• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Have they ever gone into detail before about what happened to sam in the pit? I remember the messed up sam that he had to kill, but damn, mike and lucy went in on the torture.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So glad I wasn't the only one that thought that. Sam is dumb for not knowing what it means (and he has been being NOT dumb for once over the past episodes yay!)

In other news, things I loved:

Sam held his fabulous hair back to prevent it from being singed when he tried the cure
Dean walking into the bunker asking for someone who cleaned up their messes, and a wild Cas appeared. Lulz.
Also, Cas was in pretty much the same exact place Dean last saw him (forever cry)
Crowley being sassy is always a joy.
He always fucks up at trying to control things evilier than him, so...fifth times a charm?
The van thing was sooooo bad.

Hannah and her kinda hot previous vessel :(

Fixed.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I hope I am not the only one that thinks it was an anvil to the head saying they need to open the cage.

That's the first thing I thought of too. That vision coupled with the info in the opener about the cage rattling leads me to believe that they are indeed going down that road this season!

Pretty good ep last night, S11 is off to a very strong start.

FZZ

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks Crowley teaming up with the darkness is really really stupid.

Obviously the Darkness wants to consume everything... Like that's her goal and objective, to consume everything and only leave darkness. Watch him realize this next episode and then he won't be able to kill her.

Also Holy Oil getting rid of the infection makes sense if you think about Holy Oil creating a fire to be a light in the darkness. Imo the show is actually doubling down on plot holes, but making every character stupid as fuck.

With all that said it was a great episode and parts had me super tense, something I haven't felt from the show in a long time.

So Death is dead, huh? Confirmed. =(

What's odd is that the Darkness said she doesn't know Death. I guess Death wasn't as old as he said he was.

aku:jiki

It almost feels odd, but I'm a little excited by this show again. I'm liking that they seem to be trying to shut the door on brother drama, they're shutting the door on Cas always being bailed out because he's BFFs with powerful angels and they're shutting the door on infinite resurrections. If they actually stick to these things and make the season arc good as well, then maybe this show is actually back... I'm cautiously optimistic for now.

I don't believe the reaper that Death is dead. I think he's just out there chilling somewhere and doesn't want to be disturbed. The reason for this is because I don't want to believe he's so stupid as to leave him so exposed to an attack.

Good episode overall.

Azazzel

So Death is dead, huh? Confirmed. =(

What's odd is that the Darkness said she doesn't know Death. I guess Death wasn't as old as he said he was.

It kinda makes sense though. God and the angels (life) had to exist before there was Death. Even if both don't remenber who was first.

Joni

Took me way too long to realize Jenna is the daughter from the colonel on Falling Skies. And that she was already on the show.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It kinda makes sense though. God and the angels (life) had to exist before there was Death. Even if both don't remenber who was first.

I'd put money on Death just not joining in on the fight against the Darkness. He sure seemed to know a lot about it for a guy that wasn't around at the time, so it's fair to think he was. God and Death probably came into existence around the same time. From there it looks like God created help to aid in his fight with the Darkness, the Arch Angels, and Death just sat it all out. He never seemed the type to bother with getting his hands dirty.

Part of me still thinks that all of existence was some crazy plot by God to finally beat the Darkness and kill it for good.

O GOD DAMMIT!
They cure Sam of the sickness right away, and not only do they kill off the strong, attractive female, they kill off a strong female using a male vessel! No female is safe. Not really sure if Angels have genders or not, but their names are always appropriate to the gender of their vessel. Hanna was freaking awesome, and they just kill her off :( come on, stop this bullshit already!

I actually didn't understand that head torture thing at first either, first thing that came to my mind when I saw the chains was Hellraiser and some scenes from Saw. Makes sense now that you guys pointed out the cage reference. Again I think it's Lucifer that was terrified over The Darkness's release. Hopefully they bust those two out, ADAM INCLUDED I SWEAR TO GOD IF THEY LEAVE ADAM IN THERE AND TAKE LUCI AND MICHAEL OUT ASDFGHJKJL!

The episode other than the general trope the show is guilty of wasn't too bad though. When they started play Oh Death I was like oooooo shit, I knew Death couldn't be dead! He tricked those boys good. Wait...that doesn't look like Death...maybe she's some physic person, OR Death is just making himself look different for unknown reasons! Yeah that has got to be it, Death is undercover!
Death: "Hey, Sam."
Sam: "How do you know my name? Who are you?"
Death: "I think you mean, 'What?' Here's a hint, you and your brother...have been real good for business lately"
Sam: -thinks-
Me: I KNEW IT, IT'S DEATH! HE'S GONNA SAY DEATH!
Sam: "You're a reaper..."
Me: DAMMIT!
Not Death: Circle gets the square.

The whole casting Sam's/Dean's soul into the void though, I think God would still be able to bring them back, no? Or at least recreate them, he is Omnipotent, after all. Also, considering that it's been confirmed that Gabriel is still alive, and given that The Darkness says she doesn't know who this Death is and that he doesn't know who she is I have a theory. I think Gabriel posed as Death to give the boys the advice, and when Dean killed "death" he killed one of Gabriel's illusions and not Death himself. Death is way too smart to give Dean his freaking Scythe and expect him to kill Sammy.

I liked Crowley's van thing hehe, and the fact that he posses as a Priest and offers Nuns/Priests what they want to prevent his demons from getting exercised, really brilliant.

The whole casting Sam's/Dean's soul into the void though, I think God would still be able to bring them back, no? Or at least recreate them, he is Omnipotent, after all. Also, considering that it's been confirmed that Gabriel is still alive, and given that The Darkness says she doesn't know who this Death is and that he doesn't know who she is I have a theory. I think Gabriel posed as Death to give the boys the advice, and when Dean killed "death" he killed one of Gabriel's illusions and not Death himself. Death is way too smart to give Dean his freaking Scythe and expect him to kill Sammy.
Your post kind of reminds me of something that's been bugging me about this show's lore for a while now.

So, we know God is real and that Heaven and Hell are real, and so Sam and Dean. So why keep at this "saving people" shtick when we already know that these people will go to Heaven when they are killed?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Your post kind of reminds me of something that's been bugging me about this show's lore for a while now.

So, we know God is real and that Heaven and Hell are real, and so Sam and Dean. So why keep at this "saving people" shtick when we already know that these people will go to Heaven when they are killed?

Not everyone goes to heaven dude, some people go to hell and it sucks.

I've been enjoying the shift in pacing so far these first 2 episodes. It feels like they've slowed down just a bit (particularly the first few segments of the premiere) while also focusing on pushing the main plot forward and side stepping some of the tired Supernatural beats, all of which has given the show a shot to the arm. I really hope they can keep it up.

Goldrush

Awwww...Dean actually likes Crowley. The show usually tries to come up with some excuses why they can't off Crowley or at least pretends that the thought never crosses either minds. Interesting that the show actually focus on the moment this time and just didn't have Dean stab the hand and immediately run to the nursery.

Joni

It is not clear what happens to you when you die through the Darkness. It is clear that some people go to Purgatory, some go to hell and some get lost by the deaths so they might still be saving them.

It is not clear what happens to you when you die through the Darkness. It is clear that some people go to Purgatory, some go to hell and some get lost by the deaths so they might still be saving them.

Also, heaven ain't exactly perfect as we've seen several times. Basically a holodeck of good memories.

BouncyFrag

Old question here. Does Sam still have the powers from the demon blood should he decide to get his drink on?
index.jpg

Old question here. Does Sam still have the powers from the demon blood should he decide to get his drink on?
index.jpg

I would think so. Or at least I hope so, that's what Lucy will need to come back.

And while this was a good episode, I was a little bummed they figured out how to get rid of the plague so quickly.

Still, I Imagine that's just the appetizer and more will be coming very soon.

index.jpg
I think he still has the powers but ever since they caged Luci, the powers have been dormant.

Something confuses me. God created the Archangels to defeat The Darkness, but weren't Levithans created before Angels? So did God co-exist with The Darkness and create the Leviathans? Maybe The Darkness corrupted the Levithans and that's what made God want to seal it away. Would be interesting if that were the case.

Also, I thought holy oil had a more yellow tint and was thicker than water, yet when Sam is trying to purify himself what he pours looks just like water. Also I thought holy oil burned indefinitely and made large flames, the flames around those three people went out and was really small.

I think he still has the powers but ever since they caged Luci, the powers have been dormant.

Something confuses me. God created the Archangels to defeat The Darkness, but weren't Levithans created before Angels? So did God co-exist with The Darkness and create the Leviathans? Maybe The Darkness corrupted the Levithans and that's what made God want to seal it away. Would be interesting if that were the case.

Also, I thought holy oil had a more yellow tint and was thicker than water, yet when Sam is trying to purify himself what he pours looks just like water. Also I thought holy oil burned indefinitely and made large flames, the flames around those three people went out and was really small.

My fanwank on that when I saw it was that the Darkness and the Holy oil canceled each other out somehow. Since they showed it twice with the gauze and the then the ring.

But being Christian doesn't seem to get you to heaven all the time. Plus the angels are dicks.
And yet even Bobby got in. And the Roadhouse people. And Sam and Dean, actually.

So far, it seems like Heaven is the default, unless you lose your soul or get turned into a monster, somehow.

Maybe the Leviathans are older than all angels but the Archangels.

And yet even Bobby got in. And the Roadhouse people. And Sam and Dean, actually.

So far, it seems like Heaven is the default, unless you lose your soul or get turned into a monster, somehow.

Maybe the Leviathans are older than all angels but the Archangels.
Naw I think as long as you save people you get a ticket to heaven. Everyone we saw up there saved people either directly(like being a hunter and killing monsters) or indirectly(giving information on how to kill monsters like the roadhouse people). Even Sam, who drank demon blood and freed Luci did so to try and save people. Concerning the saving people sthick, as we've seen heaven isn't all that glamorous. You're pretty much alone with your memories for eternity unless you had a soul mate, or were buddies with Ash. Like Dean said, real is down there.

Maybe, that's what I theorized since we found out Levithans could kill Angels. However, since the Archangels were all out of commission during the Levithans arc we couldn't know for sure. I hopes The Darkness will settle it for us.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I've finally caught up after binge watching the entire series on Netflix and after season 10's ending I didn't want to stop. So now I've got a couple episodes in this season to watch and I just finished the first one.

Overall it was a solid episode and opener to the new season. A lot of mystery, a lot of tension with the infection - something the series has needed for a while now - and some straight truth from the characters about what they've been doing and how they need to stop repeating the mistakes of the past.

The Darkness could be really interesting if done right, I think. Right now there's still a lot of things we don't know about it except it shares some sort of bond with Dean - likely setting it up that he'll inadvertently help her without consciously doing so. Given the baby has the Mark of Cain in the same place the lady Darkness did, I'm fairly sure that's the case already. I guess the question remains is why there is a bond. We know the Mark and what it did to Dean/Cain/Lucifer was influenced by the Darkness but maybe there's a bit more to it.

Whatever the Darkness is, it's enough to shake Luci/Michael in the cage so here's hoping we see them outside of name drops.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope they bring back Lucifer's old meat suit. He played the role very well, better than LuciSam did.

I've finally caught up after binge watching the entire series on Netflix and after season 10's ending I didn't want to stop. So now I've got a couple episodes in this season to watch and I just finished the first one.

Overall it was a solid episode. A lot of mystery, a lot of tension with the infection - something the series has needed for a while now - and some straight truth from the characters about what they've been doing and how they need to stop repeating the mistakes of the past.

The Darkness could be really interesting if done right, I think. Right now there's still a lot of things we don't know about it except it shares some sort of bond with Dean - likely setting it up that he'll inadvertently help her without consciously doing so. Given the baby has the Mark of Cain in the same place the lady Darkness did, I'm fairly sure that's the case already. I guess the question remains is why there is a bond. We know the Mark and what it did to Dean/Cain/Lucifer was influenced by the Darkness but maybe there's a bit more to it.

Whatever the Darkness is, it's enough to shake Luci/Michael in the cage so here's hoping we see them outside of name drops.
When was it implied they were shaken? I assumed Sam was given a vision of them torturing him because (perhaps) they (the most powerful archangels) are the key to stopping the darkness. Or at least they know how it was done originally.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
When was it implied they were shaken? I assumed Sam was given a vision of them torturing him because (perhaps) they (the most powerful archangels) are the key to stopping the darkness. Or at least they know how it was done originally.

The first episode (I just started episode 2) when Crowley's underlings mention the rumors going around Hell.

I hope they bring back Lucifer's old meat suit. He played the role very well, better than LuciSam did.

Mark Pellegrino is awesome and deserves to come back.

You know what's messed up about this entire situation? God locked away the darkness, created the mark, gave it to Lucifer (who was then corrupted by it), which inevitably led to the confrontation between himself and Michael. The fact that God directed the latter confrontation to happen tells me full well he knew exactly how events would unfold.

What a dick.

The first episode (I just started episode 2) when Crowley's underlings mention the rumors going around Hell.

Oh yeah, the mention of the cage. Now I remember.

I wonder if they're aware of the alarms going off in heaven. While most of the angels are puzzled by them Lucifer and Michael know what's up, but can't do a damn thing about it due to their imprisonment.

Rooster12

I'm halfway into season 2 on this show and I can't really get into it.

A lot of freak-of-the-week stuff...but I like how they travel around everywhere. I wish they would focus on the main story more.

The Hellhounds episode was by far the strongest, they need more stuff like that.

A lot of freak-of-the-week stuff...but I like how they travel around everywhere. I wish they would focus on the main story more.

The Hellhounds episode was by far the strongest, they need more stuff like that.

They focus more on the main story as the series goes on. These days, it's pretty much all they focus on for better or for worse.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Keep watching. Season 2's latter parts are really great and the show picks up heavily from there to the end of season 5.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Another solid episode and looking ahead based on summaries through episode 5 it seems like the main story will be a larger focus this season like it was in 9 (my favorite post season 5) so there's definitely potential being set up.

I was surprised to see how quickly the infection was cured from Sam but it's likely a good thing as it's only a drop in the bucket compared to the other likely things the Darkness can do. There seems to be a lot of urgency so far - and it was pretty clear Sam's vision was from his time in the cage.

Glad to see Crowley and Dean's love/hate relationship is still intact after Sam's actions last season. Crowley is totally going to get played by the Darkness, though it sounds like there is some potential for both angels and demons to work together this season (RIP Hannah). I suspect some of that will happen next episode based on the preview.

And now I'm caught up and the weekly wait begins :(.

There was a bartender here in NOLA the other night that looked like Mark Pelligrino. I was served beer by Lucifer. Or Jacob. Take your pick.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Another solid episode and looking ahead based on summaries through episode 5 it seems like the main story will be a larger focus this season like it was in 9 (my favorite post season 5) so there's definitely potential being set up.

I was surprised to see how quickly the infection was cured from Sam but it's likely a good thing as it's only a drop in the bucket compared to the other likely things the Darkness can do. There seems to be a lot of urgency so far - and it was pretty clear Sam's vision was from his time in the cage.

Glad to see Crowley and Dean's love/hate relationship is still intact after Sam's actions last season. Crowley is totally going to get played by the Darkness, though it sounds like there is some potential for both angels and demons to work together this season (RIP Hannah). I suspect some of that will happen next episode based on the preview.

And now I'm caught up and the weekly wait begins :(.

I'm not so sure the angels will be so willing to play nice with the Winchesters, it sounds like everyone in a position of power, but Crowley, hates their guts these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom