• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, they just started to have THE conversation about codepency I've been waiting for for ages.

It's not just a problem for the brothers, it's a problem for the show too. I'm so glad they're tackling this issue now.

MoveableObject

Neo Member
Man, I really hope this is actually proto-Croatoan and Sam's demon blood comes back into play. But just as a tool, not as a mechanism for angst. Solving some of the past seasons aimlessness by bringing things full circle could be great, if they don't blow it.

I think this is more about giving Sam a direct link to The Darkness, which is cool to me, rather than putting his is life is danger again.

I hope it goes that way. I just want a good season where they don't have to spend the whole time trying save one of their lives from some condition.

Oh, Crowley got his meat suit back.

I give Carver a lot of shit but he always writes decent premieres, and this one was no exception.

Hope the rest of the season can live up to this great episode.

KdylanR92

I was really angry on how demon Dean was handled in the last season and said i was done watching the show................but here i am:[

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Next week looks like it's going to be fun. An episode
in the style of the Exorcist with Crowley playing a priest performing an exorcism
? Yes please!

MUnited83

For you.
*sigh* at one of the brothers once again
ending up with some kind of weird condition that will take up a load of episodes to solve and will make some more brother drama.

That said, strong episode, and I didn't see that
twist at the end coming.

DrAg0nBoY

*sigh* at one of the brothers once again
ending up with some kind of weird condition that will take up a load of episodes to solve and will make some more brother drama.

It will probably end up only an episode probably two, given that it takes only a couple of hours to die from it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I hope so, but I'm expecting some mumbo jumbo about Sam being kinda immune-to-it-but-not-really.

I dunno, in the season preview it showed him with it at an advanced stage and it looks like a lot of those clips were from early episodes. Either it'll get put into remission as they search for a cure or they'll figure it out pretty quick. It sounds like Cas might have some answers, if he can find his way to them.

Finalow

the whole affair in the hospital with sam going all whiny as usual was dumb as fuck, welcome back supernatural <3

actually it's been a while since the last time I was excited for a new season of this show. how long until dean bangs the Darkness? If he hasn't already.
edit/ I was hoping crowley would have kept that body for a couple of episodes at least, that would have been fun. :'(

the OT was nice until the tumblr gif spam.

Joni

Interesting start for the season, aside from Crowley and Cass being separated from the brothers. Let them handle the darkness together.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Interesting start for the season, aside from Crowley and Cass being separated from the brothers. Let them handle the darkness together.

Well, it looks like Crowley's back in the fold next episode. He's ready to get back in the fight after his orgy.

So the darkness is a person and she saves one of the brothers? Sigh.

So both of the brothers have a problem that won't be revealed until the midway point and likely cause a split? Sigh. What a tweest!

I did laugh at how easily Sam got knocked out though. LOL.

Crowley the freak. Love it.

Oooooh, the cage! Bring on Samifer baby.

Oki so, now I got a weird boner for Crowley...great.

Also, when Dean and The Darkness were getting close enough to kiss, did anyone else think of Dean's speech to Cole about once you touch that darkness there's no coming back? Couldn't help but to think of once you go Darkness you never go back...someone help me pls.

I like how they brought the cage up again, it hasn't so much been mentioned since the musical number, and even then they just were reminded that they left their freaking half-brother in the cage. Who do you think is the one crying in the cage? Michael or Lucifer? I feel it's more Lucifer, considering he was the one that bore The Mark first, and likely had it the longest.

Crowley as an ally sucks. This character only works as an evil character, an enemy, that was proved in season 10.

I want him to do his own thing. He'll cross paths with the brothers for sure, but I hope they don't help each other.

Totally agree about Cass though. The writers have been sidelining him for years. It never works. His story was the only black spot in the premiere. Bring him back where he belongs, with Sam and Dean.

the whole affair in the hospital with sam going all whiny as usual was dumb as fuck, welcome back supernatural <3

He was right though. Since season 8 the brothers had only been thinking about saving each other's butts no matter the price the universe had to pay. The season 10 finale was just a culmination of that, in the most pathetic way. I'm glad Sam and Dean remember what it means to be heroes.

Joni

Crowley as an ally sucks. This character only works as an evil character, an enemy, that was proved in season 10.

I want him to do his own thing. He'll cross paths with the brothers for sure, but I hope they don't help each other.

Totally agree about Cass though. The writers have been sidelining him for years. It never works. His story was the only black spot in the premiere. Bring him back where he belongs, with Sam and Dean.

The problem is mainly that Crowley is a lot funnier when he gets positioned next to Cass and Dean, just like Cass is a lot funnier when he is with Crowley and Dean. He is menacing when he is a villain, but it would limit his conversations with the others.

Finalow

He was right though. Since season 8 the brothers had only been thinking about saving each other's butts no matter the price the universe had to pay. The season 10 finale was just a culmination of that, in the most pathetic way. I'm glad Sam and Dean remember what it means to be heroes.
that's true but in that case there literally was no reason to don't brute force an exit out of there, instead they had to do what they did in order to force sammy's infection for whatever next drama is coming up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
that's true but in that case there literally was no reason to don't brute force an exit out of there, instead they had to do what they did in order to force sammy's infection for whatever next drama is coming up.

It's a chance for them to break the cycle for real now. Sam won't be able to cover this up for long, it's going to come to a head quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom