't even fair.
Maybe one day the streaming rights to the music will get fixed.

When hell freezes over.

Platy

The angels are teased before 4, but don't show up until then :( Meta stuff starts earlier.

And the season one music is GOAT, honestly a big reason I got hooked into the show.

I mean Angel with capital A .... as in "buffy spin off" Angel.
It can be VERY meta and cheesy xD

J35bAia.gif

QETWWBG.gif

AXZ8oXn.gif

p8yU33Z.gif

On a related note, Fred (the girl in blue and yellow) appears in like the second or third episode as the mother of boy who draw pictures of stuff related to a killing lake

J35bAia.gif

QETWWBG.gif

AXZ8oXn.gif

p8yU33Z.gif

On a related note, Fred (the girl in blue and yellow) appears in like the second or third episode as the mother of boy who draw pictures of stuff related to a killing lake
Good news: Ben Edlund, one of the main writers on Angel, is a main writer on Supernatural for the first six seasons. He also wrote the most meta episode of all, The French Mistake. An episode so meta they waited 4 years before trying to go meta again.

omg you're gonna love one of the episodes. You'll know it when you see it, but it's deep into the series.

Media

J35bAia.gif

QETWWBG.gif

AXZ8oXn.gif

p8yU33Z.gif

Look at my avatar real closely...:p

We have other guests from the Buffyverse in Supernatural.

The French Mistake is one of my favorite episodes. The scene that always gets me is
when Virgil, the angel that was hunting them arrived on set and started killing people and the one random guy just sort of evades getting shot and escapes.

Joni

No season 12 OT yet?

Rewatching Gilmore Girls, Jared looks and sounds way differently in that pilot episode. Damn, he was only 18. Looks so young.

I told myself not to buy any more adult colouring books. Then, I walked into Walmart and saw the Supernatural one. It looks a lot nicer in person, so I bought it.

EDIT: I'm sorry, but that poster for this season is pretty bad.

I told myself not to buy any more adult colouring books. Then, I walked into Walmart and saw the Supernatural one. It looks a lot nicer in person, so I bought it.

EDIT: I'm sorry, but that poster for this season is pretty bad.

It is pretty bad, but it is going in the OT either way. Don't worry, the season 12 OT will be about as serious as the season 11 one.

EDIT: Season 12 OT is ready to roll. Not much changed from season 11 one, which is the benefit of doing OTs year after year.

Since I have a few days before it needs to be posted, once again I will ask (with one additional choice):

Ozzy, Danzig, Pink Floyd, or Merle Haggard reference in the title?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It is pretty bad, but it is going in the OT either way. Don't worry, the season 12 OT will be about as serious as the season 11 one.

EDIT: Season 12 OT is ready to roll. Not much changed from season 11 one, which is the benefit of doing OTs year after year.

Since I have a few days before it needs to be posted, once again I will ask (with one additional choice):

Ozzy, Danzig, Pink Floyd, or Merle Haggard reference in the title?

Pink Floyd.

Talents

Banned
So hyped at the new season. Only started watching Supernatural in like May and caught up by the end of July. Season 11 was second best season imo so hope they can keep up the quality next season.

So hyped at the new season. Only started watching Supernatural in like May and caught up by the end of July. Season 11 was second best season imo so hope they can keep up the quality next season.

just a few more days until it lands on netflix

Rewatching Supernatural myself. S5, Episode 4, has THE best scene in the series. That monologue is great. I want the series to end there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom