• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sPKSEfBl.jpg

Supernatural: Season 11
Wednesdays at 9pm on The CW
Premieres Wednesday, October 7th.

Official Supernatural Twitter Feed
Official Facebook Page

w17fJ9M.gif

What is going on?

After dying at the hands of Metatron in season 9, Dean was reborn as a demon thanks to the power of The Mark of Cain. After being cured of his demonness in a ridiculously short amount of time, Dean thought he had things under control and could live with The Mark. But, he soon discovered that The Mark was really a lock, keeping an ancient primordial Darkness from invading our world and consuming it.

fcoRAG4l.jpg

Dean was content with being banished to some corner of the universe by Death, insuring that the Darkness would never be unleashed. As usual, the brothers had to do something stupid in the name of brotherly love, and wound up killing Death himself.
That would have been fine and dandy if Crowley’s mama, Rowena, hadn’t just finished her spell to cure The Mark from Dean, and unknowingly releasing the horror of The Darkness upon an unsuspecting world.

OFo3bvSl.jpg

Last we saw the Winchesters, they were attempting to escape from the site where The Darkness was unleashed, but were enveloped by it.
Meanwhile, Castiel and Crowley were in a pickle of their own.

Will we actually get the story moving in new directions this year, or will we fall back into familiar tropes of the brothers keeping secrets from each other? Will Gabriel ever return? Will anyone believe in a thing called love?

Tune in to find out!

Oh, look. We are back on Wednesdays again.

The Cast

A5CWiDUl.jpg

Jared Padalecki as Moose
Jared's Official Twitter Feed
Official Facebook Page

NeUwNh0l.jpg

Jensen Ackles as Squirrel
Jensen Ackles Official Twitter.
Official Facebook Page

X8vNegvl.jpg

Misha Collins as Attractive Crying Man
Misha's Official Twitter Feed
Misha's Alternate Personality Twitter Feed.
Official Facebook Page

GgKqirgl.jpg

Mark Sheppard as Fergus
Mark Sheppard's Twitter feed
Official Facebook Page

dgVSXpCl.jpg

Tim Curry as The Darkness

7vhVIlh.gif

Charlie Murphy as Darkness

The Music
One of the biggest things about Supernatural is its awesome soundtrack. While the last two seasons have not been as generous with their great classic rock offerings, the show continues to have one of the best soundtracks of any show around.

A listing of all the songs, separated by episode, in the show so far.

Qllj5Mn.gif

SPOILER POLICY

Spoilers are a sensitive subject on GAF. Episode titles and descriptions should be considered spoilers, and tagged as such. Rumors should be treated the same as well.

Once an episode has aired on the East Coast, then it is fair game and should not be spoiler tagged.

Speculation is encouraged and welcome, and should not be spoiler tagged unless it contains information NOT presented on the show. So if you read an interview and they mention something coming, spoiler that stuff!

Remember, if you post some major spoilers without tagging them, this could happen:
YdIOe.gif

gabe-stab.gif

stab.gif

stabby1.gif

S1r9l2S.gif

As for Wednesday nights at 9pm:
sq63lKn.gif

9NC07oV.gif

8I5Qwmk.gif

dZpF0Oa.gif

And on some Wednesdays:
79cIwrP.gif

frowny_face_supernatural.gif

And just for some fun:
tumblr_inline_n0oziqvff31roav68.gif

BPs68vb.jpg

f0I4J4n.jpg

So, what will the song be that plays over "The road so far..." opening this season? I am always excited to find out what they pick.

Slayven

Man I am so lost I don't know where to begin. I haven;t watched the show since they were looking for Cain's shiv

Numb

Man I am so lost I don't know where to begin. I haven;t watched the show since they were looking for Cain's shiv

They place their bromance over the fate of the galaxy yet again and literally bring darkness itself to the world risking everyone else's lives. So the usual.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
how many seal cans of evil did god and others leave laying around. At this point it's all god's fault.

God was too prideful of his creations to fully destroy the Leviathan, so he locked them away instead and created a convoluted process to release them just in case he ever felt like fucking humans over again.

This Darkness shit just seems lazy on his part. Why lock them up and then put the seal on a single, murderous human?

Will we actually get the story moving in new directions this year, or will we fall back into familiar tropes of the brothers keeping secrets from each other? Will Gabriel ever return? Will anyone believe in a thing called love?

Isn't love is only a feeling?...

Subscribed. Aside from tumblr, I will be following the show from afar this year.

Slayven

God was too prideful of his creations to fully destroy the Leviathan, so he locked them away instead and created a convoluted process to release them just in case he ever felt like fucking humans over again.

This Darkness shit just seems lazy on his part. Why lock them up and then put the seal on a single, murderous human?

And way put all them on Earth?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The seal was originally on Lucifer, but the Darkness seeped through and corrupted him which is why he fell. Lucifer then put it on Cain, who was then corrupted by the Darkness as well.

Death went over all of this.

Shit I think i haven't watched this season season 9, wtf am I reading about this Darkness now? is it actually worth getting back into at this point?

I hope if God shows up he's all pissed at the brothers.

"I gave humanity free will, to make your own choices, to pick yourself back up when you fall... but when you brothers fall, you... NEARLY BREAK ALL CREATION IN THE PROCESS!"

New trailer from Jared just posted to Facebook today

Man what the hell

Why is Castiel running from some guy with a shotgun? Hes a fucking Angel! They can just shrug that shit off. And how is a witch able to put a spell on an Angel?

The gradual depowering of Angels in this show is one of the worst things ever.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man what the hell

Why is Castiel running from some guy with a shotgun? Hes a fucking Angel! They can just shrug that shit off. And how is a witch able to put a spell on an Angel?

It was either that or write Cas out of the show. The power creep was too strong.

dalin80

Banned
Man what the hell

This is from the show that decided reapers were just emo Angels and turned the awesome powerhouse of a character 'death' into a chump. Never expect the best.

I still remember when Angels were this new awesome power and Lucifer was a terrifying entity, that will always be the best of supernatural for me. That and the episode intro for the shapeshifter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBJKR8p5V-Y

Somnia

This is from the show that decided reapers were just emo Angels and turned the awesome powerhouse of a character 'death' into a chump. Never expect the best.

I still remember when Angels were this new awesome power and Lucifer was a terrifying entity, that will always be the best of supernatural for me. That and the episode intro for the shapeshifter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBJKR8p5V-Y

That's the bane of any show that lasts a long time, stuff that seemed amazingly strong and scary once before lose that over time.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'll admit I'm excited for the show coming back this Wednesday. I've been watching this damn show for over a decade now, LOL!

Maybe it's time I stop watching it soon....

pmvemcM.gif

It's the first time in 10 years I've actually been scared to start a new season.

I won't be able to handle another crappy one, so I hope the writers will find a way to make things interesting again. I'd hate to leave Supernatural on a bad note considering it's been such a big part of my life.

Okay Carver, time to prove you're worth something as a showrunner.

After how many years, I finally fell out of watching the show every week last season.

I haven't even finished the season yet. Just found the whole plot about Crowly's mom and the mark of cain incredibly boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom