• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Been busy working but finally had the opportunity to sit down and watch the season premiere and just wanted to share some impressions with you guys:

I thought this was a pretty solid start for the season. Better then the last two season openers in my opinion. It also felt some what fresh and looks to be taking the show in a pretty different direction.

The story, going by the first episode seemed pretty well thought out. More so then most of Jeremy Carver's usual episodes. I appreciated that the story actually kept me interested and even had a few small twists and a few mysteries.

There was less butthurt in this episode. There were some secrets kept from one another which got an eye-roll from me but going off of the previews for next week, it looks like Sam will at least come clean about being infected (he kind of half too) and well I did get the impression that the brothers are indeed more on the same page now and is suppose to be a huge thing this season.

A single episode isn't enough to gauge the quality of a season (though I actually enjoyed about 75% of season 10 personally) but I did get a good feeling for season 11 and it feels like they are possibly trying harder this year to bring back a more epic feel then previous season in recent years.

To Recap: I enjoy the season 11 premiere quite a bit, next week's episode looks promising as well. In it's 11th season most people should know by now whether or not they like the show or don't like the show. I'm obviously a fan and I'm happy that the show is still going and going pretty strong still.

8.5/10

BokehKing

Banned
Oh man.... This season so far seems better than the last 3 and it's only the premier

God damn....

baby has the mark and Sam is infected...

Magwik

Banned
Finally got around to watching the premiere. Wow that was a genuinely great episode. Like really good.
Also as others said I'll also be upset if they do nothing with Michael and Lucifer

aku:jiki

So I wonder what the reveal about "the darkness" is going to be, considering they were brewing a twist in this episode... The "rabids" (as Sam put it) were obviously hunting the baby, who has the mark in the same place as the woman Dean spoke to. It better be a good reveal and they better not be starting what we're all worrying that they're starting with Sam's infection bullshit. I might actually finally rage quit if they do that again.

tbd

Could this be a fun adventure show like Xena, Hercules, Buffy, Angel? Should I give it a go if I like those? It's like this kind of shows is dying out, sadly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Could this be a fun adventure show like Xena, Hercules, Buffy, Angel? Should I give it a go if I like those? It's like this kind of shows is dying out, sadly.

season 1-5 are amazing. the rest, not so much. And yes if you like those shows I dont see how you wouldnt like this

still watch it tho

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's from the same era of television, it just lasted way longer than any of those.

Definitely worth a shot.

Volimar

I wonder if the baby is the darkness or if it's the key to stopping the darkness. Dean was super protective of the baby. At the time I thought he was just grabbing on to something, but now we know that he shares a bond with the darkness, it does make me wonder...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder if the baby is the darkness or if it's the key to stopping the darkness. Dean was super protective of the baby. At the time I thought he was just grabbing on to something, but now we know that he shares a bond with the darkness, it does make me wonder...

The baby is totally the darkness, the mark is even in the same spot.

The end of the episode opened up a couple huge cans of worms, but not in a bad way. I just don't know if I'm ready for another
this character is now evil
story arc if Sam gets truly
infected.
Plus, they have short shelf lives, so who knows what will happen.

season 1-5 are amazing. the rest, not so much. And yes if you like those shows I dont see how you wouldnt like this

still watch it tho

Seasons 1-5 are incredibly good. The show is still decent, but went downhill afterwards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
premier was alright. but thye pulled out the "winchester brother infected/cursed/doomed" again, really?

really?

Not really happy with what I saw. Really skeptical of another gimmick cursed Winchester, and they're need to save each other at the world's peril has gotten to the point where another hunter would be legitimately motivated to ice them and I'd root for them.

Magwik

Banned
I can't see Sam getting cured without it being a total cop out. but it'll probably just be Sammy on the verge of dead and Dean goes crying to momma darkness and she fixes Sammy up then does something stupidly evil to balance things out

Razmos

Totally forgot I have Supernatural: The Anime on DVD and haven't watched any of it yet, I should get around to that. Good ol' fashioned Season 1 supernatural in anime form, what can go wrong?

Meanwhile I need to catch up on season 10 since I stopped about halfway through.

Totally forgot I have Supernatural: The Anime on DVD and haven't watched any of it yet, I should get around to that. Good ol' fashioned Season 1 supernatural in anime form, what can go wrong?

Meanwhile I need to catch up on season 10 since I stopped about halfway through.

For one, this is Bobby:
Bobby-anime.jpg

Don't watch it. I'd consider it one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Kevin

The anime was ridiculously terrible and I loved it for that. It's a complete fun disaster that left me and my friend laughing at the trainwreck the entire time. I own it on Blu-Ray even. lol

I think you better feed the damn baby.

EDIT* For a split second I didn't think they'd pay off the Ghostbusters set up. But then I remembered this is Supernatural. And they've worked 3 references into this phone call along.

Magwik

Banned
He sorta has to. The guy finds ways to become so OP that he needs to be knocked down for most of the season. Honestly, I feel like he can take care of mostly all the issues they face.

Still, it get's so fucking boring. Cas is OP and fixes stuff -> Cas is nerfed and shit. Rinse and repeat. Just kill him off already.

Magwik

Banned
And almost on cue, the guy hulks out & takes care of business.

I'd say I would be fine with Cas taking a perma nerf and running around with Sam and Dean but that's already been done like 2-3 times as is. There's just nothing to do with him anymore. Now it'll be another season of him separated from everyone with the excuse of "sorry im busy" and fucking off doing nothing.

I'd say I would be fine with Cas taking a perma nerf and running around with Sam and Dean but that's already been done like 2-3 times as is. There's just nothing to do with him anymore. Now it'll be another season of him separated from everyone with the excuse of "sorry im busy" and fucking off doing nothing.

I've pretty much gotten over angels in general. They don't really serve any purpose if they aren't going to actually bring in God as a character at some point to deal with them. I don't know. They just seem to have overstayed their welcome.

Magwik

Banned
Oh cool let's retread on the Lilith little girl plot too. Hope it doesn't last too long as lady Darkness being a child

The Sam portions of this episode have been the most interesting. I hope we follow more of what he's on to rather than too much focus on Cas or Crowley. That stuff seems cool.

Magwik

Banned
The Sam portions of this episode have been the most interesting. I hope we follow more of what he's on to rather than too much focus on Cas or Crowley. That stuff seems cool.

Hopefully he finds a more efficient way of curing people other than leading them into a circle

george_us

Anyone else find it odd that
A) the Darkness enjoys eating souls even though it existed long before souls came into being and B) that the disease caused by the Darkness is affected by Holy Oil?
Maybe I'm just overthinking shit.

Magwik

Banned
A) the Darkness enjoys eating souls even though it existed long before souls came into being and B) that the disease caused by the Darkness is affected by Holy Oil?
Well the holy oil stuff would probably be taken more seriously if Sam didn't just read Bible stuff on the Internet, and we don't know enough about the Darkness to know how things work when it comes to souls

-Deimos

Holy Oil, what can't it do?
Well the holy oil stuff would probably be taken more seriously if Sam didn't just read Bible stuff on the Internet, and we don't know enough about the Darkness to know how things work when it comes to souls
Hey man, desperate, last-minute, random google searches have saved my ass plenty of times.

Sam asks God for a sign.

God gives Sam a sign.

Sam: Ahhhh....WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???!

I hope I am not the only one that thinks it was an anvil to the head saying they need to open the cage.

This season has been fantastic so far, please keep up the momentum.

And get Cas a shock blanket cause god damn.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I hope I am not the only one that thinks it was an anvil to the head saying they need to open the cage.

This season has been fantastic so far, please keep up the momentum.

And get Cas a shock blanket cause god damn.

Yea, it's either telling them to open the cage or go to Luci and Mike and ask for help. Outside of Gabe they're the only two left that were there when God cast out the Darkness. If anyone is going to have real information they can use, it's going to be the two of them.

Yea, it's either telling them to open the cage or go to Luci and Mike and ask for help. Outside of Gabe they're the only two left that were there when God cast out the Darkness. If anyone is going to have real information they can use, it's going to be the two of them.

So glad I wasn't the only one that thought that. Sam is dumb for not knowing what it means (and he has been being NOT dumb for once over the past episodes yay!)

In other news, things I loved:

Sam held his fabulous hair back to prevent it from being singed when he tried the cure
Dean walking into the bunker asking for someone who cleaned up their messes, and a wild Cas appeared. Lulz.
Also, Cas was in pretty much the same exact place Dean last saw him (forever cry)
Crowley being sassy is always a joy.
He always fucks up at trying to control things evilier than him, so...fifth times a charm?
The van thing was sooooo bad.

Hannah and her kinda hot vessel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom